Ligue 1 2010/2011 season

CorvetteC3

Reaction score
ligue1_logo_black.jpg

The French Ligue 1 will kick off the season today, being the first major league in Europe to start their new season. It should be another interesting season as Marseille look to defend their title. Due to the current financial state there haven't been many big-money signings this season and several big earners have not had their contracts extended.

My personal favorite team- Lyon has only bought Jimmy Briand for 6M euros to replace Sidney Govou who joined Panathinaikos along with Jean-Alain Boumsong. And Mathieu Bodmer joined Paris Saint-Germain leaving us with only one senior CB, our captain Cris. Claude Puel plans to use Jeremy Toulalan as a central defender with young Maxime Gonalons taking his holding role in midfield. I really hope we sign a new defender.

I intend to keep adding the fixtures and results to this thread and please feel free to write about the team you support in the league or your opinion the league itself.

Soccernet's review(ish) article on the new season

The Ligue 1 homepage

Week 1 - Saturday, August 07, 2010

AJ Auxerre - FC Lorient
RC Lens - AS Nancy Lorraine
Olympique Lyonnais - AS Monaco FC
Olympique de Marseille - SM Caen
OGC Nice - Valenciennes FC
Paris Saint-Germain - AS Saint-Etienne
Stade Rennais FC - LOSC Lille Métropole
FC Sochaux-Montbéliard - AC Arles Avignon
Toulouse FC - Stade Brestois 29

Week 1 - Sunday, August 08, 2010

Montpellier Hérault SC - Girondins de Bordeaux

The best matches to watch this weekend are probably the Lyon - Monaco and PSG - Saint-Etienne games.

Oh and of course voice your opinion on the most important matter: who's going to win the title?

Personally I think it's going to be a two-horse race between Marseille and Lyon. Hoping for Lyon to win of course.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:11 AM ----------

Results of the firs matchday:

AJ Auxerre 2 - 2 FC Lorient
RC Lens 1 - 2 AS Nancy Lorraine
Olympique Lyonnais 0 - 0 AS Monaco FC
Olympique de Marseille 1 - 2 SM Caen
OGC Nice 0 - 0 Valenciennes FC
Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 AS Saint-Etienne
Stade Rennais FC 1 - 1 LOSC Lille Métropole
FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 2 - 1 AC Arles Avignon
Toulouse FC 2 - 0 Stade Brestois 29

Lyon were repeatedly saved by goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in a high tempo game. Lyon seemed to overcomplicate things at times and the only real attacking threat was Michel Bastos. Caen's victory over reigning champions Marseille certainly counts as an upset. Coach Didier Deschamps stated before the game that he is wary of the attacking threat of the Ligue 2 champions but obviously failed to cope with it.
The biggest win of the night went to PSG who beat Saint-Etienne 3-1. New signing Nene got a goal on his debut.

The last match of the weekend will be tonight when Montpellier entertain Girondins de Bordeaux.

Week 2 - Saturday, August 14, 2010
Stade Brestois 29 - AJ Auxerre
FC Lorient - OGC Nice
AS Monaco FC Montpellier Hérault SC
AS Nancy Lorraine - Stade Rennais FC
AS Saint-Etienne - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard
Valenciennes FC - Olympique de Marseille
AC Arles Avignon - RC Lens

Week 2 - Sunday, August 15, 2010
Girondins de Bordeaux - Toulouse FC
SM Caen - Olympique Lyonnais
LOSC Lille Métropole - Paris Saint-Germain

AS the Premier league kicks off the french top division continues with the second matchday. After surprise losses to Caen and Montpellier, OM and Bordeaux will be looking to get on a winning course while Caen will aim for another big victory when they play Lyon on Sunday.

10/11 Winners
Lyon

Because they have a fanatastic team and i watched them in The Emirates Cup and they were great Bastos scored a screamer of a free kick and the had some youngster playing who was excellent.

I Will keep looking at this thread to see how Lyon do :D

Lyon winning. Gourcuff destroyes all :p

Meanwhile, if you play FM11 with Marsellie now, you'll win all because they are signing so much good FM players. Remy, Gignac, Azpilicueta .

Cmon Lyon

Lacazette for young player of the season