JoeyTurton

Reaction score
so i just started a new save with man united, i have £21m to spend and i am looking to build in all areas.
my starting 11 is
gk de gea

rb smalling(full back attack) cb vidic cb ferdinand lb evra (full back attack)

cm carrick (box-to-box mid support) anderson (ball-winning mid defence)

arm nani (inside forward attack) alm young ​(inside forward attack)

st herndandez (poacher) st rooney (advanced forward)

all suggestions welcomed!

Last edited:
well first off all ive had more success with anderson as an advanced playmaker role (attack) and fletcher is loads better than carrick, you want him in instead and put him in as a ball winning mid Support....... Rooney is more a complete forward (attack) plus i bought Hulk as i like my left wingers to be left footed as you get better supply to the front men !!! but if you dont want hulk as he will take all your budget to get!!!! look at strengthening the CM area maybe with hamsik..... in your 2nd season look at sami Khedira and Di maria i got them both for under 20 million

Just buy some playmaker like Hamsik or Jadson. I would buy Willian for about 8m, and he is better than Young, I would say even Nani. I would re-train Jones to CM position ( ball winning midfielder- defence), and keep him as backup for both defence and midfield. Use Carrick as DLP-defend ( if you buy playmaker, keep Carrick as backup) and I would offload Ando.

use Tom Cleverley mate he is awesome i used him in my first season over 40 games played 7.58 average rating and he is dubbed the new ince and was dubbed the new scholes :p

THIS IS WHAT YOU DO

so i just started a new save with man united, i have £21m to spend and i am looking to build in all areas.
my starting 11 is
gk de gea

You need a solid ball-winning midfielder in the center of the park, yann m'vila is perfect, forget fletcher and carrick. I got M'vila for around 24-26 million. Play a high tempo, direct passing 4-4-2 and you cant go wrong. In the first season I scored 112 goals, conceded the least in the league and got 100 points! Beat city in the champs league quarter finals 7-2 on aggregate and beat real madrid in the semis. At the final i was missing rooney, vidic, m'vila, evra, nani, young either from suspensions and injuries. I played against barca with a full team and went two up in the first have but ended up losing 3-2 in extra time to a villa freak goal from 35 yards :(

This was my formation and line-up, i changed the line-up alot to keep the boys fresh but didnt change my formation once.

De Gea

Jones Rio Vidic Evra

Nani Cleverley M'Vila Young

Herndandez Rooney

Rooney scored 43 goals all competitions and Hernandez scored 38. Make Rooney a complete forward and Hernandez a poacher. Nani and Young are both classic wingers, M'vila a ball winning midfielder, and cleverley advanced playmaker. In the end I was two matches short of the quadruple in my first season, beat chelsea in league cup final (with pogba and morrison in midfield!) but lost in the semis of the FA cup to them cuz I had my second team out as i had real madrid 2 days later. Won the league my 14 points, and came SOOOO close to beating barca with half my first team missing! Im about to start my second season and Ive bought hamsik(24m), Cavani(25m), Douglas Costa(9m) and Thiago Alcantara(loan) so im about to destroy everyone in my path! I sold quite alot of players to have enough money to buy all those guys, ie carrick, diouf, gibson, park, and a couple others.

TRUST ME - START BY BUYING YANN M'VILA!!

as you can from my long as post im at work and extremely bored and all i can think about is fm 2012!

my starting 11 is
gk de gea

Buy M'Vila/Fernandinho and Hamsik. Play them both as deep lying playmakers in your set-up. Works a treat. 1st season I won a League, FA Cup, League Cup treble. Second season I won a League, League Cup and Champions League treble