Advice on Creating a Good Counter Attacking Tactic

donkarlito

Reaction score
Hi all

Right Im looking so some advice on creating a good counter attacking tactic that can be used for big or small teams.

Currently my Chelsea and I don't think my team is good enough yet to be playing my possession tactic (thanks to Raikan007) plus I think having a plan B that is a completely different approach isnt a bad thing.

The formation Im thinking of is a 4-2-3-1 deep simply because this formation I can get my best players in their natural positions what I want is possible is to be able to form to banks of 4 and short passing if possible if not fair do's

Team Instructions
Philosophy = Rigid would help shape of team and make it harden to break down I think, or Fluid to split the team into groups of 5 one group focus on defending the other on attack this would make the attacks little more unpredictable then Rigid.

Freedom -This I am not sure on

Passing - I would like short passing but if More direct works better so it down to what people say I think someone might have had good experience with short passing I dont know

Pressing - Stand-off helps invites more pressure making it easier to counter a have a higher chance of success. More Pressing win the ball higher up the pitch and launch a counter in the final third. Default helps keep shape and my win the ball higher up the pitch ??

Tackling - More Aggressive go to ground and challenge for the ball more. More cautious stay on your feet make it harder for the opposition to get past. Default bit of both

Marking & Roaming - Dont know what would best

D-line - Deep I would imagine
Width - Narrow I think would be best
Tempo - Quick as possible

Now is down the flanks better or mixed?

Because I would like to form to banks of 4 so Wingers in Support and the one man upfront would be Advance FWD (Torres) Target man attack ? (Lukaku)

Any advice would be helpful thanks