Backhander72

Reaction score
Just wondering what the best way to conduct a team talk in general..should it be calm, assertive...and which tends to get the most positive reaction from players. Thanks
Managing Crotone on FM2018... best tactics for such a team btw? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

I think tone can have an effect on the way players react with teamtalks, if you use it to add more weight to what you say.
I find, if I need to motivate my team against a stronger opposition, Passionate works best, then Show me what you can do or Do It for the Fans - wouldn't have the same effect if I use a 'calm' tone.

in fact I rarely use calm, and I am top of the league by 12 points with 10 left to play, and still it's passionate or assertive pre-match, half-time depending on the game and how it stands - could be anything from assertive to aggressive - and post-match a pat on the back (passionate) or a growling (aggressive) .

My standard go-to would be Assertive whole team - show me what you can do/we are favourites/ keep good run going and then Passionate through the positions - I have faith.

I think tone can have an effect on the way players react with teamtalks, if you use it to add more weight to what you say.
I find, if I need to motivate my team against a stronger opposition, Passionate works best, then Show me what you can do or Do It for the Fans - wouldn't have the same effect if I use a 'calm' tone.

in fact I rarely use calm, and I am top of the league by 12 points with 10 left to play, and still it's passionate or assertive pre-match, half-time depending on the game and how it stands - could be anything from assertive to aggressive - and post-match a pat on the back (passionate) or a growling (aggressive) .

My standard go-to would be Assertive whole team - show me what you can do/we are favourites/ keep good run going and then Passionate through the positions - I have faith.
Yeah, I meant obviously tone has an influence, but the reaction itself isn't decided by tone. If "have faith" motivates players, it's always going to motivate them, in any tone.

Likewise, telling the team you're "pleased" is always going to raise confidence and morale, in any tone. If I'm cautiously praising them, it'll just be a lot less of an increase than passionately singing their praises.

So the reaction doesn't change, just basically the magnitude.