BradP

Reaction score
Gentlemen, this isn't mission difficult, it's mission impossible. "Difficult" should be a walk in the park for you.

'Birmingham' and 'Champions'

Two words which couldn't be farer apart. However Birmingham fortunes could soon be changing. Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to achieve glory at Birmingham in 1 season. Except, there is a twist.

My fellow Englishmen, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. Birmingham is flying the English flag and this year, the roosters are filled with 100% English talent. English coaches have been drafted in to work along side both English has-beans and English misfits. You might even find a few surprises but remeber this is mission impossible, so don't expect Gerrard et al. :)

The leader of the revolution will remain a surprise, his right hand man I'll reveal.

Robbie Fowler has made a roaring comeback to English football, discovering the type of form which wowed Liverpool of old. He'll be the main man in-front of goal, firing your Birmingham to the dizzy heights of mid-table and the calming figure in the cup-final. You will need to embrace him, if you are to succeed.

Interested?

Good, but every game has rules and this one is no-different.

1. Provide screenshots of the following:

• Game Status
  • All Fixtures
  • Transfer History
  • Robbie Fowler Stats (to see goals and assists)
  • Any cup's etc you win in the season
  • Any player award's for the season (i.e Golden Boot)
  • League Table
2. No more than 10 saves will be permitted for the season.

3. Only English players may be fielded and purchased by the club.

4. Any players can be sold to raise funds, the starting finances have been boosted slightly as English Talent doesn't come cheap!

5. No Corner tactic cheats

6. No wonder houghton tactic and similar - use your own

7. No managing other teams or going on holiday

8. Have Fun.

A leader board will be posted below after the first entry is made. Points are calculated as follows.

A win in cup or league = 3 points
Draw in cup or league = 1 point
Goal difference at the end = points at the end
Cup success = 50 points
League success = 150 points
Robbie Fowler goal (not pre-season) = 2 points
Robbie Fowler assist (not pre-season) = 1 point
Award at the end for a player = 20 points

Please download the save game from the link below.

http://cid-3f3d603de05eebbf.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=1

Download it to sportsinteractive>footballmanager2010>savedgames

Load and up fm (10.3), load the game and your away. Any problems, message me straight away. Enjoy

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, and win the league with Birmingham.

Last edited:
"A blistering introduction to FM Base Challenges from BradP". (BBC NEWS)

"BradP could possess the same genius that only Pompey Dan has been able to materialize". (MAXIM)

"Choosing D**** ******M and ROBBIE FOWLER to lead a white and red revolution? - breathtaking". (SKY SPORTS)

"Whatever you do, don't cheat, BradP once bench-pressed a Hyundai Getz...while he was inside it". (ITV)

Well you've heard what the press think...what are you waiting for?

BradP - I'm in. And proud to wear the colours of Birmingham.

Haha nice to have you onboard - good luck

Cant get it to load as file format is .mou and not .fm like all my other saved games?

right just noticed the issue - i created it on my mates laptop (fm editor is incredibly slow on mine lol) and converted it to the wrong file type in the process of compressing it! - ill change the file format tonight to a .fm - sorry guy's my fault - bear with me i'm at work till 6 :)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

sorted - i've changed the link in the OP - enjoy, should work now :D

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:18 PM ----------

Come on guys! get involved - if your not intersted in trying this challenge out, some feedback why would be good.

How is everyone's season coming who has tried it?

Last edited:
I see you said transfer budget has been boosted slightly as english players are expensive, but it has been cut quite a bit as birmingham get a transfer budget between £20m-£36.5m normally.

Just wondering if it was meant to be a £10m transfer budget?

I secured their finances up - transfer budget should be 6-7 mill but you should be able to request more - i spent 26 mill in august on the saved game over 48 months etc

I secured their finances up - transfer budget should be 6-7 mill but you should be able to request more - i spent 26 mill in august on the saved game over 48 months etc
Ok Thanks for that:)

Just one more thing the screenshots you need to take, do they have to be taken at end of season or Every Month?

might do this sometime soon.. Dont know if i will be able to do it in under 10 saves though as i sometimes just play for little spurts.

might do this sometime soon.. Dont know if i will be able to do it in under 10 saves though as i sometimes just play for little spurts.
Its not that bad save wise. I ve worked it out to a save about every 1 1/2 months, As i have same problem as dont always have times to play for hours.

Tbh mate its just a bit of fun and the amount of saves is just to stop people cheating during the game. If you have a reasonable number of saves and attacht a screen shot of the fixtures at the end i might let you off :D

As mike said, its more or less one a month so once your in the full flow of the season this shouldn't be too difficult to achive 10 saves.

good luck

Not that great. Cannot get Fowler to preform at all. Do you want like player of the month awards too? And do you want them for any player on the team or just Fowler?

Last edited:
No dont bother with every month just end of the year will be fine - i found fowler was a machine pre-season but a let down when it got tough... but if hes on form he can be pretty clinical