Learning curve challenge

blues01

Reaction score
Hi all-

I'm going to present you with a slightly unorthodox football manager challenge today, reccommended especially for those of you lacking experience of the game- I hope you enjoy! :)

Basically, the challenge is to start a new game, select England and go down to Blue Square North/South as the available leagues. Set your past experience to either Sunday League or automatic and give yourself a young age (at most 35), as it'll be a long-term game.
Choose to manage one of the worst teams available in the BSQ North/South, (shown by the media final prediction on the information screen), for example Weston-Super-Mare are predicted to finish bottom of Blue Square South.

Anyway, the name of the game is to gradually get an idea of certain tactics, training methods, teamtalks etc. that work well in different situations/conditions. Make a note of this kind of thing and talk about it on here after every season so we can pool everything we've learnt and gradually begin to understand how the FM engine works- bettering our performances. As well us this, maybe give us a season review and tips on best transfers/tactics would be great.

Have fun!

I had a game with Vauxhall Motors and won the BSN in my first season after being predicted for relegation. Got bored in my 2nd season and quit though.
These are all good BSP players who can be purchased by BSN/BSS clubs
James Gilpin
Ryan Carolan
Oliver Nicholas
Ben Hoskin
Paul Tierney
Tommy Amos
John Kennedy
Adam Boyes
Shane Williams
Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu
Patrick Rei
Harry Rubbins
Michael Ricketts
Kurt Hammonds

In terms of tactics, I find playing a rigid formation at that level is always very helpful
Hope this helps!

Ah thanks, man- i shall search for those players- cheers for your help + you won the league first season with Vauxhall Motors? Impressive

Ahh I was reading this and i would join but I am in my 10th year with MK dons do I do not really want to start again at the moment. I will let you know if i do.

this has got to be the worse challenge ever if they wanted to know about how the game works they could read the instruction book

No but like they don't tell you about special tactics or good players to buy in the instruction book- and i bought oliver nicholas and tommy amos and they were successful- so yh its not the worse challenge