XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I've just played half a season and I've been blitzing everything with a tactic I just made. It is a 4-2-4 formation, or 4-2-2-2, with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. Scored 65 goals in 19 league games! And only conceded 9 in 19 league games. An extremely good attack and an extremely good defence is exactly what this tactic has offered me so far. If the 2nd half of the season is as good as the first, after 38 games I'll be projected to score 130 goals and concede only 18 in the league. My most impressive ever on FM if I achieve it, which I think I will. Hopefully you all will have the same success as I have so far.

Formation:

manchesterunitedtactics.png

Fixtures:

manchesterunitedfixture.png

manchesterunitedfixture.png

Team Stats:

manchesterunitedsquadpl.png

Tactic Analysis:

manchesterunitedteamrep.png

manchesterunitedteamrep.png[

Never really won with such attacking and such defending in the same tactic. It's almost as if they are both in the extreme. Not going to put up single match screenshots because I can't be arsed, just look at the results. Usually create at around 3, and up to 8 CCC's regularly with Man Utd. Won every game except 2 which I drew (though tactic familiarity wasn't full as it is in the last lot of fixtures I've played.

You should note that right CM is defensive and left CM helps in attack. Every other position is self explanatory.

Original pitch, No Opposition instructions, assistant team talks, assistant match prep is what I used

Download Link: XeNoN's 4-2-4 v1.00 (Man Utd, Dec 2011).tac

Enjoy.

You have playmaker ticked, do you set someone as playmaker, or leave it empty?

Steve

You have playmaker ticked, do you set someone as playmaker, or leave it empty?

Steve

As with all my tactics no. I keep forgetting to untick it but it doesn't affect the tactic in any way to have it ticked.

xenon, ur the man :D 3 tactics...3 overall best tactics for fm12, gongrats :D perhaps u could try some 4-1-2-1-2 narrow ? :D

xenon, ur the man :D 3 tactics...3 overall best tactics for fm12, gongrats :D perhaps u could try some 4-1-2-1-2 narrow ? :D

Thank you, though I have a 4-4-1-1 tactic out in the open too but I don't think it's the same standard as this one and my 4-2-3-1 and my 4-1-2-2-1. I am trying to make a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic but it is difficult to get the players to be so effective in the centre. Got some problems I've come up against so that project is on hold. Will get back to it soon though ;)

This tactic looks and sounds awesome. I have been looking for a 424 tactic as well.

Going to give this a run. Please continue to upload screenshots of the second half of your season though, it will act as an incentive for me to persist with it, should i hit a rough spot.

well done!

i was just wondering why all your formation are using the classic style of formation that is why you get the lines your formation are very good

Please let us know the result for a full season, so i can compare with ur 42221 i'm using now..
Never doubt u mate, using ur 42221 tactic with terrific result. And u said this one's better, so i will give it a go at some point.

Try this always with PSG and I think it's better than the 4-5-1 :) better defence , more beautiful game , thank you Xenon

Try this always with PSG and I think it's better than the 4-5-1 :) better defence , more beautiful game , thank you Xenon

No problem ;) I think this is the most effective tactic I've ever made.

Anyone tried it with "smaller" teams, like Tottenham, Atl. madrid , napoli ?? Teams just under the world class ??

Help

Hello. Looks like a nice tactic. I will try it now. Just one question though. How do you make the arrows go up and down. Tried everything but its not working.

Hello. Looks like a nice tactic. I will try it now. Just one question though. How do you make the arrows go up and down. Tried everything but its not working.

If you change arrows it is not the same tactic. Arrows are dictated by the "gets forward" instruction on player instructions. Rarely is a down arrow. Someties is no arrow. Often is forward arrow.

Tactic

Ok thanks XeNoN. I will set the player instructions as per the arrows you have put on the screens. It works a beaut even without the change in instructions. Looks like it is gonna be a goalfest tactic seeing the first result after using it. Also, i changed my tactic mid season and it works wonderfully well. Thanks mate

Ok thanks XeNoN. I will set the player instructions as per the arrows you have put on the screens. It works a beaut even without the change in instructions. Looks like it is gonna be a goalfest tactic seeing the first result after using it. Also, i changed my tactic mid season and it works wonderfully well. Thanks mate

No problem, I'm glad you like it.

Hi Xenon!

Could you please give your match prep settings. I know your assitan can do it but please look at it.

THX!