12.2.2 and I used the defensive tactic in post #100 I think. I have now played the following

League Played 10 Won 10 F 49 A 1 (inc 8-1 home v Atletico, 6-0 away v Espanyol, 2-0 away v Villarreal and 5-0 home v Seville)
Champions League Played 3 Won 3 F 13 A 1 (Ajax 4-1 away, Rubin 6-0 home, Sporting 3-0 away)
Super Cup v Barcelona Won both legs 8-1 on Agg

Ronaldo has 22 goals in 13
Higuain 13 in 7
Cavani 12 in 11

Can not fault it so far, have not tweaked any part of it... in my last game the opposition did have more shots than previous games but my last game was the Atletico 8-1 result (casillas also saved a pen in this game) dissapointed in conceding my first goal in the league.

Will update again when I have played A Madrid away, barcelona home and away and Valencia away

have to say i am using the defensive version of this tactic posted in #100, it is amazing, scoring for absolute fun at man u... Yet to concede after i introduced this tactic midseason and averaging about 4 goals a game at least, and started to rotate in some youngsters...

I know Mr Hough is working on a winger tactic on SI forums - many there have said they've noticed wingers work better on the new patch (12.2.1/2).

However I continue to use the tweak with me and sumthin and I've noticed no decrease in results; quite the opposite in fact...

View attachment 232978

wath match preparation do you use?

Very High/Teamwork until fully fluid then Low/Average - Teamwork

sensational tactic mate !!! :D using it with sunderland in my 2nd season, first game beat Newcastle 5-0 ,second game beat Swansea 5-0 !

Hi

I don't really post very often on tactics but recently downloaded the '4-3-3 mr.hough def.setpiece tweak+Mr' tactic and felt that I had to say how good I think it is.

I am currently in 2019-2020 season with arsenal and to be fair have been pretty succesful already. I was using the old goals galore tactic with a few minor tweaks and have won 7 premier leagues, 4 european cups, 5 league cups and 3 fa cups.

I have used the scout to find out who the high potential regens are and then build the team around developing my youth superstars selling anyone who gets to 28 for big money (usually to city or one of the big 2 in spain).

Since the start of the current season I switched to 433 mr hough tweaked as mentioned above and the results have been ridiculous.

here are some pics..

View attachment 233115View attachment 233120View attachment 233123View attachment 233117View attachment 233118

View attachment 233119View attachment 233121View attachment 233122

Just wanted to thank you, Mr Hough, for this brilliant tactic. I'm currently a few games into my fifth season at the helm of Liverpool FC. The tactic has been superb.
In my very first season, I won the Premiership even though my initial target was just to qualify for the Champions League.
I've since gone on to retain the league each season, by the skin of my teeth one year as I went into the last day needing Manchester Utd to lose to QPR. Thankfully, Djibril Cisse heard my prayers and snatched a late goal against them. I defeated Norwich and managed to win the league that season on goal difference. Tense would be a ****** understatement !

Here is my trophy room, so far.

1st Year - Premier League
2nd Year - Premier League, FA Cup
3rd Year - Premier League, FA Cup, Carling Cup
4th Year - Premier League, Carling Cup

The only title that eludes me so far is the European Cup having lost to Barcelona in my second season, Real Madrid in my third and Manchester City in my fourth at the knockout stages. Hopefully I can win my first at the end of my current season :)

Here's my team at present too.

GK - Pepe Reina
DL - Jack Robinson
DR - Kevin Brennan (Academy Graduate)
DC - Martin Kelly
DC - Sebastian Coates
DM - Lucas Leiva
CM - Jordan Henderson
CM - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
ST - Luis Suarez
ST - Edinson Cavani
ST - Raheem Sterling

Forgive the ramble everybody. Anyhoo, thanks again, Senor Hough :)

Last edited:
A couple of questions about defense with the W4ANKER/sumthin tactic of post #314. I'm into my second season, and results are good, but I'd like to do better. I'm scoring in bunches, but letting far too many in. I'm playing with limited talent (FC Admira in Austrian BL), but my defenders look at least average compared to the rest of the league. The CBs, FBs and DM all earn 7+ match ratings. All have good marking and tackling attributes. The GK seems OK, match rating of 6.8-6.9.

Are there attributes that are especially important, here? Especially with defenders.

only downfall for about this tactic is away games, i seem to struggle , maybe because am Sunderland but i dominate at home :) help?

A couple of questions about defense with the W4ANKER/sumthin tactic of post #314. I'm into my second season, and results are good, but I'd like to do better. I'm scoring in bunches, but letting far too many in. I'm playing with limited talent (FC Admira in Austrian BL), but my defenders look at least average compared to the rest of the league. The CBs, FBs and DM all earn 7+ match ratings. All have good marking and tackling attributes. The GK seems OK, match rating of 6.8-6.9.

