Raikan007's "Swoop there it Is" 433 Dm tactic

Hey Raikan should I change my team passing instructions to more direct when playing away from home. I have followed your advice on using counter, dropping the defensive line to deep and I have used all the shouts that you have suggested. The problem is that my passes are being cut out by the opposition players. I am playing with Arsenal

What do you think about Ramsey in the advance playmaker - attack role. I think he might be the weak link in my midfield. Who would you recommend for that position

Hey Raikan should I change my team passing instructions to more direct when playing away from home. I have followed your advice on using counter, dropping the defensive line to deep and I have used all the shouts that you have suggested. The problem is that my passes are being cut out by the opposition players. I am playing with Arsenal

What do you think about Ramsey in the advance playmaker - attack role. I think he might be the weak link in my midfield. Who would you recommend for that position

yes, that is a must! thought I had mentioned that... sorry!

he should be great there! Jadson/Yttergard Jennsen/Eriksen/Ganso/Seedorf should all be great there :)

dude, never seen that before in my life! something you doing must be wrong (no offence) change the tactic, try and play some really easy friendlies to get morale back up!
No offence taken mate! Thx for the reply, i made a couple tweaks as you suggested and i hope things will pick up in the near future. It's the second Everton game i started btw, for the first one i used your ccc perfection tactic with some minor tweaks to suit the players i had and i have to say it was one of the most fun games i have had so far in fm 2012. Just to point out that i'm definitely not dissing your tactics. :)

I'll let you know how things go from now on.

Thx, keep up the good work!

I hope this one works mate! sorry for the loss! sometimes the AI just gives you a shot where the sun dont shine :)

all the best and I look forward to some (hopefully positive) feedback!

please also point out the mistakes and things you think are not working! I have not tested it 100% to be honest! It has worked really well with every team I have used it with but they all were good players etc :)

I look forward to your results and comments!

glad the CCC one worked well

they are two completely different tactics :) however, the Short and Sweet playing at home and this away with all the countering tweaks could work very well! however, the Might and Magic tactic 442 works a treat away with S&S at home :)

give it a shot, let me know :)

Thanks.

I'm Man Utd btw but I like to use Hernández upfront and with an AMC or an MC AP so that's why I don't use 442's. Do you think Rooney would play well at MC AP if I retrained him there?

Do you reckon Pure Perfection would be a good choice with this away from home? I guess I could use Might & Magic away from home if you think that's the best in away situations. I heard you have made an improved version of PP?

Last edited:
Hey man, I'm not even close to giving up on this tactic for my Everton squad and i have been looking into the specific instructions for each position to see what changes might work well. What is your reasoning behind the fact that both fullbacks are on man marking and both central defenders are on tight, zonal marking? (I hope i get the translations right since i play the game in Dutch.)

Grtz!

Raikan:
How do you use your new tweaks; free scoring? Only on home games or even on away games?

Raikan would you recommend using a rigid philosophy with a counter strategy instead of fluid/counter. I read in another thread that that using rigid is better when playing a counter strategy. I am not a tactical genius like yourself so I seek your advice in this area.

Thanks. I just realised that S&S wouldn't suit my team so I won't be using that. I'm Man Utd btw but I like to use Hernández upfront and with an AMC or an MC AP so that's why I don't use 442's. Do you think Rooney would play well at MC AP if I retrained him there? Do you reckon Pure Perfection would be a good choice with this away from home? I guess I could use Might & Magic away from home if you think that's the best in away situations. I heard you have made an improved version of PP?

Rooney is the balls there I must say, I have used him there a few times and not even competent and he has over 7.2 ave ratings! if you use this tactic, play Rooney either Aml or retrained Mcl and Hernandez upfront! Yeah, it could be :) the M&M is good for both really :) its even better at home! however, I like playing Possession at home :) hahaha! how did you hear?

Last edited:
Hey man, I'm not even close to giving up on this tactic for my Everton squad and i have been looking into the specific instructions for each position to see what changes might work well. What is your reasoning behind the fact that both fullbacks are on man marking and both central defenders are on tight, zonal marking? (I hope i get the translations right since i play the game in Dutch.)

