Jake89

FM or Revision? Hmm.....
Reaction score
After struggling to find a team I click with lately I think I have finally found the one, Fulham. Really enjoying this game so far and I don't want to put it down !

Aims for the season are to finish in the top half, perhaps even a European spot again, and to reach the semi-final of one of the cups.

First of all I noticed there was a lot of average players in the team who were worth a decent bit of cash, so I offloaded a lot of players looking to bring in a mixture of experience and class.

View attachment 22555

Bringing in £22m I was very pleased also freeing up a large wage bill. Zamora is pretty awful on this game despite his form in real life so thought I would let him go too. The other players were nothing I was going to lose sleep over.

Initially offered for Gibson on loan for some backup to the centre midfield but they wanted £2m for the year so thought I might as well sign him and see how he develops. So far proved to be a pretty good singing, holding down a first team place at the moment. Melchiot and Booth were brought in for experience at the back in what was going to be a long season with Europa League football too. Krivets and Castro will offer some didferent options in the attack, with a bit more creativity, pace and flair than the usual Fulham wingers. Then the big one, Milevskyi. Massive signing which shows the intent of Fulham and where they are aiming to be.

Tactically I was going to rotate between 3 different tactics, all with the same 4-5-1 formation. One for winnable games where I can attack the opponent, one for close games where I will be cautious early on and try to sneak wins, and one for counter attacking better teams. I am putting a massive focus on set pieces with some big players at the back and Milevskyi also more than capable in the air.

August

Fulham 5 v 0 Sevojno (Johnson x3, Hughes, Murphy) EURO Cup 3rd qual.
Sevojno 0 v 4 Fulham (Dempsey x2, Hangeland, O.G)
Hull City 1 v 2 Fulham (Milevskyi, Konchesky)
Fulham 3 v 1 Legia (Dempsey x2, Murphy) EURO Cup 4th qual.
Tottenham 1 v 1 Fulham (Milevskyi)
Legia 2 v 3 Fulam (Dempsey, Castro, O.G) EURO Cup 4th qual.
Fulham 1 v 3 Liverpool (Milevskyi)
Fulham 4 v 0 Portsmouth (Milevskyi, Duff, Krivets, Greening)

Overall a very good month, sitting 6th in the league with a good result at Spurs and unlucky not to get more from the Liverpool game. Safely made it through to the Europa league group stage where I was drawn with Roma, Heerenveen and Aberdeen.

View attachment 22559

Player of the month : Dempsey - 5 goals 2 assists and 3 MOTM in his 7 games.

View attachment 22560

Result of the month : 4-0 thumping of Portsmouth showed what we can do.

View attachment 22561

Also secured the future servies of Tore Reginiussen who will be joining us on January the 1st, he will add valuable depth to the defense in what will hopefully be a busy period after christmas.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and that you will follow. All advice welcome :)

you could have gotten more for those players you sold. good luck :)

Good luck! Doing a Fulham story myself (check it out) so will follow this ;)

You've done well in transfer market bringing in 22 million for some pretty poor players allowing you to add some decent players, Milevskyi looks like he could be a star player for you this season but you seem to have goals coming from all over the team which is always good to have.

Set pieces as a main focus is something i'll be interested to see how that one plays out, I'm lucky to score 3 goals from corners and freekicks all season unless the freekick is smashed home, Will add alot to your team if you can get that sorted.Normally the best chance of picking something up against the top sides so i hope you do better than be with set pieces, You'll struggle to do any worse.

A spot in Europe is possible i would think if you can keep Milevskyi and Dempsey fit and scoring and the rest of your team keep popping up with goals for you, The cups are always a possiblity if you can get home ties you could make the final and then its anyones game.You've got a good shot at progressing in the Europa League too with Roma being the only one who you might struggle with.

Will follow and good luck.

Thanks for the feedback, will be playing the next month now.

@cmh :- No I couldn't, I tried selling them at higher prices but nobody was interested so brought it down slowly until there were offers, I know what i'm doing :p

@noobito :- The set pieces is working quite well so far, Konchesky has a few, Hangeland and Hughes also have one each and Milevskyi scored one from a corner too. The own goals were also from corners put into the danger area and some good pressure resulted in them smashing the ball into their own net ! What I do is send the ball to the far post, where I have my 3 best headers of the ball and also put a decent headerer on the near post for flick ons, incase the corner is messed up. Also have a pretty big player challenging the keeper, this results in the ball being knocked around the box a bit and the defenders panicking.

