3. Man Utd – DWWWLWWLLW – 19 points - 10 games
4. Arsenal – WWWDWWDD – 18 points – 8 games
5. Everton – DDLWLWWDW – 14 points – 9 games
6. Tottenham – DDWWWLDD – 13 points – 8 games
7. Fulham – DWLWDDDWL – 13 points – 9 games
8. West Ham – LDWLDWWD – 12 points – 8 games
9. Aston Villa – DWWLDDWLL – 12 points – 9 games
10. Man City – WLDWLDWL – 11 points - 8 games

Although to keep up that sort of form over a season with as small a squad as ours would be tough.

We have everything in place in terms of management and owners and we've came so far since the start of the season, how much further do we need to go? Some people would say with the new FFP rules that we wont compete again until we get a new stadium and increase revenues. However I dont agree with that I dont think we are that far behind personally. I think to dominate Europe and England we'd need a new stadium but not to win no.19.

Other people say we wont catch up that much in one year which is a fair point, we'll probably need to qualify for the CL again and reap the finnancial benifits that brings. Although next season we could have no European competition and not need as strong a squad as that requires.

For optimists who have thought we could of won the title every season since the start of the Premier League era they maybe think we could catch up in the summer and make a real impact next possibly win it as optimistic as I am I have my doubts.

But is that just optimistic or could it actually happen? Do we have enough transfer funds available this summer to catch up, I feel we'd need a net spend of £40m at least to challenge for thr title but is it there? Is the Torres money still available?

Just wondering other peoples thoughts on how long it'll take for us to win no.19 realistically?

You spent the Torres money on Carroll and Suarez and Liverpool have no chance anytime soon sorry.

You could have spent the Torres money slightly wiser but if Dalglish gets the full time job then you'll be in the Top Four next season although I don't think you'll be title challengers.

There were money given for the january transfer window in the first place to find an extra striker and so yes, we do have the money for the summer window as we can see the owners really want to do their best for the club.

You spent the Torres money on Carroll and Suarez and Liverpool have no chance anytime soon sorry.

we actually only spent torres money on carrol, suarez was part of the jan budget i believe.

we actually only spent torres money on carrol, suarez was part of the jan budget i believe.

You could have got a better striker than Carroll for half the money , then you could have strengthened a wider area of your squad rather than just the forwards.

You could have got a better striker than Carroll for half the money , then you could have strengthened a wider area of your squad rather than just the forwards.
Carroll was more for the future i believe than simply a backup. But you are probably right, that fee was heavy.

If we sign the right players in the summer and get rid of the ******* ***** in the team, we should get top 4.

Sell:
Brad Jones
Martin Skrtel (love the fella but he's error prone)
Glen Johnson
Paul Konchesky
Christian Poulsen
Alberto Aquilani
Joe Cole
Maxi Rodriguez (again, like him but he's too old)
David N'gog

About 45-50M there. Then what the owners will give Kenny..

Buy:
Gregory Van Der Wiel
Michal Kadlec
Charlie Adam
Keisuke Honda
Matt Jarvis
Alex Chamberlain
Sylvain Marveaux
Kevin Gameiro
Connor Wickham

75-80M. Unrealistic, but possible and would leave us with a top 4 squad..

Reina
VanDerWiel - Carra/Kelly - Agger/Kelly - Kadlec
Lucas
Gerrard - Meireles
Jarvis --------------------- Suarez
Carroll

Bench: Gulacsi, Kyrgi, Wilson/Kelly, Adam, Honda, Marveaux, Gameiro​

Carroll was a panic buy on deadline day, we know what he will do for the side, whether it'll be worth 35M we'll have to wait and see. We need a couple of wingers definitely although January is hardly ideal to sign players.

Sell:
Brad Jones
Glen Johnson
Paul Konchesky
Christian Poulsen
Alberto Aquilani
Joe Cole
David N'gog

Buy:
Gregory Van Der Wiel
Michal Kadlec
Charlie Adam
Keisuke Honda
Matt Jarvis
Alex Chamberlain
Sylvain Marveaux
Kevin Gameiro
Connor Wickham
/QUOTE]

In my opinion the only immediate improvements to the squad will be Van Der Wiel , Honda and possibly Charlie Adam.

If we sign the right players in the summer and get rid of the ******* ***** in the team, we should get top 4.

Sell:
Brad Jones
Glen Johnson
Paul Konchesky
Christian Poulsen
Alberto Aquilani
Joe Cole
David N'gog

About 45-50M there. Then what the owners will give Kenny..

