Le Classique - Une rivalité à un autre niveau

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieOchoa

Reaction score
imgres

Le Classique, a rivalry in France contested between the most successful clubs in France, Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain, possibly the biggest rivalry in the world. Over the last few years Marseille have taken the edge in this rivalry ever since the glory days of Ronaldinho and PSG ended. The rivalry is well known as North vs South, PSG in the north, OM, in the south. Today PSG has taken a big step in this rivalry by hiring a new manager, a fresh face in football, Australian young boy Nick van Aalst. PSG are hoping that a new face in football will be the best thing to happen, and will bring a different look to the game.

Nick van Aalst
Nationality - Australian
Age - 34
Uncapped
Previous Jobs - None

van Aalst takes over from former manager Antoine Kombouaré who wasn't hugely succesful, just the Coupe de France was won. The Australian said this:

I'm a excited to be the manager of a huge club like PSG, and for it to be my first job in football is unbelievable. I just never thought it could happen to someone like me.

-----------------

Notes: This will be a joint story with Toddzy, using the Chris22 Summer Update with transfers. Nations Loaded - France, England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal.

I should have an update on this soon just trying to create an opening post!

Big challenge taking on PSG, good luck! Are you going to allow roaming, or stay at the same club(s)?

Deschamps confirms the rumours!

Deschamps on a family holiday

Whilst on holiday in Cuba with his family, Marseille manager Didier Deschamps has confirmed circulling rumours about his future at the club. The news, for some, is not what they wanted to hear.

The UEFA Champions league winner confirmed that he had stepped down from his role as manager, a decision that was based on spending time with his family rather than any other problems. Reports suggested that Deschamps had had a falling out with the chairman, but he rubbished this report, stating that he had only 'love' for his chairman.

Many fans see this as a shock as Deschamps would surely be the man to take Marseille back to the title. But with his departure is had almost paved the way for the return of French legend, Zinedine Zidane. Zidane, who retired professional football following the 2006 World Cup final has stated that he would love to get back into football and the oppourtunity to manage his former club would be a 'honour'.

View attachment 98979
Zidane in utter shame.

This became one of the most remembered pictures in footballing history. In a glittering career, Zidane was destined to lift the World Cup after cooly netting a penalty to give France the lead. but after a 'moment of madness', Zidane headbutted Marco Matterazzi, and was giving his marching orders.

But that is said to be behind him now and he is looking to move in football management. So far though, no word has yet been given on whether or not Zidane has been apporuched for the role.

Big challenge taking on PSG, good luck! Are you going to allow roaming, or stay at the same club(s)?

I wouldn't allow roaming and won't roam, defeats the purpose of our challenge in my opinion :S. I'm just about to load up this save on FM, so I'll have a transfer update soon I'd assume.

Dassier welcomes new manager!

Dassier after his annoucement

Marseille chairman finally cancelled rumours concerning the new manager of his club by annoucing who will take over. Despite fierce reports it would be Zidane, dassier has looked in a differant direction.

He instead deceided to appoint former professional Pierre Youssif as the new manager. Youssif, 41, is a former club captain of A.S Saint Ettienne for 14 years straight but never made it on the international stage for France. A hard htting midfielder, he was known in France by many for his great attacking power.

It was this attacking power that is said to have interested Dassier in his new man. Youssif has been working away at a few reserve sides, and most recently France's Under 21's and 19's. He got both these sides playing flawless direct football and was heavily praised for doing so. he was also tipped as Domenech's replacement but has instead moved into club management.

This will be a big challenege for the Frenchman, but he was quoted as saying he can't wait for the challenege. When asked about transfer targets, he mentioned the name of one striker, which many believe as 'ambitious.' This player was Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko. With numerous other top sides looking at the big Bosnian, they'll face stiff rivarly for his signature. Youssif also confirmed he had offered a contract to William Gallas, who is now a Free Agent following his release from Arsenal.

Gallas after a long day of talks in Marseille

- - -

View attachment 98986

- - -

Foot Notes : This player is created and has done none of things mentioned, I have just tried to create some backround information.

Let the battle commence...

July Report

Transfers

• Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg for an installment fee of £22million.
  • Gennaro Gattuso from AC Milan for a fee of £9million.
  • William Gallas on a Free Agent.
  • Renato from Sevilla for a fee of £1.5million.
Outs

• Julian Rodriguez to Toulouse for £1million
  • Charles Kabore to Schalke for £2.4million.
In an interesting transfer period for the new manager, he succesfully managed to sign the player that he set out to sign in Edin Dzeko. Fired up and ready to go, Dzeko will most likely lead the front line with current club captain Mamadou Niang. Brandao and Morientes will be the back-up strikers. Also with Gattuso and Renato coming in, Youssif now has a great amount of talent to choose from for his central midfield role now. Mbia, Gonzalez View attachment 99014, Cheyrou, Abriel and Valbuena are all of his experianced players. Due to his new 4-3-1-2 set up, he has Ben Arfa as the more creative player with Gonzalez going to be playing in that role when he recovers from his injury.

