17:15 Kick Off
ITV 1

QbK3Z.png
Vs.
vNuLu.png

Nh7iQ.png
FXiUs.png

Blues and Red Devils do battle at Wembley for right to grace final

Local pride and a place in the FA Cup final will be at stake when Manchester's arch-rivals lock horns at Wembley on Saturday.

Much of the build-up to the game has focused on the absence of two strikers, with both sides set to be without their most talismanic attacking weapons.

An untimely injury to Carlos Tevez has stripped Manchester City of the services of their skipper, while Manchester United ace Wayne Rooney is set to sit out the second game of his two-match ban.

There will, however, still be plenty of firepower on show at the home of English football and a derby date with so much at stake will only help to add to the occasion.

Ambitious City know that the FA Cup represents their last chance to pick up silverware this season and end their 35-year-wait for a major trophy.

Unfortunately for them, their recent record on the road suggests they could be in trouble, with Roberto Mancini's men having failed to win away from Eastlands since Boxing Day, a run of 10 games.

City have also lost their last four meetings with United in the FA Cup and have prevailed in just two of their last seven meetings with Premier League rivals in English football's most prestigious knockout competition.

Mancini's men will also be hugely disappointed to have seen Tevez ruled out, with the Argentine having plundered more goals on his own this season (22) than possible stand-ins Mario Balotelli, Edin Dzeko and Jo have managed between them (17).

United will also be hampered by the absence of Rooney, who has been in red-hot form of late, but have plenty of back-up options available.

The Red Devils have, rather surprisingly, gone seven years since they last tasted FA Cup glory, but remain the most successful side in the competition's history.

Success this season would help United to edge closer to another Treble, with Sir Alex Ferguson's side also well placed in the hunt for Premier League and UEFA Champions League glory.

The Red Devils have lost only one of their previous nine semi-finals under Ferguson, to Everton in 2009, and no side has managed to breach their defence twice in an FA Cup game since Middlesbrough in 2007.

City team news

Mancini must come up with a makeshift forward line for Manchester City's date with destiny.

With skipper Tevez ruled out by a hamstring injury, Mancini must decide whether to include Balotelli, Dzeko or both for the mouth-watering clash with United.

Micah Richards returns after three weeks out with his own hamstring problem, while David Silva and Nigel de Jong will be included after failing to make the starting line-up for Monday's defeat at Liverpool.

Predicted Team Line-Up:

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov
De Jong Barry
Milner Yaya Toure Silva
Balotelli​

United team news
Rooney's suspension provides the only selection dilemma to Ferguson, with Dimitar Berbatov likely to be drafted back into the starting XI alongside Javier Hernandez.

The only other absentee for United is Darren Fletcher, with the Scotland international still a couple of weeks away from a return following an illness.

With a virtually fully-fit squad from which to select, there is intense competition for places within the United ranks - with Rafael, Paul Scholes and Antonio Valencia all pushing for recalls.

Predicted Team Line-Up:

Van der Sar
O'Shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Scholes Nani
Berbatov Hernandez​

Hope it's a decent game as I am going. I will be supporting Balotelli <3

I think Dzeko should start ahead of Super Mario, personally.

Think it will be 2-1 united.

Last edited:
Agree, Mario no, Dzeko defo. Going for a 2-1 for Utd. Be very cagey affair til first goal goes in I think. Hoping it's going to be an excellent game.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the game, love these types of games. Hopefully won't be the last time I am at Wembley this year.
Got the big bad box as well for it :wub::wub:

Think it will be close but in the end think United will just nick it with Hernandez scoring the winner. 2-1.

I think Manchester United will win, but I'll be hoping City manage to pull out a win here because we play them at Eastlands just days before the FA Cup Final is scheduled. Hoping they'll have one eye on the final. :)

I think Manchester United will win, but I'll be hoping City manage to pull out a win here because we play them at Eastlands just days before the FA Cup Final is scheduled. Hoping they'll have one eye on the final. :)

Haha :D If we get to the final...i hope that Mancini has learnt his lesson from the Liverpool game. EPL is the priority.

Imagine Mancini resting players like Silva, De Jong against Spurs :D Well..not even Mancini is stupid enough to do that.

For many City fans I have spoken to, the priority is your first trophy for 35 years, in the form of the FA Cup.

It might be different for you, as a recent 'supporter'.

Haha :D If we get to the final...i hope that Mancini has learnt his lesson from the Liverpool game. EPL is the priority.

Imagine Mancini resting players like Silva, De Jong against Spurs :D Well..not even Mancini is stupid enough to do that.

He's also not stupid enough to risk going another season without a trophy.

Man Utd to win 2-0 with the goals coming from Berbatov and Giggs.

For many City fans I have spoken to, the priority is your first trophy for 35 years, in the form of the FA Cup.

Maybe...the ones who have been City supporters for 30+ years.

But CL football would be a bigger step. And what i have read on bluemoon, most fans knows it.

When i look at some of Citys summer targets like: Sanchez, Mata, Coentrao....

Would they come if City wouldn't be in the CL? Idk...maybe not.

FA cup would mean nothing next season. Top 4 do...thats the difference. But Mancini aims for both.

It is my opinion if we get past city, which i think we will sneak past. we will win the Treble... So really pumped for this game and cant wait for it...

1-0 Nani to score the winner.

Manchester City 0-2 Manchester United - Giggs, Hernandez

Hope City win, i think united will win though :(

I want to "like" this comment more than once.
OT:
It's going to be a cracker of a game. Hopefully Berbatov will start.
My line up:

VDS
O'Shea - Smalling-Vidic- Evra
Valencia - Carrick - Scholes - Giggs - Nani
Berbatov​

I'm going to this :) my Step Brother won 4 free tickets on the E-ON website, he totally forgot he entered and the tickets turned up 3-4 days ago! So we're taking the 5-6 hour drive (although with the m1 closed it'll end up taking longer) there :)

Worst past is we'll be sat with the United fans :( but I wasn't going to say no to a free trip to a football game at Wembley! :)

Hoping for a good game, not really fussed who wins!