gintonpar

Reaction score
Basically - in my 4th season with Newcastle, won the prem, UEFA cup, League cup and FA cup last season, they were my first trophies.

I've been bought out by a chinese tycoon so have infinite money, and my team is:

Luis Guilherme
FB: Romario, El Kaotauri
CBs: Varade, Papadopolous
Midfielderss: Hamsik/Cabaye/Wilshere/Gotze/Weiss/Hazard/Adryan
Strikers: Fierro, Kadlec, Sanogo (But he is wrecked because of injury) and the beast Javier Hernandez

Basically, last year I won the league with more or less il devastato. Then I used Johnson and Weiss as traditional wingers, before bringing in Hazard, Hernandez, varade and Papadopolous during the transfer window. I now picked up Gotze in the summer and sold Johnson.

ANYWAY - my logic is that I want to find a tactic that fits these players, gets the most out of Hamsik who I quite like, and I'm open to new tactics.

Leaning towards various interpretations of 4-5-1 I'd guess, with Hernandez by himself?

Any ideas welcome!

hey i wonder what tactic you use to won premier league n cup with newcastle?

Why not use à flat 4411 or Wide 4231 formation.

Last edited:
Gotze and Hazard don't particularly likeplaying as sidemidfielders in a flat 4411. I've been playing around a little with 4-2-3-1s but it doesn't seem to work like I want it. I'd quite like to play high up the pitch, lots of quick passing and movement, but I find that hard to tweak.

Also Hazard and Gotze, at least at the moment, don't seem to have just the sheer pace and danger of Weiss and Johnson, though il devastato suited them very well.

In answer to you, fishy, I used il devastato, its on this forum give it a search.

ive been experimenting with a 2-4-1-2-1 formation with some pretty good results

2x CBs
2x Winbacks
2x DM
1x CM
2x AM
1x ST

4-6-0 Barca style :).Flase Nine role to AMC.AMR,AML insinde forwards.1 adv playmaker 1 deeplying, anchor man,2 WBs or FBs.Sweeper Keeper and two CDs :).

Cheers folks. Lipe will try that out. Oof, that 4-6-0 sounds crazy, how did you go about making it? And Harriers how is your season going with that tactic?

I usually get a result at home against the good teams, but often struggle away. Think I'm gonna need some more beef in the midfield

How do you have that team with Newcastle? :O