Dzeko during his Wolfsburg days, now a Marseille player

- - -

Matches

In a pre-season for the new manager that wasn't exceptional but in hindsight was still good as they only lost in 1 game. The game in which they lost was a very poor one and they were beaten by Germinal Beerschot 1-0. New man Ediz Dzeko turned in a handful of good performances and netted 3 goals in pre-season. other good performers were Cheyrou, Mbia and Azpilacueta. Yussif commented though that he still felt that the team itself was bonding and gelling. He added that Deschamps himself had added a lot of new players on top of the current one's that he brought in, so things would take time. Gennaro Gattuso looked a little bit out of shape in his new team and is reportly finding it difficult with the language barrier. He was also a little overconfident, but that was to be expected.

Struggling Gattuso

- - -

The Marseille Cup

In an interesting turn of events, Youssif cancelled the remaining games of Marseille's tour of Belgium and proposed to the board a friendly tournament called 'The Marseille Cup.' It would consist of Arsenal, Standard and Santos. But, after Arsenal turned the request down, Youssif looked to Italian side Fiorentina to fill the void which the accpeted. The tournament was prepared.

It would be a league system were each team would play each other once, the winner would be the team who had the most points of course. Youssif believed that this would be the ideal way to cap of July and prepare for new Ligue 1 season. With talent such as Kerrison for Santos who recently joined on loan from Barcelona, Alberto Gilardino who is one of the most feared forwards in World football and Steven Duffor who is an exceptional central midfield player. It wouldnt be easy for Marseille but they were actually considered the favourites to lift their own trophy.

This was the result and many believed it was a great one. With 2 impressive performances against Standard and Fiorentina whilst narrowly beating Santos on penalties, Marseille lifted the cup. In the Standard game Mamadou Niang would go on to net 4 times in a game which Marseille won 6-2. Dzeko also netted in this game, after he was played through by a delightful little chip from Ben Arfa. Dzeko also netted the equaliser against Santos after Kerrison gave them the lead. Fans from all 4 teams then watched a thrilling penalty shoutout in which Valbuena of Marseille scored to win the match. In the last game Fiorentina had a lot of jaded players, including Gilardino (45% fitness rating and started). This proved vital for Marseille as they turned in a convincing performance and stole the show by winning 3-0. A Morintes thunder-bolt was the highlight of this game as he netted a screamer from 25 yards.

This concluded July for Youssif and his team and they looked hopefully forward to the begging of the new Ligue 1 campaign. They kick off at Home to Stade Rennais F.C on the 08/08/2009.

Niang after his 4th against Standard Liege

- - -

Last edited:
August Report :wub:
Marseille went into the month of August delighted with their recent vicotry in the Marseille Cup. Pierre Youssif had helped his team turn in 2 very impressive performances against Standard Liege and Fiorentina and they now looked to continue this form into the league. With Dzeko and Niang on hot form heading into the Month, Youssif had every right to be expectant of his 2 big frontmen.

There are high hopes on this man - Edin Dzeko

- - -

Matches

As Marseille lined up to play 4 games this month they managed to win 3 and draw 1. They picked up impressive wins against Monaco, Sochaux and Stade Rennais. This helped them make a good start to the league and find themselves in 3rd place. Dzeko, Niang and Ben Arfa all found themselves amongst the goals and all find themselves on 2 goals each.

It was in the first game against Stade Rennais that Ben Arfa really turned up. The first goal of his brace in this game seen him collect the ball from Gattuso before striking the ball into the corner on the 18 yard box. His second came after a rebound from a Dzeko strike found its way to the Frenchman's feet and he netted. Edin Dzeko was also on the scorsheet after he netted a header from a good cross. Ben Arfa picked up the MOM award.

In the second game Marseille were even more impressive as they played Monaco. A tough game away from home, it was Niang's time to shine. He netted the 1st of the game, a penalty in the 5th minute after Dzeko was fouled whilst jumping for a header. The keeper stayed in the middle of the goal as Niang placed it into the right hand corner. Niang would again be involved in the second goal as he made a mazy run down the left and won a corner. From the corner Valbuena whipped it in and Diawara the CB scored a header and made thing 2-0. Diawara picked up the MOM award.

Against AS Nancy Lorraine there were no talking points for either side. A wasteful performance as both sides slumpped to a dissapointing 0-0 draw.

But in their next game at Sochaux the title challengers showed what they could do. From the left hand side of the box, Dzeko used a faint to get past his marker before winning the battle of wits with the keeper before putting it across the keeper and opening the scoring. Niang made it 2-1 when he stepped up again to convert a penalty in the 31st minute. A very good penalty as again the keeper didnt move as Niang put it in the corner. It finished 2-1 to Marseille.

Ben Arfa has thus far been impressive

- - -

Manager's player of the Month
Unable to choose this month Youssif commented, but he selected 3 players that he felt played extremely well this month. They were Edin Dzeko, Mamadou Niang and Hatem Ben Arfa.
View attachment 99056 View attachment 99057 View attachment 99058

- - -

League Table

View attachment 99060

- - -

Transfer News

Baky Kone has joined Fiorentina for a fee of £6.5million. No replacment will be bought.

