For those of you with a legitimate youth system

lsamped

Reaction score
How long did it take you to set up and produce decent players. I am about to start my second season with Napoli, and my youth facilities are almost done be upgraded. I just got my first batch of youth players and no one had even decent potential. Is it possible to make a la Masia and produce wondekids?

Its just luck, I've got 2 players in my youth intake with 4.5 star potential, im san marino in serie A with **** facilities so shouldnt be getting players like that

I've had many teams with a top youth system, and yet to produce anyone top class, the odd the squad player comes through though.

being arsenal, the U18squad is pretty much with some 3-4.5 star players. so my the first season running, in the youth intake trial, i had a play with 4.5 star PA. :).

but in the second season, it didn't happen :(.

There must be some way to produce decent players with a few quality players here and there.if it isn't, that needs to be looked into.

and Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain and Germany are some of the countries where the best regens come from. England is a bit far of them ;)

and the reason being why is told in the list below

Youth Quality List
Brazil -185
Argentina -167
Mexico -160
Germany -160
Spain -159
France - 158
Russia -155
Turkey -151
Italy -151
Egypt -145
Nigeria -141
England -139
USA -138
Holland -127
Colombia -121
China -121
Japan -117
Portugal -117
Iran -107
Ivory Coast -107
Algeria -102
Croatia -98
Greece -95
Czech Republic -95
Australia -90
Uruguay -90
Sweden -88
Poland -88
Belgium -85
Ireland -83
Canada -54
San Marino -29

Last edited:
and Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain and Germany are some of the countries where the best regens come from. England is a bit far of them ;)

Youth Quality List
Brazil -185
Argentina -167
Mexico -160
Germany -160
Spain -159
France - 158
Russia -155
Turkey -151
Italy -151
Egypt -145
Nigeria -141
England -139
USA -138
Holland -127
Colombia -121
China -121
Japan -117
Portugal -117
Iran -107
Ivory Coast -107
Algeria -102
Croatia -98
Greece -95
Czech Republic -95
Australia -90
Uruguay -90
Sweden -88
Poland -88
Belgium -85
Ireland -83
Canada -54
San Marino -29

no scotland?? lolol

I don't have much good youth coming through my Man U club via the trail days, but I do poach a lot of U18 players. As a consequence I've got an amazing youth system.

In particular, look out for kids from INF Clairefontaine. The club produces some amazing regens and best of all none of them will be on professional contracts and they don't need work permits either.

If you really want good enough, go through all the regens when they are created. It's tedious but it's a great feeling when you unearth a gem playing at some backwater club.

Youth Quality List
Brazil -185
Argentina -167
Mexico -160
Germany -160
Spain -159
France - 158
Russia -155
Turkey -151
Italy -151
Egypt -145
Nigeria -141
England -139
USA -138
Holland -127
Colombia -121
China -121
Japan -117
Portugal -117
Iran -107
Ivory Coast -107
Algeria -102
Croatia -98
Greece -95
Czech Republic -95
Australia -90
Uruguay -90
Sweden -88
Poland -88
Belgium -85
Ireland -83
Canada -54
San Marino -29
Interesting. I believe if you can make your club into a powerhouse, you should be rewarded. I'm not saying you get a ton of high potential players, but one 4 or 5 star player here and there would be nice.

I don't have much good youth coming through my Man U club via the trail days, but I do poach a lot of U18 players. As a consequence I've got an amazing youth system.

In particular, look out for kids from INF Clairefontaine. The club produces some amazing regens and best of all none of them will be on professional contracts and they don't need work permits either.

If you really want good enough, go through all the regens when they are created. It's tedious but it's a great feeling when you unearth a gem playing at some backwater club.
No offense butch don't really have your own youth system. You just do what every other English club does and steal all of the talent because you have the resources too. I'm talking about producing your own players.

The Rangers in the Scottish Premier League have a decent system in regards to producing players suitable to be used in that league. I've had a few players come through the system that I'm starting to use regularly/rotationally. However, my youth system only produces 1-2 possible future first-teamers every year.

Maybe in real life there's a difference but how does taking U18 regens in the game from other teams not "producing your own players"?

Just because you have first class training facilities, the game isn't going to generate 4-4.5 star players for you. Sure you might have a greater possibility to getting a good player, but to a large extent it's random as you which regens join up for trail day.

And you don't need to have any resources to take players from INF Clairefontaine. You could be the poorest club in the country and as long as they as agree to your contract, you don't have to pay any compensation.

Because you still bought them from somewhere else. I am talking about producing players when they start out from a youth contract. Just because they play in your youth squad doesnt mean you produced them.

Interesting. I believe if you can make your club into a powerhouse, you should be rewarded. I'm not saying you get a ton of high potential players, but one 4 or 5 star player here and there would be nice.

thats true mate. i mean look at englands ranking there lol. i even use genie scout to search them, and England is dominated over more Brazilians, Spanish and french regens lmao.

I snagged two 4 star regens in my first season as Arsenal, my future Leftback and hopefully my future Striker (good finishing and heading, poor other technical skills) from my youth system, yay! Also, I guess Issac Hayden got lucky and seems to have a relatively high PA, so he's been progressing well. As for signing other youths, I offered and signed two youths (paid the transfer fee instead of stealing them) cause they were English. I have no qualms about stealing from other countries tho, as I'm going to try and steal a 4.5 star AM regen :/

How long did it take you to set up and produce decent players. I am about to start my second season with Napoli, and my youth facilities are almost done be upgraded. I just got my first batch of youth players and no one had even decent potential. Is it possible to make a la Masia and produce wondekids?

I have currently reached 2018 with Stade Rennais who have one of the best academies in France and probably Europe too. Although there were some decent youngsters at the start I have noticed a major jump in quality in recent seasons. 3-4 potential world class players and perhaps a title-challenging squad in five years. With my current first team squads overhaul complete (two Ligue 1 titles in a row and a CL win) I don't see any need to buy a player in the next 6-7 seasons. If anybody then a only a new goalie.

One thing I suggest doing is to take a hard look at your youngsters and their positions. There are quite a few regens that have excellent stats, but not for their natural position. This guy for example:View attachment 214817

He started as a leftback but is naturally much more suited to playing at centreback. I've had him trained to natural CB in a year.

I always tell myself that I don't need to buy any new players....until a couple players either demand a higher wage due to interest from other clubs which I cannot afford or want to move to a bigger club.

yeaaah. wuts the deal with that club anyways? strange why they produce that good....Clairfontaine that is. I mean. :)

Last edited:
I gave up on investing into my own youth completely, its just pointless money drain. 99% of time all i get is junk. It only gets somewhat reliable once you've got everything maxed and a global reputation (so 3-5 biggest clubs basicallly) that would attract youngsters.

Its much more reliable and effective to invest in your scout networks and handpick up young talents from all over the world. Strangely enough, thats what everyone IRL does as well, unless they are Barcelona.