Man Utd to face Barcelona in US

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United confirm they will take on Spanish champions Barcelona in Washington as part of their pre-season tour of the United States.

More...

Meh, last season we played Bayern I believe, and City played Barcelona in Dubai.

Pre-Season game so won't care much.

They'll probably want revenge for the Champions League final at Wembley this year ;) (6)

And Malcom is counting the pounds come in

man united just wanna make money by going to the states

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

agreed tho it will be great game

Meh, last season we played Bayern I believe, and City played Barcelona in Dubai.

Pre-Season game so won't care much.

They'll probably want revenge for the Champions League final at Wembley this year ;) (6)

Yer I agree, except Man united wont even make the final (H)

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

No, we go to the us to increase our American fan base

What a game! I will be watching it for sure. Backing Barca to win 2-0 though.

Implying that Barcelona aren't doing this also to make money.
I mean come on. Which team had to swallow their pride and put a Sponsor on their shirts because of money problems.
Barcelona need this more than United in all honesty.

Last years pre-season tour, was a good intensity work out for the lads and the MLS sides are mid season when we play which is a bonus.

It's all about raising the fan base, which in turn raises interest and all means Dollar signs in Malc's eye.

Either way it'll be a tough game against Barca which is the last match of the tour and the 4th match in 10 days....

No, we go to the us to increase our American fan base

Haha. Which in turn does what?

All financially related. Clubs don't go to the Asia and America as it has nice weather.

Last edited:
always like seeing PL teams doing tours of America and playing against MLS allstars since I'm usually in America when they play so it's something to watch :)

Americans will love this game and it will give Barcelona and United much needed income.

I see Utd are avoiding playing NY Red Bulls... SAF still scared of Thierry Henry after that goal, then? ;)

Not sure all that many actual fans will care that much, tbh - good test for pre-season, though.

I see Utd are avoiding playing NY Red Bulls... SAF still scared of Thierry Henry after that goal, then? ;)

Not sure all that many actual fans will care that much, tbh - good test for pre-season, though.

We're playing MLS Allstars.

If he's still good enough he'll be involved. Beckham will be playing.