Status
Not open for further replies.

Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I decided I would start a game with a random country in the lowest league and try to get them into the highest division within 5 years, and then beyond? (I am juggleing this with my Real Madrid FM-Base Champions League games) I decided to choose Scotland as my country, due to me being half Scottish so I know all the Scottish teams but have never managed any lower Division 1. While looking through the Div. 3 teams, I came across Livingston with a valuation of £850k [Loan £875k], and it went from there..

2009/10 - I started better then I thought, my team was good enough to reach promotion but I decided to make a lot of free signings just to strengthen my squad.

TRANSFERS

It was an excellent season with automatic promotion being reached by 12 points.

LEAGUE

2009/10 - I decided to release a lot of the players I kept on the bench in Div. 3 and spent a bit of cash. I was expecting a tough challenge, and gave myself 2 years to get in Division one, I hope I surprise myself!

TRANSFERS

Well I certainly surprised myself, and possibly the whole footballing world, I reached promotion this season with an unbeaten run which lasted all season! Never on FM have I managed to stay unbeaten all year, I think it was down to the transfers and having a big squad. I also had Top Scorer, Most Assists & Highest Ratings, which was good.

LEAGUE

2010/11 - Decided to go all out and sign lots of free's from EPL and Championship sides, considering I was given a nice wage budget of £60k a week. It's currently 19th Sept. Managed to get away with 17 good signings all for an amazing £0, while shipping out 21 players for a sweet £300k. Considering how good the competition is this year I could only realistically aim for promotion within 2 years, but I hope all goes well.

TRANSFERS

Well we've enjoyed an exciting start to the year, unbeaten after 7 games 5(w) 2(d). Here are the results.

Dumbarton - Challenge Cup (r1) 5-0
Clyde (d1) 2-1
Peterhead - CIS Cup (r1) 5-0
Queen of South (d1) 1-0
Arbroath - Challenge Cup (r2) 3-1
Dunfermline (d1) 1-0

St. Mirren (d1) 1-1
Inverness - CIS Cup (r2) 2-1
Morton (d1) 0-0
Dundee (d1) 1-0
Dunfermline - Challenge Cup (r3) 0-0p
Partick Thistle (d1) 2-0

I will keep everyone up to date with my progress, I'm hoping for big things after this superb start! Maybe even a place in Europe through the CIS cup? Who knows, please leave me your comments!

What can I say, we're a very good team. :p

One question, how good is Andy Halliday on that game and what position does he play??

Very well done, who was your top goal scorer???

Last edited:
The top goalscorer was Rune Lange, signed him from Hartlepool for free.

Also Halliday isn't very good to be honest, I have never played him myself, and released him at the start of the season.

Any more questions guys just let me know! :)

Recent Matches:
Motherwell - CIS Cup 2-3
Heffernan, Taylor-Fletcher. (They scored in 92nd minute!)

East Fife (d1) 2-1
Woods, C. Morrison

Last edited:
He is A LOT better than that IRL, Hearts and Burnley were looking at buying him at the start of this season. He is also a left winger, not a striker IRL.

He is A LOT better than that IRL, Hearts and Burnley were looking at buying him at the start of this season. He is also a left winger, not a striker IRL.

Ah, well the update I'm using doesn't change his stats so maybe on FM10 they will improve him..

One freakin word. Wow. Lol, this is a good achievement to get Livingston 3 successive promotions :) I done it with AFC Wimbledon and definetly not easy :p Well done to you! :D

Thanks :) I think I'm screwed now though, I'm in the SPL with a budget of only £425k and £62k wages. I don't know if I can do it :S

That should be more than enough. Most other SPL teams only get about 100k-250k. Look at some loanees from the Premiership and some cheap-ish youngsters from the likes of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs.

Lol if only I was rich, Akinfeev's contract runs out in 5 weeks. I put in an offer for £6.25k a week, a guy can dream.

Also before I forget, here is a screenshot of last years league, I think I did pretty well.

This year I'll keep you all up to with a update every month or so.

buy a few players from the irish league

LOL! LOL! LOL! Sorry but this is too funny.

You have to check this out! Aparently my reputation is now world class, even though I'm on a part time contract of £210 a week... Sweet, should I stay or should I go? :p

stay and finish off ur journey with livingston

Yeah I rejected the offer.

So far my major signings are:

Wilfred Bouma
Kenny Miller
David Healy
George Boyd
Coutinho

Could somebody recommend a goalkeeper? Because I just had to sell Ben Alnwick to Man City for £1M

Yeah I rejected the offer.

So far my major signings are:

Wilfred Bouma
Kenny Miller
David Healy
George Boyd
Coutinho

Could somebody recommend a goalkeeper? Because I just had to sell Ben Alnwick to Man City for £1M

Chris Smith, Graeme Smith (Motherwell) or Jamie Langfield.

Possibly Tim Krul, but he might be a regular in the Premiership by now.

I managed to bring in Mihaylov on a 250k Ln deal.

Could somebody explain what on earth just happened to my finances? Here's some screenshots..

I havn't spent above my budget, and I had already asked for extra funds to complete 2 last Chelsea deals, but my chairman just injected £19.75M into my team.. Where did it come from? :S

Now my balance randomly returned to £2.99M , how odd :S

Anyway just played the first game of the season against Kilmarnock.

Drew 1-1 at Home. Goal coming from Kenny Miller

September Update:

Interesting start to the season for Livi, bringing in 18 players, to the value of £3.9M and relieving the services of 9 players, making the club £3.2M has meant that it's all change here at Almondvale.

The Livingston manager decided to appoint former Premier League full back Stuart Parnaby as captain for the season.

Andy Burns then rejected any reports linking him with a £65k-a-week deal at Manchester United, by signing a very lucrative £2k, 1 year extension with Livingston.

Livingston started the season with 2 wins, 2 draws and an away defeat to Hibs.

Kilmarnock (SPL) 1-1 [Miller]
Ross County (SPL) 1-1 [Ferry]
Motherwell (SPL) 2-1 [Healy, Boyd]
Partick Thistle (CIS) 4-0 [Coutinho, Alberti, O'Halloran, Boyd]
Hibernian (SPL) 2-4 [Miller,2]

Disaster hit Livingston on deadline day as they rushed to sign 2 goalkeepers (Neil Alexander, Brian Jensen) after number 1. Mihaylov picked up an injury and number 2. Kodobocz was loaned out)

Although certainly the highlight of this transfer window is Livingston signing former Inter and current Brazil youth wonderkid Coutinho on a free transfer upon being released by Inter only a season after they paid £3.5M for him from Vasco, big things are expected from this youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.