Buy:
Gregory Van Der Wiel
Michal Kadlec
Charlie Adam
Keisuke Honda
Matt Jarvis
Alex Chamberlain
Sylvain Marveaux
Kevin Gameiro
Connor Wickham

75-80M. Unrealistic, but possible and would leave us with a top 4 squad..

Reina
VanDerWiel - Carra/Kelly - Agger/Kelly - Kadlec
Lucas
Gerrard - Meireles
Jarvis --------------------- Suarez
Carroll

Bench: Gulacsi, Kyrgi, Wilson/Kelly, Adam, Honda, Marveaux, Gameiro​

Carroll was a panic buy on deadline day, we know what he will do for the side, whether it'll be worth 35M we'll have to wait and see. We need a couple of wingers definitely although January is hardly ideal to sign players.

How are you basing your opinions on these players?
Purely FM?

Anyway, we wont be title challengers for a couple of years, but when we spend big in the summer we'll be back challenging for the top 4 next year.

Sell:
Brad Jones
Glen Johnson
Paul Konchesky
Christian Poulsen
Alberto Aquilani
Joe Cole
David N'gog

Buy:
Gregory Van Der Wiel
Michal Kadlec
Charlie Adam
Keisuke Honda
Matt Jarvis
Alex Chamberlain
Sylvain Marveaux
Kevin Gameiro
Connor Wickham
/QUOTE]

In my opinion the only immediate improvements to the squad will be Van Der Wiel , Honda and possibly Charlie Adam.

We will have the full-back areas sorted, which is where we're most lacking currently. We will massively improve the depth in the centre. We will have a good proper winger in Jarvis, maybe 2 in Marveaux. Actual decent backup for Suarez in Gameiro, not that other French *****. It's all about strength in-depth. Our current first 11 is pretty good, but our bench generally consists of ******* Joe Cole, David N'gog, Christian Poulsen...

Be good signings for the long-term too as they're all pretty young, and we won't be spending massive amounts. If we don't make Europe, it'll be a big ask for Kenny and Comolli to persuade the likes of Hazard to come.

How are you basing your opinions on these players?
Purely FM?

Anyway, we wont be title challengers for a couple of years, but when we spend big in the summer we'll be back challenging for the top 4 next year.

The only one I am even slightly basing on FM is Van Der Wiel, but from what I have heard is he's a solid right-back and one of Ajax's best players. Kadlec I watch now and then for Leverkusen and he's brilliant defensively and his crossing is very good. Charlie Adam has been sensational this season and will be good to battle for a first team place with Lucas. Honda was great in the world cup. Jarvis, again been sensational this season, great deliveries into Carroll. Chamberlain is one of the brightest English prospects, as is Wickham. Marveaux looks highly likely to join, I've seen very little, never even seen him on FM though. And Gameiro is young, quick and is like 2nd top scorer in Ligue 1, great backup, no?

The only one I am even slightly basing on FM is Van Der Wiel, but from what I have heard is he's a solid right-back and one of Ajax's best players. Kadlec I watch now and then for Leverkusen and he's brilliant defensively and his crossing is very good. Charlie Adam has been sensational this season and will be good to battle for a first team place with Lucas. Honda was great in the world cup. Jarvis, again been sensational this season, great deliveries into Carroll. Chamberlain is one of the brightest English prospects, as is Wickham. Marveaux looks highly likely to join, I've seen very little, never even seen him on FM though. And Gameiro is young, quick and is like 2nd top scorer in Ligue 1, great backup, no?

I wasn't asking to criticise it was more because I've seen those players suggest alot (ones outside of the EPL), and I haven't seen anything of them, so I just wondered what your opinion on them were and how they play.

Not any time soon for me. I think Pool are getting more competitive but during their slide down both Spurs and Man City have climbed above them. Long long way to go if they want to fight for silverwere again for me.

3-4 seasons before we challenge for the league, imperitave however that we challenge competitively for the top four next season and make a huge push for it this season.

I think Liverpool could possibly reach the Top Four next season , if Kenny stays as manager.
However I don't think we'll be challenging for the title any time soon. 3-4 years and we'll be up there.

Your valuation for all those players in my opinion is way to unrealistic.
I can really only see Skrtel and Johnson leaving for decent money.

Your valuation for all those players in my opinion is way to unrealistic.
I can really only see Skrtel and Johnson leaving for decent money.

Skrtel - £6m ish
Johnson and Aquilani - £10m ish each.

Totalling around £40m.