Kone no more - Stated that Fiorentina saved him from '****'

- - -​

Holy ****, great transfers, how much did you get to spend?

Be afraid my man, very afraid :p haha! I had £18.75million but most of my transfers are over a period of 48 months kid. When's your next update?

I am :'(, Jeez your lucky, I got nowhere near that much. I just woke up so maybe 30 minutes?

I am :'(, Jeez your lucky, I got nowhere near that much. I just woke up so maybe 30 minutes?

How much did you get kid? This shall be interesting, I was going to head to sleep but I plan to stay up to see your update!

I got about 9.75 million, Ok it won't be long, just typing it up now for you ;)

PSG.png

Manager Article Announced

We at Paris Saint-Germain are proud to announce that new manager Nick van Aalst will be writing a monthly article on our official website to supply the fans with inside information of the month that just happened. This article is to start at the end of August, when van Aalst will post the full Pre-Season transfers, and matches to keep every PSG fan around the globe happy and up to date.

----------------------------------------------------

PSG.png

July and August

Hello to all PSG fans, I am your new manager and this is my monthly article to keep you all updated. In this article I will tell you about my transfer dealings, and our pre-season matches. My first move was to strengthen up the Left Back position, and after looking at quite a few options, I settled on Maxwell, the out of favour LB from Barcelona. Maxwell cost us 750K for a season long loan, and will hopefully be worth every penny. My second move on the same day was to get Giovani dos Santos. The young Mexican was brought in to cover for the attacking portion of the midfield, and cost us about 2.1 million for a season long loan. A day later I secured a 3rd season long loan in the form of young Brazilian striker, Dentinho. Coming to us from Corinthians he cost us 1.4 million. Then I looked to trim down our striking section and sent Mateja Kezman on loan to Marseille, (I know they're our rivals, but he should be terrible for them :)) and they owe us 475K for the season loan. At the start of August I moved to buy Anthony Annan from Rosenborg for a fee of 3.2 million, and our DM problem was solved, Annan should be the rock all season. I also looked to improve the LM area and bought Adam Hlousek to provide cover for Nene out on the left.

With those transfers our team started to look like this -
View attachment 99073View attachment 99074

In the Pre-Season matches, a tour to England was on the cards, but only after our first win over Tours, 4-0. Ludovic Guily shone in this match, scoring two and proving to me that he can definitely challenge Stephane Sessegnon for the AM position. Then to England, we won our first match vs Leicester with Dentinho performing brilliantly scoring two and almosting scoring a third in the 3-1 win. Then our first loss came to Swansea, we went down 1-0 at the Liberty Stadium. The last game of the England tour was at Swindon, a game we dominated and came out of 2-0 victors, but at a cost with dos Santos and Luyindula injured until Season Start. Before we came home, we had one more friendly in Germany, a 1-1 draw with Aue. The Pre-Season wasn't the greatest, but now we look to the Champions Trophy with Marseille, a match we need to win, for all of you!

Nice update mate and best of luck now, let the challenge begin eh :p? Maxwell should be a good signing!

PSG.png

Champions Trophy Disaster

This may well be my last update here on this site. The board's at my throat after the 3-1 loss to Marseille in the Champions Trophy. The board has made it well know, if we don't improve, and quickly, I'm out, so I'm relying on the support of you fans, and the players to keep me going. The positive from the game is the goal, after going 3-0 everyone still looked revved up and wanted to win, and the one goal showed it, but it was all too late. We got of to a slow start, and Mamadou Niange put one away in the 5th minute, Coupet had no chance when his defenders left him helpless, with Niang putting the ball in the net from 6 yards out. Maxwell seemed to take some blame for the goal, but Ceara also needs some blame as he failed to shut down the cross. Marseille continued to dominate and won themselves a corner in the 44th minute, where Diawara out jumped Sakho to head the ball home past an again helpless Coupet. Second half came, and it looked more even, and it played out fairly until the 81st minute when Jerome Rothen gave a penalty away, although it looked harsh, even the commentators agreed with me. But nothing could stop Lucho Gonzalez putting his penalty away, although Coupet did get close. In the 85th minute we pulled one back through Jallet, after some beautiful play from Dentinho, he found space on the left, and pulled it back for Jallet to hammer home. But still nothing changed as Marseille went home with the cup after a convincing 3-1 win. My MOM goes to Dentinho, who played well when everyone else didn't, he seemed never to give up, great determination!

gregory-coupet-01.jpg

Coupet almost stops the penalty, but is just out of reach.

PSG-celeb-v-Lille-Jeremy-Clement_2354409.jpg

PSG Players console each other after the match

Nick van Aalst​

Nice update mate, shame you got beat :S haha! I should have my September up by tomorrow im calling it a night :) haha!

Looks very good mate,intresting read,Keep it up:)

Status
Not open for further replies.