LLM how do you handle finances when up to PRM and CH?

daones

Reaction score
I started with rushden and diamonds in BSP, im in my 2012-2013 season and we are in the Championship division, although I can see in the future finances being an issue because we lose money every month because our stadium capacity is 8500 and a max being upgraded to 10k.. What ive been doing so far is selling off a few good players when they get near 30, and also my board sold tom cleverley for 3.5 million.

If I get in the premiership I can imagine my wages will be much more just to contend, anyone have experience dealing with finances with a small stadium in the premiership? My only options right now are trying to win cups and selling off older players and looking for bargains.

The closest I have got is Crystal Palace in administration so it will be hard for you. No-one wants to join so you will be finding yourself looking at average Championship players.

I find it a real problem too. I do the same, look for free players and those who's contracts have expired. I also sell older players, and play loads of friendly cups before the start of the season.

I have that problem with Leeds. I got them to the top of the EPL and basically the best team in the EPL in year 2023. My salaries set by the board was 2.9 million, but they are only 1.373 right now and still lose a ton of money (around 3-4 million a month unless i win a tourney). I even got my fiances to 11th in the world, and still not able to build a new stadium. I can get mostly anyone, but some of the top prospects from top teams I can't get still. Not as hard as what you guys said, but still can't keep high wages people on my team or if I do its only for 3 years or so.

Remember you get massive TV rights for the premiership. I've finally gotten my Thurrock team from BSS to the premiership in 2019. I have a new stadium being built to seat around 15000 (up from 4500) on the way for 2021. The premiership TV rights perseason for me is around $50million p/a. The stadium costs around $25mil. In 10 years I had 20mil already by following these hints+the sale of the old stadium for 3million
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f79/llm-big-money-without-cheating-t24323.html
I had a sellout crowd at the old stadium for 5 consecutive seasons. I had to ask every year for an upgrade. Basically I didn't even need the TV rights to pay for a new stadium

So even if I was losing money on matchday - I was either breaking even or making a profit per month as I was earning $100-$200K extra from letting my reserves and u18's get their butts kicked

You have to keep generating income - make your u18's earn some $$, make your reserves earn some $$ by scheduling away fixures against premiership reserve/u18's squads.(don't schedule home you have to pay them.) You should really be looking to make a $1million profit every year. It's easier to make heaps of $$ at BSS/BSN, CC2 and cc1 levels because your wage bills should be cheap. With preseason cups and shecduling fistures for u18's and reserves I was making 2-3million per season. By the time I got the championship I had close to $25mil. The 2 seasons I was in the championship I made a loss but I had do much $$ it was easy to get through it

Loaning players out - make the bidding teams pay 100% of the wages as well. If you can get away with it make them pay an upfront fee. I didn't bother with training facility upgrades and youth facility upgrades. It's just not worth it.

Last edited:
My situation was a little different. I was losing money every month all the way from BSN til L1 until they finally decided to build me a new stadium. With my previous stadium only 2500, my new stadium is 10k, I started making money in CCC, even though it is not much, probably 10k or so a month. When I reached premier league, suddenly I am flooded with money.

I also don't spend on any players. My top signing til CCC was like 27k. I use the transfer budgets mostly for contract renewals, and I try to get free signings.

I upgraded my stadium to around 13k and in the premier league I get close to 1mil a month. And 48 mil from TV revenues. That is more than enough to keep me afloat.