Man City 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 wide

• Thread starter Thread starter Yuzo jr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 23K
Y

Yuzo jr

Hello i was wondering if anyone has figured out how to almost perfectly emulate man city tactics from real life into the game, i can give player roles and team instructions for its the only thing i understand but i can not emulate their real life quick precise passing, high attacking football with lots of possession and shots on targets as well as pass completion and percentage, and good defense, almost barca like but with a much higher tempo and with their thrashing of man utd as of late i am hoping there are many otheres like me who are just eager to emulate their truly beautiful real life play, here is what i can give,
joe hart - gk(defend),
richards - fb(attack), kompany - central defender(stopper), lescott - central defender (cover) Clichy - fb(support)
yaya toure - box to box midfielder(support), barry - ball winning midfielder(defend)
Silva - adv playmaker(attack) Aguero - trequartista(attack) Nasri-insforw(supp)
BALOTELLI - comp forward(attack)
as for the 433 wide there is no trequartista and instead another supporting box to box midfielder is added on the left central midfielde slot and the wingers moved higher up the pitch

here are some ideas i have on the player instructions..richards is obviously more attacking than clichy,sort of like dani alves he is always supplementing the attack, lescott is reluctant to leave his role leaving kompany with the choice of sometimes charging forward,, yaya toure is attack minded as compared to barry who rarely goes forward,,silva i should say is just out of the ordinary..he is the soul of the team..aguero occupying a sort of second striker role or fake 9 role, and nasri a slight bit less attack minded as compared to silva..he provides more assissts than score,as seen from this season..and the striker who sometimes drops a bit deep.

As for team instructions i know it is an attacking strategy, not sure if fluid or very fluid, but with shorter passing, very high tempo, narrowish football, very rare time wasting, no offside play, aggressive, more roaming..thats all i know. so please help so we can make this tactic and enjoy man city to its fullest in the game

Hello,
I'm trying to develop a real city tactic too, but I also have some problem. I set a 4-2-3-1 with Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Toure, Barry, Silva, Aguero, Nasri, Dzeko.
CBs and Clichy are ok, but Richards not. I give him duty as FullBAck attack but in FM 2012 I think he hasn't got right values to do this role. It's quick, good strenght but very poor in crosses and passing to do a fullback who play across all the right-side. So this is 1st problem for me.
Gareth Barry is a central midfielder with defense duty, Toure a box to box player.
Aguero and Nasri both inside forward with move into space and attack duty the former, support the latter.
Dzeko is advanced forward with no RFD.
Second big problem is Silva. This player has got a lot of creativity, and is the true playmaker of the squad. I use it as AMR, with Advanced Playmaker duty, cuts inside, roaming from position, TTB often, RWB sometimes; obviously set him as playmaker. But he doesn't play well, he doesn't manage the play as in real life. It seems that his position not in the centre of field damage his involving in match.

k so i think we can work together to make this work, as soon as we make the 4-2-3-1 the 4-3-3 wont be a problem..1st, dont u think that aguero is better suited as a trequartista as it is clear that he carries on the fake 9 role with move into channels, nasri should have cut inside and i think that the amr and aml should have the option of changing positions from time to time, the striker as well i think is set to a complete forward role in real life..and could i as well know your team instructions, please reply as ii do believe we can as well sort out the micah richards and silva problem together

Hi all. I've try 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2 formations, and It shows very good result, even face the strong opponent, such MU, Arsenal Chelsea and Internazionale Milan. and also with big score margin in away match. (facing MU 1-4 in Theater of Dream, Chelsea 1-5 in Stamford Bridge, Arsenal 1-3, Spurs 1-6, Intermilan 1-5, Liverpool 1-2).

Now, my ManCity lies in 1st place with no Lose and Draw. 22 matches already played.

4-2-3-1
Kiper
Joe Hart (SK) - Support

Defender
Micah Richard/ Savic : RWB - Support
Clichy/ Kolarov/ Zabaleta : LWB - Support
Kompany/ Lescott/ Enohu: DC - Stopper & Cover

Midfielder
Yaya Toure/ Silva/ Milner : Box to Box - Support
de Jong/ Barry/ Lorenzo Crisetig (this player is new transfer from me) : Ball Winning - Defend

Winger
Silva/ Adam Johnson/ Balotelly/ Tevez : Left Inside Forward - Attack
Nasri/ Balotelly/ Milner : Right Inside Forward - Attack

Aguero/ Silva/ Douglas Costa (this player is new transfer from me) : Center Trequartista - Support, and sometimes changed it to Inside Forward - Attack, if you need total Attack

