Reaction score
Hello Mongs. (K)

In this thread i will show you my Mourinho-esque tactics i have tried to create. Please note that i am no super manager. Nor am I as my username says 'The Real Mourinho' so please when giving criticism be nice and constructive. :)

Chelsea:
Formation - 4-3-3/4-5-1
Pitch Size - Standard - Maximum.
Patch Tested On - 11.2.1

chelseachelseatactics.png

GK- Goalkeeper - Defend.
Fullbacks- Fullback - Attack.
Centerhalves- Central Defender - Defend.
DM- Defensive Midfielder- Defend.
LCM- Advanced Playmaker - Attack.
RCM- Ball Winning Midfielder - Support.
LW- Winger - Attack.
RW- Inside Forward - Attack.
ST- Target Man - Attack.

This is as you can see a very English type of tactic. Lots of long balls to the target man, who in this case holds up the ball for the on coming midfielders and fullbacks. The two wingers swap frequently to keep the opposition guessing. The LW is set on Winger but moves into channels. Another thing i have tried to achieve with this tactic is Lampard hitting his highs of the Mourinho Era in which he score 19,20 goals from midfield. Of course this is a different situation because he has aged but below shows the results i have got from him. At times he is like an attacking mid in behind the ST.

franklampardprofileattr.png

Below is the league table.

barclayspremierleaguein.png

As you can see i have finished first with ease. My only loss came away from home to Birmingham 1-0. Only conceding 12 through out the whole season was a massive success ( IRL in the 04-05 season they only conceded 15. ) and scoring 69 ;) was also great as we were only bettered my 2nd and 3rd spots.

Here is the link.

View attachment 145983

Inter tactic is now released for testing.

Due to the high amount of request i have decided to release my Inter tactic for testing only. Please keep in mind that it is not a completed tactic therefore it may or may not produce results. When testing is complete I will edit the OP. :)

Inter:
Formation - 4-2-3-1
Pitch Size - Standard - Maximum.
Patch Tested On - 11.2.1 & 11.3

Enjoy.

View attachment 162839

Last edited:
Great! I'll give this a go as i'm still on 11.2.1

as i see it i think that Mourinho is more like a defensive manager and hes team focusing on counter attacking football.
sorry for my bad english oO)

cheers!

I have the same tactics mate! but I use counter instead, LW as support, STC and RW swap & lampard as support as he ages. lampard gets his 20 goals mostly from PKs

This looks good mate, I'll have a go with it after I have finished my Spurs save, recommend a team for this tactic?

Good work! Let us know how it works for you in the 11.3 patch.
For now, I haven't really noticed a big shift - I'm using the same tactic in all my saves (quite boring, but it seems to suit all my teams) and results are mostly the same, if not better.
Keep it up!

This looks good mate, I'll have a go with it after I have finished my Spurs save, recommend a team for this tactic?

cheers man ,
you will need a good target man and and a solid defence for it to work well.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:33 PM ----------

anyone elsee ? :)

Last edited:
For my Chelsea team I use the same formation, but I set:
When Torres is playing 'poacher'
When Drogba's playing 'target man/attack'
It gets the best out of them in my opinion :)

For my Chelsea team I use the same formation, but I set:
When Torres is playing 'poacher'
When Drogba's playing 'target man/attack'
It gets the best out of them in my opinion :)

this is based on mourinho's tactic at chelsea,
so the strikers role is target man as we did not have Torres. :)

Yeah it's still early.. But i just beat Werder Bremen 4-0 at home :O

im just starting with atletico madrid and im not sure what tactic to use, would this one work with them?

Trying this now with my Valencia team, Looks good so far and the team is still getting used to the tactic.

Definately brings Hazard and Suarez into play from the wings and Llorente is banging in up front.

Need a quick defensive midfielder i think, hence why i got mohammed Sissoko, plays amazing.

Might try Liverpool with this tactic or would it not work? Also what is the match prep?