Match Thread: Manchester United vs. Liverpool [12:45 GMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Because the club threads are bad enough without any extra bile spilling over....

--------------------------------

Kick-off: 12:45 GMT, 7:45 EST

TV: Sky Sports HD1, ESPN2

Liverpool
Reina, Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Škrtel, Spearing, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Kuyt, Suárez
Subs: Doni, Carragher, Bellamy, Carroll, Adam, Shelvey, Kelly

Manchester United
De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Welbeck, Rooney
Subs: Amos, Berbatov, Park, Cleverley, Chicharito, Fabio, Pogba

Random facts

- Man Utd have won 11, drawn 4 and lost 4 of the last 19 stagings of this fixture, outscoring their opponents by 30 goals to 17.

- Man Utd have kept a clean sheet in 50% of their last 20 home games.

- Man Utd last failed to score at home some 43 games ago.

- Liverpool have won 50%, drawn 10% and lost 40% of their last 20 away games.

- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in 45% of their last 20 away games.

- Liverpool have scored no more than 1 goal in 11 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 1, draw 2 and lose 8 of these matches.

Streams

Wiziwig

Thinking 2-1 United.

Can't see De Gea keeping a clean sheet and think Rooney will score one, with Welbeck getting the other.

Off Topic: Our moderators are currently down on their quota for infractions and bans for the week ending the 12th.

Knew they struggles to get goals, but didnt realise Liverpool's scoring rate away from was that low.

United need to keep out the sloppy errors that were there vs chelsea, because the rest of the play was very good

Going for a 2-2. With one side to score a last minute equaliser.

Think it'll be Gerard and Kuyt for Liverpool. Rooney and Welbeck for Utd.

Carroll's hitting form, him and Bellamy to super sub it please.

But I'd like a boring 0-0, with no incidents at all.

Ah Ferguson, shush your mouth please.

Last edited:
3-1 for us. Can't see L'pool getting anything from this match. We were sooo superior on Anfield, but we missed Rooney. With Evans hitting form, I highly doubt Suarez will be trouble. And if we keep Suarez quiet, then he can't assist ( let's be honest, guy sucks in finishing). Fancy L'pool to score from free kick ( like they always do).

Carroll's hitting form, him and Bellamy to super sub it please.

Obviously want the win, but otherwise agreed. Really hope our fans behave themselves, expect Suarez to get stick, as Evra did, but hope its all kept to the minimum. Football only please

Predictions: Bad refereeing. At least one red card. Outrage over something involving Suarez. Carroll to come on with less than 5 minutes to go. Fletcher to empty his bag during half time.

If it's a 0-0 though you know the morons will try even harder to find something to talk about.

Obviously want the win, but otherwise agreed. Really hope our fans behave themselves, expect Suarez to get stick, as Evra did, but hope its all kept to the minimum. Football only please

Well if the clubs are prepared to draw a line under it with a handshake between Suarez and Evra, no reason at all why the fans can't. Fully expect a small minority to ignore it though which is a shame.

Well if the clubs are prepared to draw a line under it with a handshake between Suarez and Evra, no reason at all why the fans can't. Fully expect a small minority to ignore it though which is a shame.

You think only minority will ignore? No majority will and rightly so.

You think only minority will ignore? No majority will and rightly so.

Tbh I'd like to think the sensible fans on both sides outnumber the less sensible and wouldn't want to draw unneccessary media coverage to their respective clubs. It's football not a media circus. Pretty much why I'm not going to watch it.

Tbh I'd like to think the sensible fans on both sides outnumber the less sensible and wouldn't want to draw unneccessary media coverage to their respective clubs. It's football not a media circus. Pretty much why I'm not going to watch it.

Its not about being sensible, Evra was booed at Anfield, so I see no reason why an United fan will think twice before throwing **** at Suarez or Liverpool. It could have been avoided but I think its too late now.

I enjoyed the nice dramatic Suarez/Evra montage SS just played before the teams came out. Way to focus on the football.

Its not about being sensible, Evra was booed at Anfield, so I see no reason why an United fan will think twice before throwing **** at Suarez or Liverpool. It could have been avoided but I think its too late now.

Indeed, anyone who thinks Suarez (or Evra) won't get booed is kidding themselves. Sadly it won't be in the pantomime jest it should be.

I enjoyed the nice dramatic Suarez/Evra montage SS just played before the teams came out. Way to focus on the football.

Quite embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.