Grtz!

fullbacks - man/tight marking: forces them to follow the wide players (set with zonal and pressing) in field (cut inside) or against the line (hug touchline) it jockeys the players as in real life! Its one of my main tactical instructions in all my tactics

centrebacks - zonal/tight: so they dont commit and rush out of position, they zonal mark the zone around the player (coupled with team instructions mentioned above) and jockey the player sometimes pushing them out wide away from danger!

I have now designed a zonal and no tight marking centreback combo as well! instead of going for the ball and occassionally missing the tackle leading to chances, the defenders run back and marshal the attacking player (also depending on opp. instructions which should be left on nothing besides show to weaker foot for all strikers)

Raikan would you recommend using a rigid philosophy with a counter strategy instead of fluid/counter. I read in another thread that that using rigid is better when playing a counter strategy. I am not a tactical genius like yourself so I seek your advice in this area.

remember rigid just means that defending players wont partake in attacking moves meaning they will not assist on the counter or push as far forward to create space and chances!
if you have the players like Coleman/Rafael etc who can attack then balanced/fluid is your better option! if you have players like Boulahrouz/Ivanovic (at rb) then rigid may be the better option!

it also comes down to the other team instructions and most importantly, PI's!

rigid: defenders defend only , mids attack/defend and strikers attack only!

fullbacks - man/tight marking: forces them to follow the wide players (set with zonal and pressing) in field (cut inside) or against the line (hug touchline) it jockeys the players as in real life! Its one of my main tactical instructions in all my tactics

centrebacks - zonal/tight: so they dont commit and rush out of position, they zonal mark the zone around the player (coupled with team instructions mentioned above) and jockey the player sometimes pushing them out wide away from danger!

I have now designed a zonal and no tight marking centreback combo as well! instead of going for the ball and occassionally missing the tackle leading to chances, the defenders run back and marshal the attacking player (also depending on opp. instructions which should be left on nothing besides show to weaker foot for all strikers)
Cheers for explaining dude! it's fun implementing your tactics but it's even more fun to dig through all the settings once implemented and understand why a certain player is doing what he does. That's a big part of the fun of the game for me at least.
In the same way i noticed you gave free roles (roaming) to the MCL and AMR but not to the AML. When creating my own tactics i always use same settings for players in the same position. E.g. I would have put both wingers on roaming duty and not the MC or the other way around but i get where you're coming from and i like changing it up now too.

If i find the time i'll try out your new tactic in some save i have going. I'll keep you posted.

Rooney is the balls there I must say, I have used him there a few times and not even competent and he has over 7.2 ave ratings!

if you use this tactic, play Rooney either Aml or retrained Mcl and Hernandez upfront!

Yeah, it could be :) the M&M is good for both really :) its even better at home! however, I like playing Possession at home :) hahaha! how did you hear? I have actually, got icykiller testing it out as he asked me! he won 8:1 vs Lorient in his first game with it with a red card!

here is the tactic if anyone would like to test it?

Awesome Amc:

Awesome AMC (Shakhtar, Jul 2011).tac

If anyone decides to use it, please keep SS for me as I am not curently playing Fm alot and if it works, would like to upload it! Its definately not even close to 100% completed but I was having excellent results with it :)

Thanks for the advice :)

I seen on your profile in your conversation section lol.

the Macclesfield SS was my Short and Sweet tactic :) not this one! 86% possession!

You got some pretty nice tactics for FM12, Raikan. I think I will try this one first for my Luton Town team. I'm playing later today and can't wait. I usually always tend to score a lot but also concede a lot of goals. Hopefully I will continue to score, but the defence will get tighter...:)

Wow!!

I got some time now to play before I go to the movies and watch "Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol".

Im managing Luton and England. The season is 2020/2021. My first games with this tactics is two games with England. First England beat Macedonia 2-1 away. 22-3 shots. Ok I guess.Then England went crazy at Wembley. :)

View attachment 219282View attachment 219489View attachment 219490

11-0 and 9 goals by Gallstone. I once had a player who scored six goals for me, but this was insane! Luton seems to enjoy football much more. We are in the Premiership and it's our fourth season there. The defence especially has improved a lot in just a short time. I'm really looking forward to the future now.

Last edited: