@dmf180593
Reaction score

View attachment 144350View attachment 144352

Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester
Kick Off: 19:45 GMT
Channels: Sky Sports 2, BBC Radio.
Will post streams when available

Team News:

Manchester United winger Nani has been declared fit to play Marseille tomorrow, just days after manager Sir Alex Ferguson ruled him out until April. Midfielder Michael Carrick also has recovered from an injury which saw him miss out on the weekend victory over Arsenal in the FA Cup. Antonio Valencia is back from injury and should play some part in this 2nd leg tie. Nemanja Vidic is expected to be fit for the game, despite missing training on Monday with a knock. Owen Hargreaves and Park Ji-Sung took part in a light session away from the rest of the team but aren't expected to take part on Tuesday.

Injured: Ferdinand, Evans, Fletcher, Anderson, Park, Hargreaves, Owen.

Marseille have a solid side coming to Old Trafford, although Brazilian striker Brandao won't feature after being arrested last Friday on suspicion of rape. The French side come into this game on the back of a 2-0 win over Rennes, with Loic Remy and Lucho Gonzalez scoring the goals.

OFFICIAL Line-Ups:

Van Der Sar
O'Shea - Smalling - Brown - Evra
Nani - Carrick - Scholes - Giggs
Hernandez - Rooney

Subs: Kuszczak, Berbatov, Rafael, Fabio, Valencia, Obertan, Gibson.

Gignac
Ayew ------------------- Remy
Lucho
M'Bia - Cheyrou
Taiwo - Diawara - Heinze - Fanni
Mandanda

Subs: Andrade, Hilton, Cisse, Kabore, Ayew, Abriel, Valbuena

Prediction

Manchester United 2-0 Marseille
Rooney, Smalling

Last edited:
Sticking your neck out with Smalling to score are you not :p?

Man Utd 1 - 2 Marseille
Giggs - Valbuena, Gignac

Unbelievable : Yes
Impossible : No

Manchester United 1-0 Marseille.

Vidic.

Also, thought Nani was out for a month?

Manchester United 1-0 Marseille.

Vidic.

Also, thought Nani was out for a month?

He was training this morning and Ferguson said in his press conference that he is available for tomorrow. Same goes for Carrick.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Sticking your neck out with Smalling to score are you not :p?

Got a feeling it will be tight and we'll score from a set piece. Was thinking Vidic, but went for Smalling as it's less likely to happen - therefore probably will happen.

Rooney to score late on to seal it.

Regulation victory for Man Utd.

Had better be anyway, i've already set aside some time off to go the home game in the next round in a plush corporate box. :)

Even though Marseille isn't a favourite in this match, and has small chances, I still hope they can win :D

Had better be anyway, i've already set aside some time off to go the home game in the next round in a plush corporate box. :)

I sincerely hope Manchester United go out now (A)

If Marseille manage to play like they did in the first leg, but with more lethality in front of goal, then I could easily see them winning this match. However, away from home it really doesn't seem likely:

Man Utd 2 - 0 Marseille.

Got a feeling it will be tight and we'll score from a set piece. Was thinking Vidic, but went for Smalling as it's less likely to happen - therefore probably will happen.

Rooney to score late on to seal it.

Hmm justified logic, fair enough :)

I think it will be an easy victory for Utd personally......Valbuena is there only real threat imo !

Man Utd 3 - 1 Marseille

Berbatov, Rooney x2 - Gignac (late consolation goal, probably from a Valbuena cross)

Can't see marseille posing much of a goalscoring threat without Brandao. Gignac only has 3 this season in the Frrench league, hardly concerning for vidic and the in form smalling.

I think Manchester United 2-0 Marseille
Im going to the match so hopefully we will win! :)

Nemanja Vidic is a major doubt for the tie tomorrow, meaning John O'Shea or Wes Brown could play.

Can't see marseille posing much of a goalscoring threat without Brandao. Gignac only has 3 this season in the Frrench league, hardly concerning for vidic and the in form smalling.

GIgnac was injured for a longer period of time unless i'm mistaken, right?

Vidic looks set to miss out, although Ferguson has said he's torn between starting Valencia or not.

United 2-1

Recent defensive performances haven't been impressive and Marseille have a fair bit of ability and creativity about them and can see them snatching one

(Vidic, Rooney, Gignac)