London 2012 Olympics

Will the 2012 olympics be better than the 2008 olympics?

• Total voters

ecfc2810

Reaction score
ok has anyone got any hopes or opinions about what the London 2012 olympics will be like

I visited the site on Tuesday on a school trip the site looked quite good but not as good as I hoped

location: Stratford a piece of sh*t the Olympic site is surounded by grafeti, tower blocks ect

Olympic village: it looks good and is vey green

stadium: holds 25,000 with tempory 55,000 extra bringing total to 80,000 in the games,
It looked good

press centre: holds 20,000 basically a corrugated steel shed

hockey arena: just started

basketball arena: holds 12,000 but is only tempory, it will be reconstructed some where else after the games looks good except plastic panel sides

aquatics centre: looks like a stingray, holds 17,000

Velodrome: 12,000 seat arena which is curved like the track it's like a upside down pringle so the water can be collected and used for toliets, watering the grass ect

handball arena: another upside down pringle shape, holds 7,000

other venues eg football wembely/old Trafford, sailing Weymouth

I think the olympics will be very modern and stylish but in a run down area it is a huge site which is will be built soon

also there is no visitor car park because evryome has to use public transport

Post your opinions/hopes for the 2012 London olympics

http://www.london2012.com/
http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?si...&fsdt=4555&q=london+2012+aquatics+centre#i=27
http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?si...&fkt=2438&fsdt=7626&q=london+2012+stadium#i=1
http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?si...kt=582&fsdt=4785&q=london+2012+velodrome#i=23
http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?si...t0&fkt=669&fsdt=28145&q=london+2012+site#i=10

Last edited:
Hopefully, I will be able to see some Sailing in Weymouth :)

i`m just glad its here for braggin rights :)
rather it be here than say Brazil, Germany or USA :mad:

so lets just be glad its un the uk :)

I can't wait for 2012 but I live on the wrong end of London, it will be great to go and watch. I just want to watch the cycling really, its exciting stuff.

Live quite close to Stratford so can watch most of the sports live but will propably just watch it on tv. Waste of money in my opinion the olympics is. They can't show any evidence they will recoup the mony spent and the stadiums will only be used once or twice a year after 2012 unless west ham take over the olympic stadium

Live quite close to Stratford so can watch most of the sports live but will propably just watch it on tv. Waste of money in my opinion the olympics is. They can't show any evidence they will recoup the mony spent and the stadiums will only be used once or twice a year after 2012 unless west ham take over the olympic stadium

They hope to use the venues for sports, concerts and to offer facilities to the local area
tbh there is 7.7 mil tickets but they will be very expensive especially for the big events

They hope to use the venues for sports, concerts and to offer facilities to the local area
tbh there is 7.7 mil tickets but they will be very expensive especially for the big events

Yep the opening ceremony is 1k a ticket it sed on BBC News a while back same with the closing ceremony they got it confirmed by someone from LOCOG

I want to see the cycling in the velodrome, I'm not really bothered about the athletics

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:56 PM ----------

I would watch the opening ceromony on tv but not for 1k

I'm planning on seeing as much as I can tbh.

By the way, how sexy is the aquatics centre :wub:

i`m just glad its here for braggin rights :)
rather it be here than say Brazil, Germany or USA :mad:

so lets just be glad its un the uk :)

Brazil have the 2016 olympics

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

I'm planning on seeing as much as I can tbh.

By the way, how sexy is the aquatics centre :wub:

Yeah, why can't the whole site be like that :(

Might fly over to see some if i can. Hopefully it isnt fail. Would like to see some running maybe 200m.

I think the gold medals table will be

China 48
USA 39
UK 25
Russia 18

World Cup > Olympics but this is still pretty cool :)

And to be honest the last 3 Olympics have sucked so ours should be pretty sweet

They will never beat what the chinese did for the 2008 olympics

They will never beat what the chinese did for the 2008 olympics

Everyone bases everything about the olympics on the Opening and Closing ceremony so what if ours wont be the same as the Chinese we might end up with a better medal haul or something out of the blue making it better

no.

How can you beat that opening ceremony of 2008? Drive a bus with David Beckham in?

Everyone bases everything about the olympics on the Opening and Closing ceremony so what if ours wont be the same as the Chinese we might end up with a better medal haul or something out of the blue making it better

I'm not just talking about the opening ceremony, what about all the venues, they were just spectacualr