Reaction score
Hello all,

Seeing as how I will have a lot of spare time with the Summer holidays coming up and the first half of my GCSE's down added on with the fact that I am not looking to go on holiday anywhere this year,I have decided to open up a Tactic Testing Thread,whereby you can post tactics you have created but are in need of some feedback from other members on FM-Base.

I will look to do as many as I can over the course of the next two months,as well as juggle the need of revision and studying for the following exams that will come once I embark on being in Year 11.

The idea for this was followed on from Will1981's venture to find the best tactic on FM-Base,which has seen JP Woody's emerge the victorious,despite it falling behind before to Taida's Herculean (sp) tactic in it's resurgence.

----------------------------------------

Moving on,here are the rules:

• You may only post your tactics up to five times over two days.
  • Be patient.The minimum amount of time you should wait for me to give you feedback is approximately 2 days.
  • Follow the guidelines below with a few specifics you might want your tactic to have for full effect.
These are the only rules I can come up with now but more should follow soon.

Guidelines:

Please follow this as such:

Name of Tactic:
Formation:
Touchline Shouts:
Use of Playmaker? (Highlight in Bold) Yes/No
Attacking/Defensive (Highlight in Bold)
Best Team to Use:
(Link tactic here)

There is now the requirement of posting screenshots of your current tactics.

1. The line-up (eg. the formation itself)
2. Structure of tactic (eg. where it says rigid,fluid,attacking,defensive,shorter passing,more direct etc. etc.)

Using StuW's DB Update 10.3.2

Minimum Post Count: 250
----------------------------------

Fire away.

:)

Notes:

People are now welcomed to post their tactics minimum of
5 over the course of two days,however,this must be used sparingly have just realised I have too much spare time.

---------------------

The list of tactics to be tested:

TheBetterHalf
Gaffer
KA5A8IAN
___Sanchez___
hellroker
Raikan007
CorvetteC3
LGFIRE

(This is in a certain order so people who post their tactic for review earlier than the next will have their tactic reviewed first)

Please accept the minimum waiting time of two days as stated in the rules above in the OP.

Thank you

:)

Last edited:
can i be the first i made this only last night and shows good results tryed with shalke and arsenal so far would you be willing to give it ago matey.

Name of Tactic:shalke
Formation: diomond 442
Touchline Shouts:classic mode none needed
Use of Playmaker? (Highlight in Bold) Yes
Best Team to Use: any top 4 teams
(Link tactic here)View attachment 87978

great idea by the way

Last edited:
can i be the first i made this only last night and shows good results tryed with shalke and arsenal so far would you be willing to give it ago matey.

great idea by the way

Currently testing.

looks like an good idea:)

Thanks.Appreciated. :)

Currently testing.

Thanks.Appreciated. :)

best of luck am arsenal at the mo with it hope you have fun with it.

i recomend depending on the score if you change speed to fast at half teime and creative freedom to normall again depends on score.

great idea by the way

View attachment 88007View attachment 88008

Name of Tactic: shalke
Tactic tested with: Manchester United
Signings: Andreas Beck,Claudio Marchisio,Edin Dzeko,Guillermo Ochoa
Best Result: Manchester United 3-1 Manchester City
Worst Result: Newcastle United 2-1 Manchester United
Changes to the tactic: None
Touchline Shouts used: None

The Good:

• Strong defensive line,hard to break down.
  • Wingers can create chances,despite playing most times through the middle and have a few pops on goal.
  • Fullbacks play vital role to maintain strength in the back four.
The Bad:

• Forward can sometimes miss an array of chances,some clear-cut.
  • Midfield can be complacent at times.
  • One winger can play much worse than the other,sometimes getting as poor ratings as 6.0.
Recommended:

• Make one of your wingers have the "Advanced Playmaker role" or change your defensive midfielder into a "Deep-Lying Playmaker"
  • Make your forward an attacking Deep-Lying Playmaker,an attacking Target Man or a supporting Complete Forward.
  • Use some touchline shouts,such as "Hassle Opponents" since your using aggressive tackling and "Work Ball into Box" so that the wingers can have the opportunity to supply the ball more to the forward.
Verdict:

Overall,good tactic,has a good way of keeping out good teams and give the opposition something to worry about on the attack.Despite this,the attackers can become complacent and miss a lot of good chances.Should look to improve on this.

Rating: 6.9/10

Last edited:
hey could you test this, its a variaant of my highly sucessful 4-4-2, i suspect the roles may need to change in the attacking mid band, but havent tested it yet

Name of Tactic: Manchester United 4-2-3-1 Deep

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Touchline Shouts:
play wider
retain possession
pass into space/feet
overlap/exploit middle/exploit flanks (all depending on state of play, and strengths/weaknesses of opposition)

Use of Playmaker? NO

Style: Attacking possession based football

Best Team to Use: any top 4-6 teams

hey could you test this, its a variaant of my highly sucessful 4-4-2, i suspect the roles may need to change in the attacking mid band, but havent tested it yet

Touchline Shouts:
play wider
retain possession
pass into space/feet
overlap/exploit middle/exploit flanks (all depending on state of play, and strengths/weaknesses of opposition)

Use of Playmaker? NO

Team: Liverpool

Last edited:

Touchline Shouts:
play wider
retain possession
pass into space/feet

Use of Playmaker? NO

View attachment 88042 View attachment 88043

Tactic tested with: Liverpool
Signings: Joe Cole,Aleksandr Kolarov
Best Result: Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United
Worst Result: Liverpool 1-2 Aston Villa (in extra time)
Changes to tactic:

• Changed defensive midfielder to a defending defensive midfielder
  • Swapped winger roles
Touchline shouts used:

