Chris

Who needs Ba; we got Best
Reaction score
headerll.jpg

Love thy Neighbour, Love thy Ranger​

qprvforest414956.jpg
Will QPR enjoy success under new management?

QPR are a team well known for questionable decisions regarding management and today they have announced that they have parted company with Neil Warnock, reportedly over a dispute regarding signings made behind his back.

Warnock told 'The Guardian' that he was disappointed with the lack of funding he had been given and that he felt the owners had made promises which had not been kept. Now, QPR, just two months away from kick off against Leicester City, have to find a new boss.

'A chance for someone fresh.' That was how latest Chairman Ishan Saksena described his decision to part company with the Loftus Road favourite. 'We, as a board, have every right to do what we did and claims from Mr. Warnock about signings are slanderous, offensive and incorrect. If he wanted to complain, he should have come direct to us, not the media.'

This leaves the Championship side, once again, lacking stability to make a convincing push for promotion, despite boasting one of the strongest sides in the league. Players like Adel Taarabt and Ákos Buzsáky are waiting to lead the promotion charge for the 2010/11 season. With the squad looking better than it has in years, all QPR need is a manager.

Kylo and I have used Chris22's post data lock update with no PA/CA changes, just transfers. We are both on the 11.3 patch. This update is just to set the scene and our updates will have more depth and quality than this! Thanks for following, Chris and Kylo.

Last edited:
Nice OP, good luck with it. Have a peak at my story when u can.

Thanks.

looks good chris

back into football manager now ;)

looks like this may go down as a great if this carries on ! ;)

headerll.jpg

Chris Turner Announced as New QPR Boss

neilwarncock1591729c.jpg

Warnock was replaced by Chris Turner just last week

It was not a choice favoured by many at Loftus Road but Saksena went ahead with giving former Newcastle U18's boss Chris Turner the task of managing QPR, earlier today. Turner will be expected to push on for a promotion place as QPR look to break into the Premier League for the first time since relegation in the 1995-96 season. It will be quite a challenge for a man who has never managed professionally before but Turner is confident in his ability to push the likes of Leicester, Burnley and Swansea all the way.

'Right now, this is a club that is in desperate need of some stability. The board must keep faith in me, even if things aren't going so well. The club has a lot of depth but seem to be lacking in morale and squad harmony. That will change under me.'

With Turner already ruling out a Summer spending spree, QPR will be hoping that their current squad, filled with talent yet lacking determination, can see them into England's top division come May. However, it is clear that there is a sense of discontent around the camp at QPR, with right back Bradley Orr cynical about a lack of leadership around the club. Turner has already decided that Orr will leave during the transfer window.

'I haven't been at the club for five minutes, let alone held a training session and already players are refusing to play under my management. This club has no place for these types of players and both the board and I shall be dealing with these players in a firm manner.'

So, what can Chris Turner bring to QPR that previous managers have lacked? The former Newcastle man has a clear sense of what should happen at the club and is determined to let no-one get in the way of what could be a crucial season for the Hoops. Turner has already singled out key players in Buzsáky, Taarabt and Routledge and has made it clear in no uncertain terms that their future lies under his management.

If there was a single season where QPR looked most likely to return to the Premier League after a 15 year wait, it would be this one. With a team in vital need of a figurehead to push them further, first impressions are a very positive one for Chris Turner. However, will his lack of experience end in disaster? In two months, we shall find out.

Last edited:
This one looks like a good'en! well written! and detail is awesome! good pictures! :) keep this up bud and you will have a follower :)

Thanks very much to everyone who has posted, we both appreciate your support hugely.

Kylo will be posting his update a little later, so I am definitely looking forward to that!

As for my layout, any improvements/suggestions? :) Once again, thanks!

Lush confirmed as manager

Lush confirmed as manager

QPR-Neil-Warnock+cropped

London born manager James Lush has been unveiled as the successor to recently sacked Neil Warnock at the helm of Queens Park Rangers the board announced today. Only a few days after Neil Warnock’s fate was decided, the QPR board have rushed to sign what they describe as ‘a young, local, talented manager’ on a 2 year deal. The R’s fan base waited nervously as the club gave little or nothing away as to who was approached during the role, with reports suggesting Terry Venables and Alan Curbishley as to take the vacant position, with new manager Lush not even on the books.

Lush, 25, has been in and out of English coaching for the past few years, having travelled around various lower league clubs such as Swindon to fill different roles and gain valuable experience. The QPR board are said to have great belief in Lush, who they had approached as a coach not so long ago. However, not everyone around Loftus Road are confident with such a young manager being put in place. QPR fans and legends have expressed their concern towards the board and owners for having not considered the high pressure that comes with the club, as they don’t want to see yet another manager struggle to lift the club.

