Phraz

Reaction score
Hello FM-Base,
I'm a long time shadow member and recently decided to sign up. I've made a couple of posts but this is my first significant one. So, here we go. ;)

I've started a Leeds game save. First season I got automatic promotion out of League 1 by finishing First. I bought in Verratti for £300k and a few free transfers and loan deals to bolster my squad. Second season I did the same. Managed to bag some decent free transfers such as David Beckham, Sylvinho and Emerson. Got Caicedo, Armand Traoré and Plessis on loan. Some good bits of business. Kept costs down but improved the squad vastly. It looked like I wasn't going to get promoted but after a spell of almost freak away form towards the end of the season I shot up from around 10th to 6th over the last 10 games, fending off Stoke and Reading. Beat Wigan over two legs and then beat Bristol City in the final to find my way in the Premier Division.

I expected first season promotion from League One but expected at least two and probably three to get out of the Championship. This would of allowed me to develop my squad and have a good chance of staying up in the Premiership. My biggest problem I found was conceding. I didn't bring in any defenders, except a £20k full-back, from League One to the Championship and I struggled. However, because we were so prolific going forward we managed to score 112 in the League despite conceding 79 in 46 league games.

Right, before this gets boring. I'm looking for advice on who to improve my team with. I've been given £32.9m to spend and £120k of available wage budget to use. I've attatched screenshots of my team and our table finishes to make it recommending players easier.

Regards,
Phraz.

First of all, get a goalkeeper.
I know, easier said then done, since good goalies are hard to come by...
First choice of the goalies that are theoretically possible for you should be Ochoa from Mexican club America, but he would probably set you back 14 million (he's worth it, though). Cheaper alternative is Silviu Lung Jr.

Defenders I would try for Addison, Mattock, Zuiverloon, who might all be in your price range. Scout some of the teams that were just relegated for some bargains as well.
On the whole, your budget should buy you some great players, and Leeds has enough stature for people to actually want to sign up.

It's always kind of tricky to ask for players in third season, since players can develop differently and prices can vary greatly.

First of all, get a goalkeeper.
I know, easier said then done, since good goalies are hard to come by...
First choice of the goalies that are theoretically possible for you should be Ochoa from Mexican club America, but he would probably set you back 14 million (he's worth it, though). Cheaper alternative is Silviu Lung Jr.

Defenders I would try for Addison, Mattock, Zuiverloon, who might all be in your price range. Scout some of the teams that were just relegated for some bargains as well.
On the whole, your budget should buy you some great players, and Leeds has enough stature for people to actually want to sign up.

It's always kind of tricky to ask for players in third season, since players can develop differently and prices can vary greatly.

I tried to Sign the likes of Otamendi and Jorgensen but as soon as I did big clubs came it and stole them. Should I get Michael Owen on a free? Also Jó is available for £4 million?

I tried to Sign the likes of Otamendi and Jorgensen but as soon as I did big clubs came it and stole them.

That's one thing I hate the most.
If you never make a bid, they play for their original clubs for years and years, but as soon as even start to scout a good players, suddenly and out of nowhere City or any other team is after him as well....

4heizc.png

Got some decent transfers. I've still managed to create a strong attacking team and weak defending once again. :S

check the transfer list every few days

im in my 3rd season with leeds

i bagged akinfeev for 7M as he put in a transfer request and got kacar for £2.3M same way

owen free transfer is a good deal, pops up when needed

good luck

Tore Regunisson is a cheaper, young and qualiy defender may cost £4 million, well worth it to, single handly got my Newcastle team promoted