Will1981

Reaction score
This is the follow up to my Blue Square North/South to Champions League challenge from last year much many of us including me took part in but none of us were successful.

The Challenge

Take a team of your choice from the lowest league of there respected country all the way to the top division and finally on to Champions League Glory.

Rules

1. Please only use the official Football Manager 2014 databases with no custom databases enabled.

2. Please set your past managerial experience to Automatic/Sunday League Footballer.

3. Please do not cheat in any way as you are only cheating yourself and will not get much of a sense of achievement if you complete the challenge by cheating.

Updates and Screenshots

At the End of each season could you please fill out the following template and post the following screenshots.

Team:
Season:
League:
Final Position:
Cups:
Average Attendance:
Biggest Win:
Biggest Defeat:
Top Goalscorer:
Most Assists:
Highest Average Rating:
Fans Player of the Year:

Screenshots.
Final League Table
Season Transfers
Season Best XI

Good Luck and Enjoy the Challenge...

Last edited:
Gonna play as my local team Truro. Cant wait to see them in the draw for the Champions League!

A couple of guys are going with Truro already so I'm going to give them ago too. :p

Im going to be Colwyn Bay. Welsh Team someones got to do it. Cardiff and swansea have no chance!!!

Guys, I'm gonna join in with this too. I'm playing as Gainsborough Trinity, I started it this morning and have managed to get to January and in the playoffs but anyway, will make sure I get screen shots and keep ya posted

It seems loads of us are going with Truro. I've got just a couple of games left in the season and promotion is looking very likely. Will upload the screen shots and things later on

Will try this with San Marino as I did on FM 11 (providing they are still at the bottom of the Italian league haven't checked.)

Team: Truro City
Season: 2011/12
League: Blue Square Bet South
Final Position: 3rd
Cups: FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 4th Round
Average Attendance: 618
Biggest Win: 4-0 v Thurrock
Biggest Defeat: 1-5 v Eastleigh
Top Goalscorer: Pablo Counago 35
Most Assists: Pablo Counago 13
Highest Average Rating: Pablo Counago 7.41
Fans Player of the Year: Pablo Counago
View attachment 199019View attachment 199021View attachment 199022

I will do this again this year with Blyth Spartans. Got them into the Premier League last year before I lost the game due to a crash dump :(.

Transfer budget of 3k to gain promotion.

Forza Hellas

Started as Basingstoke. Delano Sam-Yorke is looking sharp! :)

I'm doing this as Dartford, 2nd after 13 games, 1 point behind Salisbury in 1st so it's looking good.:) I seem to be the only person here who didn't sign Counago? I tried but I also have the Spanish leagues on and he decided to join Badalona instead of me. I did however get Gary Wales and him and Charlie Sheringham upfront are beastly.:) The board also agreed to upgrade the youth facilities so it's looking good for the future.

C'mon The Darts!!!;)

I believe Vauxhall Motors is the worst team in the English leagues again? They are in the demo but my copy of FM2012 is late arriving :S. Anyways, I'm likely to have Vauxhall. On FM2011 I managed to get them up a division every 2 seasons, hopefully I can match that on this years game. My aim...although unlikely...is to lift the Champions League within a decade.

1 big disadvantage this year though is the restrictions added on who you can play friendlies against (no more garnering money from New Zealand in the lower leagues). I'll have to rely on clawing my way to the FA Trophy final to get wembley receipts.

Anybody taken on a team worse than Vauxhall?