Macclesfield Town | The Second Time

Winters

Reaction score

After doing a Macclesfield Town story on Football Manager 2011, I have decided to have another go on this one. I believe I can do better this time around than last time as I know this time what to do with the players and how to get the best out of them.

Updates will be each month in a new setup which I will be using for the first time. Player and manager of the month will be shown even if anyone from the club is not a winner.

678.png

Club Information

Nickname: The Silkmen
Average Ticket Price: £14.00
Average Season Ticket Price: £230
Season Ticket Holders: 850
Media Prediction: 21st

---

Facilities

Stadium: The Moss Rose
Capacity: 5988 (2599 seated)
Pitch Condition: Very Good
Corporate Facilities: Average
Training Facilities: Good
Youth Facilities: Basic
Junior Coaching: Basic
Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Last edited:
If anyone wants to see anything adding to this story, please let me know below or PM me.

Macc_PreSeason.jpg

With the season fast approaching we needed to get some Pre Season fixtures in to get the team working together and to assess each player and work on their flaws. The Pre Season went pretty well in my view, a few good wins and a wonderful draw.

Pre_Fix.png

Starting with a match against our reserves and youth team mixed together. Was a good match to watch but obviously the class of my first team cme through and won comfortably 3-1.

Now for the wonderful draw..We DREW with Liverpool Reserves 2-2. A wonderful game for us to have Pre Season and to draw, well that put the icing on the cake. Liverpool Reserves take the lead through a Nathan Eccleston goal on 14 minutes but we equalize 23 minutes later with a strike from Matthew Hamshaw. The game was evenly balanced up to the 86th minute where lowly Macclesfield Town take the lead through Ben Tomlinson. I thought the match was won but oh no Michael Ngoo scored 1 minute later to level the match and thats how it finished. Brilliant match which we could have won.

Next is a brilliant win against Huddersfield Town. Jon Parkin got both goals for Huddersfield Town but goals from Ben Tomlinson, Lewis Chalmers and Tom Fisher sealed a memorable win for us.

Poor game against Sheffield Wednesday followed as we were outplayed everywhere. Ben Tomlinson again with the only goal for us but goals from Rob Jones, David McGoldrick and Chris Sedgwick won it for the Owls.

Stoke Reserves were next and goals from Ben Tomlinson (AGAIN) and Tom Fisher won it for my side even though Stoke Reserved took the lead through Ryan Brunt.

The last 3 games were walk overs except the game against Linfield which was a good game and deserved to be drawn 2-2.

-----

Next update will be the August fixtures, table and transfers in and out of the club. Also added in the update will be the manager, player, youth player of the month along with goal of the month (video).