Ledger or Nicholson? Who is a better Joker?

kocaelispor

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, today is the 4th anniversary of Ledger's death and I wanna hear your opinions? Who portrays a better Joker? Ledger or Nicholson?

I say Ledger, his performance is more memorable.

I like the Nicholson joker best, though i may be favouring Nicholson because he is such an amazing actor overall

I like the Nicholson joker best, though i may be favouring Nicholson because he is such an amazing actor overall

It is certain that Nicholson is not only better than Ledger as an actor, but also he is one of the best actors ever with Brando, Boghart, Pacino, Caine, Freeman, O'Toole, De Niro.

But imho, Ledger's Joker is the best one which is filmed.

The best Joker is the one in cartoons such as The Killing Joke, Long Halloween.

Wrong section XD
And Jack is better. His face is just naturally 'crazy'.

I'm not sure. What are their creativity, composure and teamwork attributes? And how much is their asking price?

Nicholson. The original is nearly always the best. Ledger was a great actor, but when I think of the Joker, I think Jack Nicholson.

On top of that, Nicholson is one of the best actors in history. I have yet to see a role he played that he hasn't excelled in. Whether he is the good guy, bad guy, or whatever, he is one of the best.

Moved to correct section. Batman has nothing to do with FM.

Well IMO Ledgers performance in the film has to be one of the best Ive seen in my life.
I also enjoyed his performances in The Patriot and A Knights Tale.Ive never read a comic in my life and I dont really plan on starting but one of my friends is a junky for all that stuff and said Ledgers performance was miles better.

I don't think there's any need to compare them. They both played the role that was needed for the film they were in. Ledger was in Nolan's realistic Batman so he played it that way whereas Nicholson played a character in a Tim Burton film.

Nicholson was naturally suited to the role of the Joker and just slotted straight into the role. Ledger had to work at it and spend many hours getting it right. Nicholson for me but Cesar Romero was the best Joker in the history of Batman.View attachment 218427

I prefer Nicholson, but they IMO the Joker's they were portraying were very different, they both played their roles wonderfully but I just prefer Nicholson, he just looked better. Idk why.. XD

Can't believe it's four years though.

EDIT: IanC, no, just no, 60's Batam was just horrible [I wasn't alive then obviously, but watching it back on ITV4 or whatever it's on].. It's camp and weird.. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that though? :p

I prefer Nicholson, but they IMO the Joker's they were portraying were very different, they both played their roles wonderfully but I just prefer Nicholson, he just looked better. Idk why.. XD

Can't believe it's four years though.

EDIT: IanC, no, just no, 60's Batam was just horrible [I wasn't alive then obviously, but watching it back on ITV4 or whatever it's on].. It's camp and weird.. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that though? :p

Aannddyy it was supposed to be like that at the time. The Villians are the best in the whole series and Romero was just excellent but the best villain was the legend Burgess Meredith as the penguin.