Mario Balotelli becomes Manchester's ambassador for firework safety

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Sergio Agüero may be the expert finisher and David Silva the artist supreme but who can doubt which Manchester City forward is proving to be the club's real value-for-money signing. Step forward Mario Balotelli, the dart-throwing, grass-hating, cash-hoarding maverick who has become the face of fireworks safety days after 'friends' let some off in his house, setting it ablaze. You could not make it up.

The player has been in the headlines since joining City in August last year and was described as "crazy" by his manager, Roberto Mancini, after revealinga 'Why Always Me?' T-shirt having scored the opening goal of City's 6-1 thrashing of Manchester United on Sunday. Balotelli's latest move, however, may be his finest.

"It is important children should not mess with fireworks. They can be very dangerous if they are not used in the right way. People should follow the firework code," warns a man who had to escape from his burninghome early on Saturday after fireworks were set off through a bathroom window. Two fire crews were called and Balotelli escaped unharmed. The 21-year-old Italian claimed the incident was the fault of one of the four friends who were staying with him at the property in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire.

"The newspapers got the story wrong about me," he said. "I didn't set any fireworks off, it was a friend of mine. I didn't know anything about it until I heard shouting coming from the bathroom. My friend apologised to me for the damage to my house. It was a really stupid thing to do."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/24/mario-balotelli-face-of-fireworks-safety

Words cannot describe how much I :wub: this man.

Saw this the other day. Bloke is a ******* maniac..... I love him!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL XD
Ballo ftw XD One day this guy is going to make big things XD

Super Mario is awesome!

But if he's teaching children on firework safety...well let's say something bad's gonna happen - he's not exactly a great role model himself. I bet Roberto Mancini made him do this, though! ;)

Super Mario is awesome!

But if he's teaching children on firework safety...well let's say something bad's gonna happen - he's not exactly a great role model himself. I bet Roberto Mancini made him do this, though! ;)

You have the score the wrong way round lol