Liverpool Vs Aston Villa

Ben

I am a biased ****.
Reaction score
VS

Venue: Anfield
Date: Monday, 6 December Kick-off: 8:00 PM
Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 1; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and Full match commentary on BBC Radio Merseyside 95.8 FM, 1485 MW and DAB; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles.

Liverpool:
Doubtful: Gerrard (hamstring)
Injured: Agger (calf), Carragher (shoulder), Spearing (ankle)

Aston Villa:
Suspended: A Young (one match)
Doubtful: Bannan (groin), Beye (ankle)
Injured/unavailable: Albrighton (appendicitis), Delph, Heskey, Petrov & Reo-Coker (all knee), Sidwell (Achilles), Weimann (ankle)

Head-to-head
• Aston Villa's only win in their last 17 league matches against Liverpool was 3-1 at Anfield last season.
• Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has lost his last two league matches against Villa - both while in charge of Fulham.

Referee: Phil Dowd
Assistant referees: Mick McDonough & Glenn Turner
Fourth official: Mark Halsey​

Will post line-ups closer to kick-off.

Last edited:
It's a match Liverpool should be winning. In their current form, Liverpool are tough at home, at least. Unfortunately with Hodgson, you can expect the unexpected, which mostly means losing or drawing games they should really be winning. If the "Hoofball" tactic makes a return, they'll surely lose or barely draw. So I don't think I need to predict the final score.

Liverpool 0-0 Aston Villa

Boring game with little or no chances and both teams trying not to lose.

1-0 Liverpool.

Villa will struggle with some of those injuries.

Liverpool 1-0 Aston Villa.

Torres to score late on. Expecting it to be a poor match tbh :(

it will need to be a cracker if it wants to beat the corrie tram crash :p

Will amaze me if either midfield touch the ball as the defences (both standing on their own 18 yard lines) hoof it to each other in the hope of catching the other on the break.

Still deciding whether or not to go tonight. Monday night, freezing, expensive, 'The Hodge', the football. Meh.

Will amaze me if either midfield touch the ball as the defences (both standing on their own 18 yard lines) hoof it to each other in the hope of catching the other on the break.

Still deciding whether or not to go tonight. Monday night, freezing, expensive, 'The Hodge', the football. Meh.

But that's what football is all about. :)

Draw at the most for Liverpool please.

Liverpool 2 - 2 Aston Villa

But that's what football is all about. :)

No, football is about turning up for a match looking forward to seeing your team play, having a few pints and some craic at the pub before and heading up those stairs already singing and looking forward to the game.

Paying £45 plus travel to turn up to watch a team set up in the antithesis of how you were brought up to think football should be played with a manager who only take his foot out of his mouth to change feet and every man and his dog on the kop knowing that he's not up to the job and responding with overwhelming apathy is not really what football is all about. :)

3-0 Liverpool, Reina hat-trick!

But seriously, 0-0. :)