Eckso

Reaction score
Gonna create a possession based 4-5-1 for Manchester United with the latest summer transfer update.

I've always had great success with Hernandez so he must be in my team, but I should obviously be playing Rooney too. How can I fit these 2 into a single striker formation?

I can only see two logical options:

1. Attempt to play a fluid front 3, based around the Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo trio of a few years ago. Either play Rooney or Hernandez at AML (possibly with position switch?)

2. Retrain Rooney as a CM and use him as my creator, but would this have a negative affect on Rooney's performances? Has anyone used him as a central midfielder?

1) yes you can do that but dont swap Hernandez out to the Aml, where are you going to use Nani, Valencia and Young then?

2) Rooney at Cm has been done before, I have done it, only for a couple of games and he was awkard at most and he performed very well, some people may say that you will lose out on certain aspects but I disagree as I have said for many years he needs to play in the exact role he does now and that is sort of like a Amc... if so, set him as your playmaker, this is what I got out of him in the role I mentioned above creating a tactic that replicates United's style so far this season as a Dlf :)

194439d1315210204-deathslayer%99-raikan007-wayne-rooney-profile_-attributes-.png

3) are you playing a Dm or 3 Cm's?

(I used your Deathslayer tactic for a while and it was awesome)

I am a massive fan of Valencia, he always returns 15+ assists, so he'd be out wide right. Nani and Young would be battling it out for AML (if I play Rooney as CM). I'm using Fletcher as a defensive midfielder in DM, with Anderson/Cleverley playing box to box alongside Rooney as an advanced playmaker attack. I used this guide to create a possesion based 4-5-1, I think it would suit Manchester United providing DL and AMR keep the game wide.

that sounds like a great set up :) dont make Rooney's attacking too high, keep it 1 click above half way and give him only about 3 clicks above halfway creative freedom :)

good luck with it, sounds like it will do well!

are you playing Evra as a wing back - attack?

Yeah, rotating Fabio and Evra.

So far, this would be my starting point would be:

GK - De Gea - Standard GK.

DL - Evra/Fabio - Wingback Attack
DCl - Vidic - Limited Defender Defend.
DCr - Rio - Defender Cover.
DR - Rafael/Smalling - Full back Automatic/Support.

DMC - Fletcher - Defensive midfielder defend.

MCr - Anderson/Cleverley/Eriksen - Central Mid Support (made a little more attacking).
MCl - Rooney - Advanced playmaker attack (Anderson and Cleverly could probably play this role too).

AML - Young/Nani - Inside forward support

ST - Hernandez - Poacher

AMR - Valencia/Park - Winger Attack (not too sure on this position).

Any advice on what I've mentioned above would be greatly appreciated. Advice on tempo, d-line, width would be appreciated too.