LukeGame

Reaction score
Im Saints and have just got promoted to prem after finnishing 2nd in league. Have around 16m to spend. Any Ideas on who to sign not only to stay in prem but to actually challenge for top half finnish?

Scan the relegated teams for bargains! Sign a top notch goalie, He'll help no matter what! I signed ter Stegen in my first season in the prem with cardiff, he helped me finished 8th. He cost me 10 mil

Thanks for the replie ill give the relegated teams a look and hopefully pick up some bargins. The henry comment was a tad random but thanks for that also lol.:)) Any other imput from you football fans out there would be nice:)

Look through the Transfer-Listed players, you will find a plethora of top players for your side. What positions do you need to strengthen most??

Lorenzo Crisetig should be around on a free signing, if you are in the summer of 2013...If you need a solid CB, look at Even Hovland...I paid about 800K for him in my first season with cardiff, worth over 5 mil now. Make sure you hold onto Jack Cork, and assign him to learn defensive duties and slap him at right back, he's wonderful!

when i got promoted with birmingham i signed adam johnson, marcus berg,darron gibson and a left back whos name escapes me then just got loan deals to get through played ten and im in 7th. gibson and johnson are great

Wow thanks for the feed back peeps. So far ive brought in Jos Hooiveld for 250k and stephen kelly for 1m, had these two on loan last season and did very well. Other signings are seb larsson 5m, mark wilson loan, john fleck loan and martin petrov and michael owen on frees. Only played two friendly's so far but won both with owen scoring 4 against nottingham forrest. :))

Four games into season and im in 12th. 1-1 with blackburn at home, lost 4-1 to everton away, 1-1 with chelsea at home and won 2-1 away to newcastle and won in 2nd round of league cup 2-1 against coventry. Lallana has been very good and has 3 goals this season. lambert is quiet and owen as expected is injured lol. Not a bad start imo:)) Thoughts?

seems like you've made a good start! Generally if you can finish around 8-12th in the first season thats a good start. Will give you enough money to buy some top players to push for 4-8 next year then who knows! :)

I'm sitting in 3rd with Cardiff in my second season in the prem, it's impossible to catch manchester united and city at the moment though.

Look out for some good free-agents in the 2013-14 summer, i signed - Gago and sturridge on free's that summer! was wonderful sturridge is a beast.

Will defo keep an eye out for sturridge on a free, was taking a look at him at the start of this season but he isnt interested in little old southampton atm. Thanks for your help:)

sturridge would be good to sign i tried him on loan but he was having none of it in my first season promoted maybe european football will tempt him im 9th now after 12 played with birmingham. a 2-0 loss to west brom didnt go down to well tho :D