league 1

swfc107

Reaction score
hey, after a very poor world cup performance by england i have now turned my attention towards the new football league season. being a sheffield wednesday fan i was used too this disappointment but am strangely feeling optomistic about next season. I always knew league 1 wouldn't be easy but with norwich, leeds and millwall leaving and with us plymouth and peterborough taking there place surely it's a two horse race between us and southampton?

with our signings of gary teale, chris sedgwick, paul heffernan and neil mellor to name a few and current players such as lee grant, marcus tudgay, jermaine johnson and mark beevers do you think we'll go straight back up?

Nah Southampton and Charlton I reckon. Sheff Wed will probably get into the play-offs though.

Should go back up, but it's never that easy. still 2 months of transfers to go. You can't rule anyone out of promotion or relegation until transfers are done, and the dust is settled.

i dont think charlton are good enough personally unless they sign a few good players, huddersfield could be a suprise package.

i dont think charlton are good enough personally unless they sign a few good players, huddersfield could be a suprise package.

Charlton now linked to Liverpool, so they could get some guys from there, such as Shelvey, Nemeth, etc.

You have to remember, Leeds should have went up at the first time of asking and they didn't.

yes but leeds didn't have lee grant who was apart from harper one of the best champ keepers and tudgay, leeds sold there best players we havn't.

yes but leeds didn't have lee grant who was apart from harper one of the best champ keepers and tudgay, leeds sold there best players we havn't.

Lot of variables in this discussion. You haven't sold your best players YET. Charlton are not good enough In Your Opinion.

Top three for me -

1- Southampton
2- Charlton
3- Sheff Wed(thru Play-Off)

Jermaine Beckford. I think they had him when they went down.

yes i know it's opinion thats why it's a discussion, it's everyone's opinions you don't need to remind me ;)

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

beckford wasnt that good then, he became amazing though..

The mighty wednesday

Brilliant signings on paper hope we can get them all back from there nice training camp abroad and focus on the matter in hand i.e winning league one.
Irvine has impressed me abit with the kind of players that he has brought in the only worry is at the back.

Come on wednesday make us proud of you like we should have been with the national squad.

Mellor - top league goalscorer
OWLS 1st
Southampton - 2nd
charlton - playoff's

Last edited:
For some reason I am feeling strangely optimistic about this season :D

Dont forget Swindon and the super Charlie Austin!

Huddlesfield have in my opinion the best striker in that division in Rhodes, He is class apart. If he came from Non-lguea like Beckford and Austin he would of got so much coverage.

i think we will bounce back up with the current squad we have but will we see players leaving looks like granty is staying ! UTO !

1. sheffield wednesday
2. southampton ( top two which way round im not sure)
playoffs i reckon huddersfield are in with a shout