Forward:
Tevez/ Aguero/ Dzeko/ Balotelli: Poacher - Attack

If you Using 4-2-2-2

Kiper, Defender Midfielder & Winger are same position and duty, you just need to moved your Triquartista or AM become striker
Tevez/ Balotelli: Poacher - Attack
Aguero/ Edin Dzeko: Complete Forward - Attack

TEAM INSTRUCTION
If you use these formation, you need to instruct your player to Attack during match.
Phylosofy:
4-2-3-1 : Fluid ; 4-2-2-2 : Very Fluid
Strategy:
Both are Attacking

Passing Style: More Direct
Creative Freedom: More Expressive
Closing Down: Press More
Roaming: More Roaming (for defenders, change it to stick to position at player instruction)
Offside mark: No
Counter Attack: Yes
Tempo: Quick

Touchline Instruction (if you need quick goal) :
- Push Up Higher
- Get Ball Forward
- Hassle Opponent.

Consideration:
You need Fausto Salsano as Attacking Coach and Bruno Demichelis as Fitness Coach. I have 2 coach with world class reputation and 2 with continental reputation in fitness.

Fausto Salsano is good to advice strategy and Bryan Kidd is good to give pep talk

You'll be amazed with the scoreline if using these tactics, and you will see your players dominate the match. most of it, I often see the ball possession reach at 63% to 73% with amount of shoot mostly double digit.

WARNING:
If you use these tactics, do not try to lower your tempo or playing safe such as using phylosophy Balanced or standard. It will kills you... :-) These tactics made to total attack. Thats why you need world class physical coach, because using these tactics will make your players vulnerable to fatigue.

Cheers
Jo

lol

Hi all. I've try 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2 formations, and It shows very good result, even face the strong opponent, such MU, Arsenal Chelsea and Internazionale Milan. and also with big score margin in away match. (facing MU 1-4 in Theater of Dream, Chelsea 1-5 in Stamford Bridge, Arsenal 1-3, Spurs 1-6, Intermilan 1-5, Liverpool 1-2). Now, my ManCity lies in 1st place with no Lose and Draw. 22 matches already played. 4-2-3-1 Kiper Joe Hart (SK) - Support Defender Micah Richard/ Savic : RWB - Support Clichy/ Kolarov/ Zabaleta : LWB - Support Kompany/ Lescott/ Enohu: DC - Stopper & Cover Midfielder Yaya Toure/ Silva/ Milner : Box to Box - Support de Jong/ Barry/ Lorenzo Crisetig (this player is new transfer from me) : Ball Winning - Defend Winger Silva/ Adam Johnson/ Balotelly/ Tevez : Left Inside Forward - Attack Nasri/ Balotelly/ Milner : Right Inside Forward - Attack Aguero/ Silva/ Douglas Costa (this player is new transfer from me) : Center Trequartista - Support, and sometimes changed it to Inside Forward - Attack, if you need total Attack Forward: Tevez/ Aguero/ Dzeko/ Balotelli: Poacher - Attack If you Using 4-2-2-2 Kiper, Defender Midfielder & Winger are same position and duty, you just need to moved your Triquartista or AM become striker Tevez/ Balotelli: Poacher - Attack Aguero/ Edin Dzeko: Complete Forward - Attack TEAM INSTRUCTION If you use these formation, you need to instruct your player to Attack during match. Phylosofy: 4-2-3-1 : Fluid ; 4-2-2-2 : Very Fluid Strategy: Both are Attacking Passing Style: More Direct Creative Freedom: More Expressive Closing Down: Press More Roaming: More Roaming (for defenders, change it to stick to position at player instruction) Offside mark: No Counter Attack: Yes Tempo: Quick Touchline Instruction (if you need quick goal) : - Push Up Higher - Get Ball Forward - Hassle Opponent. Consideration: You need Fausto Salsano as Attacking Coach and Bruno Demichelis as Fitness Coach. I have 2 coach with world class reputation and 2 with continental reputation in fitness. Fausto Salsano is good to advice strategy and Bryan Kidd is good to give pep talk You'll be amazed with the scoreline if using these tactics, and you will see your players dominate the match. most of it, I often see the ball possession reach at 63% to 73% with amount of shoot mostly double digit. WARNING: If you use these tactics, do not try to lower your tempo or playing safe such as using phylosophy Balanced or standard. It will kills you... :-) These tactics made to total attack. Thats why you need world class physical coach, because using these tactics will make your players vulnerable to fatigue. Cheers Jo
what marking? man or zonal? are there any other tweaks on the player instructions? pitch size? opposition instructions? what shouts do you issue before a match?

Back