Reaction score
Ascension - English Network League - Updated 9/01/2012 please read for updates! Thank you.

All players currently in the game (2nd post) or wanting to join this season need to Pm me before 7.30 pm so that the correct game data can be altered.

Pm's with server details will be sent out to all players at or before 8.30 pm.

All players need to be logged into Hamachi by 8.45 pm.

Network League game begins today 9.00 pm and will run until 12pm (may change) GMT 9/01/2012. Once the season has begun and we have the final list of players for that season a gaming schedule will be created. ;)

It's guaranteed we will run into problems on the first launch, getting Hamachi to work for us all, connection issues etc. but once this is overcome the session will be eventful, hopefully.

Players will only be added at the beginning of each session due to transfer kitty and salary alteration. Once the season has started new players will not be added until the next season. Sorry.

This league will have rules to allow fair game play, please read the whole post.

Football Manager 2012 version 12.0.4. Please make sure you have the correct version before joining.

Leagues to be added into the game:

English

Settings:

Custom database - Large
Players from top clubs – Europe
Players with national reputation – South America

Approximate Player Count: 32,000

View attachment 214940

Advanced Options:
Game Start Date is July 2011

View attachment 214941

Overall Rules:

Rules to know before you want to be considered for this league: (I am open to additional rules, please pm me if you have a rule I have not covered and I may add it to the list before we begin)

1. No swearing or profanity (name calling) towards other players is acceptable in this league - You can use bad language if your team is loosing (we’re not kids) but please don’t go over board or you will be removed from the game and your name will be taken off the list of players.

2. Minimum of 2 seasons per team unless you are sacked.

3. Please read in game rules (below).

4. Force Continue will be used at 60% 3 minutes (when 60% of players have pressed continue the game will commence after 3 minutes regardless). Please note this may be changed so that the game runs faster for all players involved.

5. Poaching is not allowed unless the manager (player) approves. Please ask permission before scouting a player on a human team.

6. Mature players please, see the third post. - Chess is very similar to football actually, you still employ tactics do you not.

In Game Rules:
Each team is given a total of 1 hour to setup their teams including, formations, buying staff / players, training, offering players for transfer, setting up scouts, searching for players.

Transfer Kitty and Salary
(updated 9/01/2012)

Each team will be given a transfer kitty of exactly 50m or £50,000,000 and the wage salary will be increased by 500k or £500,000, regardless of their team. This allows for fairness. Remember – this will not mean you can purchase any players to your likening, the player you buy depends on your team reputation!

You can now purchase and sell/release unlimited players and staff members. I was a little harsh introducing this (the idea was to generally to quicken the game play for all players).

Allowance for transfers

Monthly transfer rule allowance – Each team is allowed to buy a total of 5 players and 5 staff + 4 scouts per transfer window. You are allowed to dismiss up to 2 members of staff per transfer window, including Assistant Managers, but your allowance is the same as above – Example, you dismiss an Assistant Manager for your club, you still have 5 staff you can employ not 6. Your player selling is unlimited.

Monthly Instalments

Monthly Instalments – Only 12 month instalments are allowed for transfers, the limit is your transfer kitty. Be aware if you use your entire transfer kitty in one purchase, and then do not meet the requirements of the board you may be sacked (see you’ve been sacked).

Please note: Permanent Shortlist Players is now not going to be used due to the amount of players in the league it would be hard to control each season.

Permanent Shortlist Player

At the beginning of each transfer window I will ask players for their Permanent Shortlist Player. Permanent Shortlist Player’s are an option given to players in this league that grants you immunity from other players over purchasing a certain individual. You choose one entity per transfer window; this player is permanently added to your shortlist (by you) for a total of 1 year. If you do not purchase the individual within that time or 2 transfer windows, that individual will once again be available on the open market. You cannot permanently shortlist a player more than once. - This option is dependant on amount of players in the Network League.

Holiday
– You are allowed to go on holiday for a total of 2 months per year. You are not allowed to go on holiday indefinitely. If your team is left to be managed by the AI indefinitely I will sack you from the game (see you’ve been sacked).

You’ve been sacked
– You've been sacked! you will have to use the ‘jobs centre’ if you wish to play as another team. Please note you can only apply for manager jobs for teams that lie within the bottom of the table! Example: if you went Manchester United and got sacked as manager you would have to choose a team below 10th​ position in the league. Same for all leagues - dependant on size of the league.

If you agree to the rules set by the admin please reply to this thread using this format: (all player’s past experience is set to ‘international player’).

Player Name:
Player Team:
Player DOB: (
1986+)
Favourite Team:

Cheaters will be sacked from the game. Any unusual transfers, you may be removed. This allows for fair play to all players participating in this network.

Server Time:
GMT – The game will be run 3 times per week. Times are not disclosed yet; this depends on the amount of players in the league.

Please note, I will always have a game back up saved. If for any reason I am unable to run the server, the back up will be given to a member of the league who I deem fit. They will continue to run the game with me placed on holiday.

The game rules state if a manager is on holiday for longer than 2 months or indefinitely he will be sacked, this also applies to me.

Please be aware this is now English Only league. Keep tuned for the Hamachi server.

Last edited:
Current Players: (If you are here you need to pm me before 7.30 pm today latest!)

danbeheredroid - Manchester City - Confirmed
BobbyMontana - Manchester United - Confirmed
NeonNz - Chelsea - Confirmed (you are registered on the network)
AlexTudi - Arsenal
Lylinho - Tottenham Hotspur
Chris Louca - Liverpool
Michael Stewart - Aston Villa -
James - Newcastle -
Moustafa Ali CHotza -
Mmashraf - Stoke City - Confirmed
Alan Walton - Sunderland - Confirmed

Last edited:
No its a game of football. Rules are used so everyone plays fair. You don't have to join. I dont see a post from you longer than 10 words? Maybe instead of criticising peoples ideas you should make a thread of your own. Then maybe I'll pass by and drop a 10 year olds comment, who knows?

Player Name: NeoNz
Player Team: Chelsea
Player DOB: 1993
Favourite Team: Chelsea

Player Name: Lyle van der Berg
Player Team: Man Utd
Player DOB:
4 May 1980
Favourite Team: Man Utd

Hope i can still join, my internet was trolling me

Player Name:AlexTudi
Player Team:Arsenal
Player DOB: 26.06.1985

Favourite Team: Arsenal

Player Name: Lylinho
Player DOB:
4 May 1980

Player Name: Lylinho
Player DOB:
4 May 1980

Hopefully. It should work ok over Hamachi.

Please choose another team, Man Utd are already taken.

i'll just play ur rules & still beat u.. wer do i find the version ur playin with? i have 12.1.1
Player Name: David Mills
Player Team: Liverpool
1986+) 1986
Favourite Team: Liverpool

yo, are you still going to post the Hamachi settings?

Hamachi settings are sent via pm to prevent trolling of the server.

Check your pm. ;)

Anyone having trouble connecting to the server please pm me asap!

hahahahaha u sound like somethin off harry potter u plantpot i'll join someone elses then no big problem

Player Name: Chris Louca
1986+) 18 sept1982

loadsa experience even tried to host my own network game but my laptop aint upto hotsing games, am as committed as they come hope this one lasts the distance

Player Name: Chris Louca
1986+) 18 sept1982

loadsa experience even tried to host my own network game but my laptop aint upto hotsing games, am as committed as they come hope this one lasts the distance

Sorry Chris.

Game will now be hosted tomorrow due to a few problems at my end too.

i'll add you to the 2nd post for tomorrow.