Max

Reaction score
Hey, well I'm back again with my 2nd tactic, and this time, it's got goals.

I tested it with QPR, scoring 101 goals in 46 games and conceding 52 goals all season, it comes with a great goalscoring ratio, sadly conceded more than a goal a game though, only just though.
It's a flat 4-4-2, but breaks down teams quickly and scores goals, I finished with a goal difference of +49, and have had some class results with this, usually with a lot of goals. I've beaten Middlesbrough 4-3 at home, drawn 1-1 away to Newcastle, drawn 4-4 away to West Brom and beaten teams quite comfortably away and home aswell with results like 6-1 vs Scunthorpe and 5-0 against Cardiff at home and 8-1 away to Cardiff.

So, last time my tactic had lots of sets, but this just has one, it's a variant which you can change the starting strategy on if you like, from defensive to attacking etc, and also can change the width and tempo and defensive line whenever you feel it could help you win the match or hang onto a late lead.

Here are the needed stats for each position and player :):

Goalkeeper:
Key stats -
Reflexes
One-on-ones
Rushing out
Positioning
Arial Ability

Left back and Right back (Full back - Defend):
Key stats -
Marking
Tackling
Concentration
Crossing
Positioning
Good pace and strength

Centre backs (Limited defender - Defend) Feel free to change this to ball playing:
Key stats -
Marking
Concentration
Tackling
Positioning
Good pace and strength

Right midfield (Winger - Attack):
Key stats -
Pace
Acceleration
Dribbling
Crossing
Natural Fitness (Isn't a must but helps for counters)
Flair

Left midfielder (Wide Midfield - Attack):
Key stats -
Crossing
Dribbling
Long Shots
Flair

Centre Midfielder (Box-to-box Midfielder - Support):
Key stats:
Passing
Natural Fitness (Isn't a must but once again helps a lot to get from box to box.
Work Rate
Technique
Finishing/Long Shots/Free kick taking (Any of them help)
All of these stats are key as Rowlands who played in this position was vital, scoring 20 goals and getting 15 assists in the league.

Centre Midfielder (Advanced Playmaker - Support):
Key stats -
Creativity
Technique
Finishing/Long shots (Not a must but great to have)
Passing
Composure

Left Striker (Advanced Forward - Attack):
Key stats -
Finishing
Composure
Off the Ball
Good strength and pace
Flair/First Touch (Either one is good but First Touch can come in real hand when being played through one-on-one to goal.

Right Striker (Target man - Support):
Key stats -
Strength
First Touch
Balance
Jumping
Work Rate and Teamwork
Off the Ball
It's up to you what supply you give to your target man, e.g Ball to head, or ball to feet or run onto ball. I played Benjani in this role and gave it to feet, this was mainly because of his Flair, Off the Ball, Balance, First Touch and Strength attributes. If you were to use a player like Heidar Helguson though for instance who is great in the air, then ball to head would be a great option. I noticed setting it to "Run onto ball" didn't work well as the Advanced Forward was isolated a bit. If you're striker's are both fast and complete forwards so to speak, then possibly putting it to "Mixed" would be a good idea.

So, that's all the details on key stats and attributes, now for the screenshots of the proof that this really works (H) Please as I've said before, try and get the key stats for your players, it will be tough to get all of them, but try and get atleast 2 of each for the positions, it will help out a lot. Also, give this tactic atleast 5-10 games to work, it won't work instantly, as every other tactic won't :) Thanks for your time and I hope your enjoy the tactic. Any feedback is much appreciated and I'm open to critisism, just please don't post stuff like "I played my first match with this and I lost 3-0" for example, that's what is annoying. So, yeah here are the screenshots :)

Sorry about the amount of screenshots, but there was a lot of success to show ;) (H)

Link to tactic - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1470

Last edited:
again, looks like you've put loads of time and effort into this one. well done max

Nice tactic Max, the box to box player is really effective
Cheers Jack. Yeah Rowlands was class in the box to box role, I expect a better ability player in that position would be even better there. I've updated the first post now with the link to the tactic on the site. I'm not sure if it has been approved yet but hopefully it will be available for download soon.

& Cheers Lewis, much appreciated mate. Any feedback is welcome.

i am so stuck im argyle but all these different tactics are really making it difficult for me to pick. So max, a reccommendation from you, i'll try one of yours, but which one is better, your attcking one or defensive??
Thanks in advance

i am so stuck im argyle but all these different tactics are really making it difficult for me to pick. So max, a reccommendation from you, i'll try one of yours, but which one is better, your attcking one or defensive??
Thanks in advance
In my biased but honest opinion, I think they are both good tactics, but for a team like Plymouth who might struggle defensively, I'd pick the defensive tactic as you can scrape games then. Maybe change to the Attacking tactic if you're losing at home, but I wouldn't recommend starting a match with it with Plymouth :)

In my biased but honest opinion, I think they are both good tactics, but for a team like Plymouth who might struggle defensively, I'd pick the defensive tactic as you can scrape games then. Maybe change to the Attacking tactic if you're losing at home, but I wouldn't recommend starting a match with it with Plymouth :)

cheers max very much appreciated:D

ill give them a go and get back to you like i did with your other tactics,

ill give them a go and get back to you like i did with your other tactics,
Cheers Joe. Btw, Danny's net game is up so can you come on Hamachi please mate.

They look brilliant Max. Will definitely be trying them out. :D

Do you think they would work with Newcastle?

One more question mate; would it work with this team in the Premier League?

GK: Wayne Hennessey (H)
LB: Ryan Bertrand (H)
CB: Fabricio Coloccini :D
CB: Vincent Kompany |)
RB: Wes Brown :S
DM: Dan Gosling :D
LM: Jonas Gutierrez ^^)
RM: Aaron Doran oO)
AMC: Marek Sapara (H)
ST: Michael Owen (A)
ST: Jo :wub:

Any feedback really appreciated. Cheers. (H) (I'm only asking as it will take an amazing tactic for me to move away from the one I have got downloaded atm)

Last edited:
One more question mate; would it work with this team in the Premier League?

GK: Wayne Hennessey (H)
LB: Ryan Bertrand (H)
CB: Fabricio Coloccini :D
CB: Vincent Kompany |)
RB: Wes Brown :S
DM: Dan Gosling :D
LM: Jonas Gutierrez ^^)
RM: Aaron Doran oO)
AMC: Marek Sapara (H)
ST: Michael Owen (A)
ST: Jo :wub:

Any feedback really appreciated. Cheers. (H) (I'm only asking as it will take an amazing tactic for me to move away from the one I have got downloaded atm)
Erm yeah it might work in that formation. Try it out, tell me how it goes. If you want to change to my 4-4-2 tactic then it would work perfect with Gosling in the box-to-box role with Sapara as an advanced forward. Also Jo could be the target man with Owen as the advanced forward.

I think you'd definetly need a new RM though, more pace.

Sure, I'll tell you tomorrow on here. Looking forward to trying it though I can't be asked to play now. Too much effort being a Friday 'n all.

Aha yeah I know the feeling mate.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:45 PM ----------

The link should be working shortly for the tactic. I think Sean still has to activate it or something.