Mental attributes and tutoring players.

howardrocket

Reaction score
I have NEVER indulged in the tutoring players feature on any FM game. I was curious as to the actual benefits from it. What should I be looking at when deciding what players need to be tutored and more importantly what players should be the tutors. I imagine high mental attributes would be affective to be tutoring young players?

Would it be a good idea to buy older players (with high mental attributes) just for the sole purpose of tutoring my younger players. Would it be a bad thing to buy in someone near retirement to just sit in my reserve team for a couple of years as he tutors players in my squad?

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, Will

Would it hurt my team/player/s though if I am to buy players literally just to sit in the reserve team and do nothing other than tutor players?

Would it hurt my team/player/s though if I am to buy players literally just to sit in the reserve team and do nothing other than tutor players?

I do that often, sign Ballack end of the year, bring in Ze Roberto at the start, get Ruud van Nistelrooy in Jan as well etc :0

Great, I shall definitely take a look at those guys! Are there any attributes I should be wary of, in case they are low (maybe decreasing my younger players)?? I am just looking for guys with high Determination, Teamwork and Work Rate.

Should I be looking at other attributes, that will either also benefit my younger guys? or on the chance disrupt/decrease development?

Also do player positions matter much? I mean if I just want a guy to tutoe a young player just to increase determination.... if one is a GK but the tutor is a ST will that matter??

Great, I shall definitely take a look at those guys! Are there any attributes I should be wary of, in case they are low (maybe decreasing my younger players)?? I am just looking for guys with high Determination, Teamwork and Work Rate.

Should I be looking at other attributes, that will either also benefit my younger guys? or on the chance disrupt/decrease development?

Also do player positions matter much? I mean if I just want a guy to tutoe a young player just to increase determination.... if one is a GK but the tutor is a ST will that matter??

det, team, work are the ones that get tutored the most, other mental stats also increase but are uncontrolled :)

yes of course, you cant get a GK to tutor a ST, they at least have to be accomplished in the same position to be tutored, for eg: Van Nistelrooy cannot tutor Kovacic as they play in different positions, however, Del Piero could tutor strikers and Amc's etc :)

Currently signed a few older players to be my tutors, however when I assign them to players, it appears only my youth players can be picked to be tutored. I cannot tutor any first team players or reserve team members.

Is there a reason for this? Is there a maximum age that a player is allowed to be tutored for? I would have thought some players still as old as 21 would be able to be tutored?

Yeah, around 20-21 or something is the limit I think.