Arsenal v Sunderland

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal could close the gap on Manchester United at the top of the Premier League to one point should they beat Sunderland.

More...

Unlucky Arsenal. Attacked well, just they failed to score.

Very happy with the result..

so the reff didnt give penalty, when someone is push in the box. man WTF thats for sure a penalty.

and the linesmann is lame. the clear one-on-one chance is not offside

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Unlucky Arsenal. Attacked well, just they failed to score.

Very happy with the result..

chamcks header hit the crossbar. ****.

nice cross by jack

United win tomoz we go 6points clear meaning that we could afford to lose a game or draw a few games...

dont know how it stayed 0-0, not sure about refs performance

Arsenal has the worst luck of any football team in the world, I swear. How many times did they hit the post? Why does every keeper they play against have the game of his life? And then of course two goals were called back. Bramble blatantly committed a penalty, he made no move for the ball and pushed Arshavin from behind with both hands. Then Arshavin was perfectly onsides and scored a goal that was called back. Arsenal really should have had the 3 points today, what a shame. Probably ends their chance of catching ManU.

Last edited:
BBC you are really annoying me, why post this after the game?

FA needs video ref for sure to many wrong decisions!, Instead of having a meeting on video ref they have several on Snoods... silly.

And that boy Wilshere played like a man. What a talent Arsenal have got. I love him and when he was down injured i was throwing abuses at Nasri for not kicking the ball out. I was genuinely worried for the lad..

Please Liverpool your our last hope. We'll still muck it saying that. The Arsenal that one titles (Henry, Pires, Viera) would not of let 2 points slip in such an important game. Fact.

BBC you are really annoying me, why post this after the game?

FA needs video ref for sure to many wrong decisions!, Instead of having a meeting on video ref they have several on Snoods... silly.

not nice when it's your club who is on the wrong side of bad refereeing. as many people said on Tuesday, get on with it.

sounds like Arsenal dominated game which makes it an even sweeter result, United need to make sure we don't slip up tomorrow but as we all know, tomorrow's game can go either way despite form/league posistion etc.

Peter Schmeichel on twitter : Thank you young Sunderland goalkeeper Mignolet for playing a blinder and winning us 2 point

Balls.

Not much to say, really. Two big calls wrongly went against us, but we were generally very unlucky. Diaby and Denilson were poor, Arshavin missed a great chance (aside from the two big calls) but was pretty quiet in the first half & Chamakh hit the bar.

Big 2 points to drop, just got to hope for a Liverpool result tomorrow.

United win tomoz we go 6points clear meaning that we could afford to lose a game or draw a few games...

If Utd take that attitude, you're not going to win the league...

We have a game in hand after this weekend anyway, and Utd still have to come to the Emirates, and host Chelsea. Arsenal have an 'easier' run-in.

Last edited:
Arsenal has the worst luck of any football team in the world, I swear. How many times did they hit the post? Why does every keeper they play against have the game of his life? And then of course two goals were called back

normally referred to as sods law i'm afraid lol

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

i'm wondering. IF Arsenal won the CL, but failed to win the PL, how would they feel? I know the PL is the ultimate prize for most teams, but still. If you won the CL you would've got past the biggest teams in the world

Balls.

Not much to say, really. Two big calls wrongly went against us, but we were generally very unlucky. Diaby and Denilson were poor, Arshavin missed a great chance (aside from the two big calls) but was pretty quiet in the first half & Chamakh hit the bar.

Big 2 points to drop, just got to hope for a Liverpool result tomorrow.

If Utd take that attitude, you're not going to win the league...

We have a game in hand after this weekend anyway, and Utd still have to come to the Emirates, and host Chelsea. Arsenal have an 'easier' run-in.

your "easier" run-in we keep hearing about didn't get off to a good start today though did it?

I think tomorrow's game will be a draw at Anfield which will leave the title to be decided on three matches. Us vs You. You vs Tottenhan and Us vs Chelsea.

your "easier" run-in we keep hearing about didn't get off to a good start today though did it?

I think tomorrow's game will be a draw at Anfield which will leave the title to be decided on three matches. Us vs You. You vs Tottenhan and Us vs Chelsea.

Nope. 10 games to go & Utd have trickier fixtures.

Everton will have a say aswell when we play Man Utd.

Trust United to drop points in midweek, and then Arsenal go and drop 2 points against Sunderland. I bet United fans are giggling.

Sort it out, Arsene.