The Wannabe Welshman: A Wrexham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winters

Reaction score
242cx0l.png

18d4ic.jpg

Breaking News!

BREAKING NEWS out of Wrexham Football Club in the last few minutes. Last month Dean Saunders left Wrexham to manage Doncaster Rovers in the npower Football League Championship and since then, Wrexham have been looking for a new manager. Today see's the new start for Wrexham Football club as an inexperienced manager has been put in charge of the Blue Square Premiership side. Martyn Brown has put pen to paper on a 2-year-contract at The Racecourse Ground and will be his first taste of a manegerial post.

He has been given the task of leading The Red Dragons into the play-offs this season (media prediction = 5th) on a transfer budget of £50,000 with £1,000 remaining wage budget.

---

Coming up within the next few hours here on Sky Sports News will be Martyn Brown's first press conference at Wrexham, stay tuned here at Sky Sports News.

Going to link this to the Gary Speed Tribute Challenge? I'll be following along

242cx0l.jpg

ifww1e.png

Wrexham Football Club Press Conference.

Speaker: "Welcome to Wrexham Football Club and The Racecourse Ground for this press conference including the newly appointed Wrexham FC manager Martyn Brown.
There is to be a brief statement regarding the appointment of Mr Brown then with questions and answers shortly after."

Official Statement: "On behalf of all here at Wrexham Football Club, we would like to welcome Martyn Brown to you today as manager on a 2-year-deal. Not all are happy with the appointment of an inexperienced manager but we believe he has huge potential in the game and we have decided to act on this and here he is before you as our manager. We all look forward with working with Mr Brown in the coming weeks to prepare for the start of the Blue Square Premier."

Speaker: "We now open up to the floor for some questions."

- = -

Dan Webster, Wales on Sunday: "You sit here before us today as the new Wrexham manager. How do you feel on being appointed?"

Martyn Brown: "I am delighted in being given the opportunity to manage a club like Wrexham. The club as a whole is a npower League 2 club which will be my aim for this season."

-

Nick Collins, Sky Sports News: "As you only start at Wrexham manager today, are there any players you considering selling and those you like to keep at the club?"

Martyn Brown: "Everyone here at Wrexham will get the chance to show what they can do for the club. If I find anyone surplus to requirement in pre-season, necessary action will be taken in the best interest of the club."

-

Michael Harper, Daily Mirror: "Do you have any transfer targets in mind?"

Martyn Brown: "Currently no. But in the coming weeks I will be looking at my squad and youth team and appropriate decisions will be made concerning transfers and signings."

-

James McIntrye, Metro: "By most people in the media, Wrexham are to challenge for the Blue Square Premier title or playoffs. Do you also share this view?"

Martyn Brown: "I do indeed. They players and the setup of this club is quite brilliant for the league we play in. I hope to be challenging for the title rather than the playoffs."

-=-

Speaker: Thank you all for coming but no more questions will be answered. I would like to thank Martyn Brown for being here today to answer your questions and we all wish him the best of luck for the coming season."

18d4ic.jpg

Possible Takeover!

(22/07/11)
Today
I received an email concerning a possible takeover of the club. Information was little and all what was said that the current chairman wanted to leave the club and a local businessman was interested.

So now we are under process of a board takeover. Could this see me already be replaced as Wrexham manager if the businessman takes over????

Im a welshmann to and my grandmothers cousin is one of the directors. On fm 11 ive lead then to a comfortable topping of league 1 after 5 years, lets see if you can do better

Yea sure, why not. First month's games will be posted tonight with a update on the takeover.

Going to be interesting for sure! I'll tab the link on the first post for the challenge so other wrexham players can see what you are up too

Update has been delayed until tomorrow due to internet problems.

Alright guys, I am currently in hospital. Just had surgery on my ankle and update will be tonight on my story once I fully come round from sedation etc..

OK, After being in and out of hospital for my ankle I have decided to do an update at the end of the season as it will be too much to catch up on.

Also for my 2nd season I am thinking of doing live streams off my story for you all. What do you think to this idea, please PM me with your opinion or post here.

Hope everything is alright winters!

Live streaming updates - what exactly are you planning? I like the sounds of it.

Doing the story on Xfire Livestream. So live streaming for a couple of hours, me talking whilst playing FM. And can add videos of match highlights on for each match and goals of the month.

I have had to have another surgery on my ankle to re-align it to my leg so am off my feet until August.

oh alright, that does sound pretty interesting! I think that would be a good touch.

Shame about the ankle though, sounds pretty nasty!

My ankle has been this way for 6 years and not surgery to correct to to keep me playing football for my team so I will be able to play next season. ^.^

Ahhhh.. I won the league with Wrexham but at the end of the season the club was taken over and they appointed Leroy Rosenior as the mananger which means I have to close this story down and start a fresh with the ideas I have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.