Of course, Lush’s press conference was the focus of today, as he was bombarded with questions by the press, his official statement included ‘I am delighted to work with QPR, not only are they a massive club, but they are a club with a fantastic set up of staff, not to mention an amazing bunch of talented players who I am looking forward to working with. I’d like to thank the fans for welcoming me here, and to those who will no doubt question me at this early stage, I ensure you that I have belief in myself to do the job that the previous managers haven’t, and with a squad as brilliant as this, I feel my objectives are achievable.'

Lush has also stated that ‘with a new season, comes new approaches. New transfers, new tactics and new coverage of the games will be announced soon'. A possible sign of the new match highlights that will be offered to fans online for each game.

So the only thing for the QPR fans to do now is wait. Lush will first be tested against Bristol City, but before that, he will have to battle to keep the club’s best players such as Adel Taarabt, and battle some more to sign new talents for the club with a budget that any championship manager would love. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Excellent update James. :)

Love the Warnock picture and the detail is superb!

Just noticed this guys. Glad to see you both back and I am sure I will enjoy this :D

headerll.jpg

David Edwards 'Only Signing' for QPR

article0046487b7000005d.jpg

Edwards (right) could be key with his Premier League experience

Chris Turner has today announced the signing of David Edwards on loan from Wolves for the entire season. The midfielder also has a £1,000,000 fee if QPR want to sign him on a permanent deal. Turner has expressed his 'delight' at the capture of Edwards, particularly because of his experience in the Championship and in the Premier League.

'With David we have a player who has an eye for a pass, can hit a great shot and puts his shift in for the team, whatever is going on around him.' Turner was particularly impressed with the former Luton man's attitude; 'He is one of the most determined players I have come across. He always wants to win and is exactly the type of player that we need to secure promotion this season.'

Edwards will go straight into the side and contest a place with the likes of Buzsáky, Faurlin and Taarabt. Whether Edwards will have the necessary impact, only he knows but his inconsistent form could affect his determined attitude. But, with his experience, Edwards will be a key figure around Loftus Road this season.

Elsewhere, Bradley Orr has left the club on loan to Stoke City and could sign a permanent transfer at any time. Orr has already voiced his concerns over Turner's lack of experience and the rookie manager has kept his promise of letting Orr leave.

QPR - Leading the way for Controlling Football
Thursday 5th August, 2010

qpr114getty978226c.jpg

QPR are a team destined for big things in English football and there is no doubting a steady flow of cash has contributed enormously to the clubs rise in fortunes over the past couple of seasons. After finishing 13th last season, there was an element of disappointment around Loftus Road. The owners took action at the start of June, asking Warnock to leave his position as manager after claims that the board 'made promises that were not kept.' Now, with Chris Turner at the helm, the new boss has given QPR a unique brand of controlling football, his team scoring 27 goals in just six pre-season friendlies. We are going to show you how QPR can lead the way for possession football.

linfieldvqpranalysisana.png

Absolute domination; QPR's 11-0 thrashing of Linfield was a fine example of Turner's style

The other week, QPR recorded an emphatic 11-0 win over Northern Irish side, Linfield. Despite a great margin in ability, QPR player Linfield out of the park, completing 82% of their passes and gaining 61% possession. There is no doubting that 4-2-3-1 is the formation for QPR and it really showed in every friendly that the London side played, never once having less possession that the opposition. This statistic is even more remarkable considering they often played their youth side. With the team playing their best football right from the back, Turner's squad seem to have the patience not often seen by Championship sides, as well as the ability to put the ball in the back of the net at the end of the move.

darlingtonvqpranalysisa.png

One example of how QPR's midfield controlled the game is David Edwards in the final friendly match, a 6-1 demolition against Darlington. Despite it being Edwards' first game for the club, he completed 21 of his 24 passes, also bagging himself an assist. He knocked the ball around beautifully for the 65 minutes he played and was key in the victory. The man on loan from Wolves kept his head and guided the team along. It paid off in great style, with QPR once again brilliantly clinical.

To conclude a relatively short article, QPR look like one of the teams to watch this season and we could see plenty of goals from Turner's men. If there is one thing they will take away from their five pre-season games, it is that they are the most clinical side in England with a goal average of just over 5 every match. The London side have played some beautiful possession football and play their best football down the left. With a strong backbone, it would certainly not be foolish to say it would be no surprise if they ended their 15 year spell away from the Premier League come May.

queensparkrangersqprfix.png

Great updates guys, superb story will follow as much as I can keep this up ;)

Great update and it looks like you have a **** of a solid tactic there Chris. Looking forward to seeing more from Kylo :)

Hey everyone!

I'll be updating tomorrow afternoon, as i've had a very busy day today.. This update will include some big name signings, huge tactical changes, aswell as the first few fixtures of my QPR career.

Hope you guys are looking forward to it, it won't be one to miss! :)

Nice! Will be following. Good luck to the both of you ;)