• Play wider
  • Exploit flanks
  • Retain possession
  • Pass into space
  • Exploit middle
The Good:

• The defence is solid,hard to break down
  • Wingers give the opposition a lot to worry about
  • The defensive midfielders play an important role in feeding the ball forward,creating good chances
The Bad:

• Forward doesn't come back a lot to help.
  • Fullbacks venture forward a bit too much
Recommended:

• Change the forward to a supporting Complete Forward.
  • Set the left fullback to an automatic fullback like the right fullback.
  • Set one of the defensive midfielders on defend.
  • Narrow the play to make the attacking midfielder the more important.The wingers should be just to stretch the play.
Verdict:

Very good tactic.Has the ability to tear apart teams with the amount of times and everyone goes forward to score.When testing this tactic,I was able to beat Academica 7-0.Daniel Agger with two goals.Does have the tendancy to beat a big team comfortably and then draw/lose against a minor team.

Rating: 7.0/10

Last edited:
cheers mate. this tactic is aimed at the big sides who try and dominate the midfield, barca inter etc so glad to hear it can pick them off

View attachment 88008 View attachment 88007

Tactic tested with: Manchester United
Signings: Andreas Beck,Claudio Marchisio,Edin Dzeko,Guillermo Ochoa
Best Result: Manchester United 3-1 Manchester City
Worst Result: Newcastle United 2-1 Manchester United
Changes to the tactic: None
Touchline Shouts used: None

The Good:

• Strong defensive line,hard to break down.
  • Wingers can create chances,despite playing most times through the middle and have a few pops on goal.
  • Fullbacks play vital role to maintain strength in the back four.
The Bad:

• Forward can sometimes miss an array of chances,some clear-cut.
  • Midfield can be complacent at times.
  • One winger can play much worse than the other,sometimes getting as poor ratings as 6.0.
Recommended:

• Make one of your wingers have the "Advanced Playmaker role" or change your defensive midfielder into a "Deep-Lying Playmaker"
  • Make your forward an attacking Deep-Lying Playmaker,an attacking Target Man or a supporting Complete Forward.
  • Use some touchline shouts,such as "Hassle Opponents" since your using aggressive tackling and "Work Ball into Box" so that the wingers can have the opportunity to supply the ball more to the forward.
Verdict:

Overall,good tactic,has a good way of keeping out good teams and give the opposition something to worry about on the attack.Despite this,the attackers can become complacent and miss a lot of good chances.Should look to improve on this.

Rating: 6.9/10

cheers dude nice one for testing :)

Name of Tactic: Ac Milan Tatic
Formation: 4-1-1-2-2
Touchline Shouts: Defualt
Best Team to Use: Top 4 Teams Any Top League
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZQ0HEGG

cheers mate. this tactic is aimed at the big sides who try and dominate the midfield, barca inter etc so glad to hear it can pick them off

Yeah,very good tactic.With some tweaking you should be looking at one that can really dominate for seasons to come.

i must have added the wrong file should look like this

View attachment 88046

same instruction though. cheers for testing mate.

It's fine and your welcome.

cheers dude nice one for testing :)

Again,you're welcome :)

Name of Tactic: Ac Milan Tatic
Formation: 4-1-1-2-2
Touchline Shouts: Defualt
Best Team to Use: Top 4 Teams Any Top League
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZQ0HEGG

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

View attachment 88134 View attachment 88135

Name of Tactic: A.C. Milan Tactic
Tactic tested with: Tottenham Hotspur
Signings: Joe Cole,Diego Buonanotte
Best Results: Liverpool 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur
Worst Result: Chelsea 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Changes to tactic:

• Changed RB to defensive fullback
  • Changed left winger to an attacking winger.
Touchline shouts:

• Exploit the Middle
  • Work Ball into Box
The Good:

• Winger stretches the play and makes it hard for defenders to concentrate.
  • Attacking midfielder acts as a supporting striker and can score goals.
  • Defensive midfielder the 'Destroyer' of the opposition attacks.
The Bad:

• Shaky backline.
  • Fullbacks venture too far forward into attacking bands of play.
  • The two attacking midfielders don't co-operate well all the time.
Recommended:

• Change the right fullback into a defensive fullback to allow the defence to become more stable.
  • Play a narrower width.
  • Play the Stopper-Cover combo between your defenders to allow a higher defensive line.
Verdict:

A tactic that looks good in prospect but is let down by an unsturdy backline,something that needs to be addressed.Some of the roles could be changed,for example playing an Anchor Man when you can just play a Deep-Lying Playmaker or a Defensive Midfielder,depending on your taste.The fullbacks don't need to be set advanced roles as they would already do that in being an automatic fullback.

Rating. 6.6/10

------

I apologise for the late response,I was out and about so wasn't on my computer to test out the tactic.

Last edited:
illl test some for ya

Nah,I'm fine.The requests have been small so when they come but the crapload is when I will request for some help.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:01 PM ----------

Minimum Post Count added.Prevents newbies as such from just posting by the bucketload.

:( I don't meet the minimum post count... ;)

If you ever get really bored I have a few tactics in my thread called Central Control: Set if you want to do that.

It would be best if you tried them with a middle/lower end EPL team to see if they work with the lower as well as the upper end.

:( I don't meet the minimum post count... ;)

If you ever get really bored I have a few tactics in my thread called Central Control: Set if you want to do that.

It would be best if you tried them with a middle/lower end EPL team to see if they work with the lower as well as the upper end.

Yes Khodder,you unfortunately don't meet the minimum post count.But you're getting there.

You can post them onto the thread and I will then delay them until you've posted your 250th post.Then I will review your tactics.