Reaction score
"... and that ends our news coverage on what has been a huge day in the world of sports, an extremely emotional one for some, but just in case you're joining us now, we regret to announce that Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, football manager ever, has announced his retirement as Manchester United manager. We expect his successor to be announced sometime soon. The bookmakers' favourite, however, is Everton manager David Moyes, who we place at 2/5 to be announced as the next Manchester United manager."

This was a very emotional day for me. Not only was I a huge Manchester United fan, but Sir Alex Ferguson was, in a way, my mentor. He was the man who took me under his wing as the U18s Manager, where we won the Academy Premier League and the FA Youth Cup twice. I then moved on to Preston, who, at the point were a struggling team in League 1. Having guided them to safety in my first season in charge, we earned promotion through a second place finish the following season. The next season was the highlight, however. Our team, tipped for immediate relegation by the bookmakers, defied all odds and in-fact, won the Championship by 22 points. Jonathan Carew (who I signed on a free) and Ignasi Miquel (who I'd loaned from Arsenal, only to sign him on a free the following season) were instrumental in our successes.

We finished seventh in our first season in the top flight, and also won some silverware in the form of the Carling Cup (beating Tottenham 3-1 in the final)! The next season wasn't as successful though, as we finished 12th and bowed out in the Quarter-finals of the Europa League (after a spirited 3-1 defeat on aggregate to Bayer Leverkusen).

I spent my next season in charge of Bayer Leverkusen. We were in ruthless form all season, ending up winning the Bundesliga over Dortmund and Bayern Munich. The highlight of the season, undoubtedly, was a 5-0 demolition of Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena, with Andre Schurrle bagging a fine treble.

It was sometime during this season, that Sir Alex had announced his retirement, and so, I thought to myself, "Here is a chance to manage my favorite team.". I decided to apply.

Thanks! More coming soon!
Just need to get my CL campaign done. Hard-*** group :S

"BREAKING NEWS! Everton sources claim that David Moyes has agreed on a deal to stay on at Goodison Park for another three years. This all but ends the possibility of the Scot taking charge at Old Trafford. SkyBET now makes Jose Mourinho an 8/5 favourite to land the job. However, noises around Old Trafford claim that Anthony Clarke, the Bayer Leverkusen manager, will succeed Sir Alex Ferguson. Clarke of course, was the manager of the U18s side at Man Utd that won 2 FA Youth Cups and the U18s Premier League. Anthony Clarke is second on our list of probables at 7/1."

A few hours later, it was official that Moyes had indeed signed a new deal at Goodison Park. While I was enjoying my coffee with SkySports on (eagerly anticipating who the next Manchester United boss would be), I received a call on my home phone. I put my coffee down, and picked up the phone, and who should it be, but Sir Alex Ferguson!

"Anthony, make your way over to Old Trafford now! Hurry up!"

What could that possibly mean?

YAY A united story Please stick to it :D Will follow Ofc

"You're going to be the new Manchester United manager", said Sir Alex.

I immediately tendered my resignation to the Leverkusen chairman, who was disappointed to see me leave, but insisted that it was the right time to make a step up to a club with a massive reputation. After arranging a quick meeting with my players, in which I told them that I desperately wanted to take up the Manchester United job, I flew over to Manchester. David Gill, the CEO, and Sir Alex were waiting for me, with a limo (ready to take me to Old Trafford). We shook hands. Sir Alex then said,

"Hello there, Anthony. Thought you'd never come! Get in the car, we've got a lot to discuss."

During the 20-odd minute ride from the airport to Old Trafford, David went over a lot of stuff, like transfer budgets, any intended transfer targets, players you don't want at the club, staff you're considering getting rid of and the like. After all that talk, he handed me a one-year deal worth £65,000 a week. So there I was. Anthony Clarke, the new Manchester United manager!

News of the appointment spread like forest fire all over the world. Within minutes, Sky Sports was running a special feature on my life and achievements. These were interspersed with tweets praising the choice, some criticizing them. Current managers also voiced their opinions, while Manchester United legends welcomed me and believed I was the right choice.

The first few weeks of the job involved replacing the staff members who had left along with Sir Alex, such as Mike Phelan, Rene Meulensteen and Eric Steele. While replacing the latter two was easy, I needed time to find a replacement for Mike. He was an outstanding assistant to Sir Alex, and I needed someone who'd have the same impact. This was also made harder by the fact that Daniel Niedzowski, my assistant at Leverkusen, had been appointed as their manager. I handed new two-year deals to Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, which would see them take on Player-Coach roles. FC Dallas' goalkeeping coach Drew Keeshan was appointed, as was former Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar.

As I'd almost given up on finding an assistant manager, my mind suddenly rolled back to the time when I was at Preston. Kevin Bond, my assistant while we were in the Premier League. He'd been without a job for a while now, so I called him up and told him to get to my office at Old Trafford as soon as possible. Within a few hours, the appointment was confirmed.

Next Update: Pre-season tour to China, a friendly against Borussia Dortmund at Old Trafford, and a few new signings!

Could you use some pics ?? Anyway Good update nd congrats