Maicon vs Alves

Average Joe

Reaction score
So Brazil have the two best RB's in the world in Douglas Maicon and Dani Alves.

Who do you believe is better, and who will be used in the World Cup?

Maicon is more consistent. Hes stronger and quicker, also better defensively. Dani Alves probably has a better delivery though.

Maicon is the first choice under Dunga, might play Dani Alves on the left though?

I remember watching Alves not long long before he moved from Sevilla to barca, the bloke was everywhere!!

Maicon has a height advantage by about 4 inches i think aswell, Dunga does seem to prefer Maicon

Maicon is definitely not quicker than Alves. He is stronger though, and taller which gives him the edge physically.

I prefer Maicon, but they're both superb.

Have you seen Maicon running? He was easily tracking Robben in the Champions League final.

Alves can play left back too so they might both play. If i had to choose though id pick Alves,i remember him destroying Boro in the UEFA cup final.

Maicon surely Alves wastes so many Barca attacks with his pointless shots from long range and crosses going far far away from the destination ...

Maicon surely Alves wastes so many Barca attacks with his pointless shots from long range and crosses going far far away from the destination ...

Does he? everyime I see Barca hes one of the focal points of the attack

Maicon has been Dunga's first choice throughout his stint as Manager, that won't change now, you can't deny Alves's quality though, brilliant player.

Maicon is better in my personal opinion, I have noticed Alves doing silly things with the ball when Barca have been losing recently

Don't see them playing Alves at left-back as he has a habit of playing a winger at left back to increase the attacking options further, usually either Gomis or Andre Santos.

He'll stick with Maicon because of his physicallity, but to have those options is incredible.

Alves looks like a bat.

So him.

Funny that everyone has opted for Maicon. He is better than Alves. SImples.

Defensively: Maicon is way better
Attacking: Both are equal, but still i prefer Maicon here too.

It's a hard 1 coz they're 2 very similar players but Maicon would get the nod from jus because of his decision makin & physically being stronger and quicker than alves. he is also more consistent

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Bastos the Lyon striker to play left back

Yep, Michel Bastos will be playing on the left back, probably. But Maicon is better imo

Maicon for me all day long. I have always thought Alves weak defending and sometimes his crossing is woeful

Maicon for me all day long. I have always thought Alves weak defending and sometimes his crossing is woeful
yeah his crossing can be hit and miss at times

brazil have a nack of producing attacking fullbacks , roberto carlos and cafu were all wingers when they were young but brazil seem to conjure them to play defence. so it is for maicon and alves and even marcelo and bastos .

RB : Maicon>Alves LB : Marcelo>Alves>Bastos.

I think Maicon is better than D.Alves defensively and you could also say attacking wise as Maicon scores his fair share of goals. D.Alves' crossing is a bit here and there sometimes it can be the best cross you want or it can be in row z either way I think Maicon is better.

I've got a good question, who's got the better engine going up and down the pitch?