Are there attributes that are especially important, here? Especially with defenders.

in my defenders,i look for high anticipation,concentration and determination along with the usual stuff,makes them better with interceptions and u know get the long balls into the final third.Saying that,look for when you are conceding goals,against 1 striker teams,or 3-4-3,or what formation.I have seen that changing the tactic,when playing different teams helps.E.g.-i was playing barca in the champs league semifinal,they lined up with a 3-5-2 system to counter my 4-3-3,and i conceded really early on,so i switched to the 4-1-1-2-2 of mr.hough with my def tweak and i scored 5 against them.winning 5-1.so u know,gotta change when things aren't going to well,and don't be afraid of rolling around a few changes,like switching to man marking in some games helps as well,i forgot which games though,haven't played the game in ages.Just started Uni,so really busy with studies.:O
I think,ill make some more defensive changes after I have played a run of games.

Ok so here is an update on my Real Madrid game after playing the tougher teams in La Liga, I have played 31 league games and my only loss can away to Barcelona 2-1! Pretty gutted but they played amazing and deserved the win. Else where I beat Atletico, Ath Madrid, Valencia all comprehensively home and away. I have Barcelona in the semi's of Champions League to come but in the Last 16 beat Werder Bremen 5-0 home and 3-0 away and then QF beat Bayern 5-0 home and 3-1 away.

Ronaldo has been injured for last 2 months but he has 53 from 34 games and now Higuain has 55 from 31(6).

Varane at centre back is amazing, distribution of the ball, headed goals, last ditch tackles he has it all at 20 years old, recommend him as a signing if you can afford.

Stats for my season so far

League PLD 31 Won 30 Drew 0 Lost 1 F 127 A 14
Champs League PLD 10 Won 10 F 41 A 2
Spanish Cup PLD 10 Won 8 Drew 2 (Seville and Barcelona away) F 35 A 7

I have played my youngsters and back ups in all Cup games hence the poorer defensive record and results.

Can't complain with this tactic, working nicely.

in my defenders,i look for high anticipation,concentration and determination along with the usual stuff,makes them better with interceptions and u know get the long balls into the final third.Saying that,look for when you are conceding goals,against 1 striker teams,or 3-4-3,or what formation.I have seen that changing the tactic,when playing different teams helps.E.g.-i was playing barca in the champs league semifinal,they lined up with a 3-5-2 system to counter my 4-3-3,and i conceded really early on,so i switched to the 4-1-1-2-2 of mr.hough with my def tweak and i scored 5 against them.winning 5-1.so u know,gotta change when things aren't going to well,and don't be afraid of rolling around a few changes,like switching to man marking in some games helps as well,i forgot which games though,haven't played the game in ages.Just started Uni,so really busy with studies.:O
I think,ill make some more defensive changes after I have played a run of games.

Many thanks. Is that 41122 tactic in this thread?

i don't think i uploaded it here.Its basically the same as the 4-1-1-2-2 here,just target man option selected and defensive changes,atm my net is down and steam is not updating,will update tomorrow from uni net and see if i can get the net running,one night i got off,and i can't even play fm today,fml.or wait its a small file,ill try n upload with my cell net.

Ok so here is an update on my Real Madrid game after playing the tougher teams in La Liga, I have played 31 league games and my only loss can away to Barcelona 2-1! Pretty gutted but they played amazing and deserved the win. Else where I beat Atletico, Ath Madrid, Valencia all comprehensively home and away. I have Barcelona in the semi's of Champions League to come but in the Last 16 beat Werder Bremen 5-0 home and 3-0 away and then QF beat Bayern 5-0 home and 3-1 away.

Ronaldo has been injured for last 2 months but he has 53 from 34 games and now Higuain has 55 from 31(6).

Varane at centre back is amazing, distribution of the ball, headed goals, last ditch tackles he has it all at 20 years old, recommend him as a signing if you can afford.

Stats for my season so far

League PLD 31 Won 30 Drew 0 Lost 1 F 127 A 14
Champs League PLD 10 Won 10 F 41 A 2
Spanish Cup PLD 10 Won 8 Drew 2 (Seville and Barcelona away) F 35 A 7

I have played my youngsters and back ups in all Cup games hence the poorer defensive record and results.

Can't complain with this tactic, working nicely.

mikes could you try to give the defensive version a whirl with a weaker team?like a test?and my and w4nker version a whirl with this team?that could help me better our version,or maybe find out whether the defensive version is THE tactic for fm 2012,in which case,easter would be a good good time :p

mikes could you try to give the defensive version a whirl with a weaker team?like a test?and my and w4nker version a whirl with this team?that could help me better our version,or maybe find out whether the defensive version is THE tactic for fm 2012,in which case,easter would be a good good time :p

I tried to mix in the defensive version with my Admira Wacker save. I got similar results to your W4ANKER/sumthin version. I only used it for six games or so, so I can't say I did extensive testing.

Hi guys,

Is this tactic (w4nker version) going to work with 12.0.4 version please ?