Hope this helps you !

Matthew Booth = Good player. Played very well for Sundowns on FM 09

SEPTEMBER

Fulham 2 -2 Wolves (Milevskyi, Murphy)
Fulham 1-1 Roma (Kamara) EURO Cup Group
Blackburn 0 - 3 Fulham (Dempsey, Gibson, Milevskyi)
Liverpool 1-0 Fulham LEAGUE CUP
Fulham 1-1 Aston Villa (Etuhu)
Aberdeen 0 - 4 Fulham (Johnson x2, Gibson, Castro)

Relatively good month in which I was unbeaten in the premier league. Disappointing against Wolves though, they scored a last minute equaliser after I was denied a penalty. Also 2 good results in the Europa league which pleased me. Unforutnately am out of the League Cup after a tough tie against Liverpool away, hoping for a better draw in the FA Cup.

Player of the month :- Darron Gibson - 2 goals, including the goal of the month, and some solid performances from the young irish international has made him a very popular signing with the fans.

View attachment 22659

Performance of the month :- Blackburn 0 - 3 Fulham - Has to be the demolition of Blackburn at Ewood Park. Usually such a solid team at home, played the tactics perfectly to counter against them with the pace of my attack.

View attachment 22660

Would also like to mention the awards for Gibson and Milevskyi, earning young player and player of the month respectively. Well done lads, keep it up !

I just finished my first season with Fulham, I got to the semi finals of the Europa League and finished 7th in the league qualified for the Europa League as a results, I did completely re-shuffle the squad though. Keep hold of Hangeland though as he is amazing.

Nice reults. Could do better with the draws in the league though.

Well done, did pretty well to hold of villa, they're not an easy side to be up against so well done.:)

Brilliant how you made 22M with Fulham, Could get in the top 4 if you play your cards right :p good luck

Good results there hope you manage the cash well!

Thanks for the feedback, will be playing the next month now.

@cmh :- No I couldn't, I tried selling them at higher prices but nobody was interested so brought it down slowly until there were offers, I know what i'm doing :p

@noobito :- The set pieces is working quite well so far, Konchesky has a few, Hangeland and Hughes also have one each and Milevskyi scored one from a corner too. The own goals were also from corners put into the danger area and some good pressure resulted in them smashing the ball into their own net ! What I do is send the ball to the far post, where I have my 3 best headers of the ball and also put a decent headerer on the near post for flick ons, incase the corner is messed up. Also have a pretty big player challenging the keeper, this results in the ball being knocked around the box a bit and the defenders panicking.

Hope this helps you !

I'll give it a go Jhopper, I average 3 goals a game right now on my Bradford City game without set pieces so if i can add that to my game i will dominate even more, Most my players are short though apart from Onuoha and Richards so i may struggle alittle but its worth a shot.

You have had some decent results over Blackburn and Aberdeen the draw with Villa was nice, Wolves result could have been better but those weaker sides can be a right pain at times, Only 0-1 to Liverpool and a draw with Roma isnt too bad, You dont conceed may so if you can score a few more goals you should climb up the league.

Yeh the main aim I set myself was to be a ******* of a team to beat ! And I think the big teams, bar United, have felt that with draws against Roma, Spurs and Villa and Liverpool lucky to get both wins over me so far.

Don't think I will come anywhere near the top 4 but perhaps I can sneak into a Europa League spot, although Man City, Spurs, Everton and Villa provide some stiff competion for a top 7 finish !

OCTOBER

First thing to note this month was the signing of Aron Gunarrson from Coventry for £2.2m. He will join the squad in January and looks like he has the potential to be a great player for Fulham as he fits into the system perfectly. We are also short of numbers in the centre of the park with Melchiot having to play there when fielding a second string team for cup games.

Man United 5 - 1 Fulham (Murphy)
Fulham 1 - 1 Sunderland (Milevskyi)
Fulham 3 - 0 Heerenveen (Dempsey, Greening, Castro)
Fulham 1 - 0 Wigan (Dempsey)
Stoke 3 - 1 Fulham (Castro)

Not a great month with 2 losses, 1 draw and just the 1 win in the premier league. Sunderland nicked a late point after I dominated them which was very disappointing.

Player of the month :- Dempsey - Great form again from the american as he scored 2 goals, including a Scholes like volley from the edge of the box from a corner.

View attachment 22751

Performance of the month :- Fulham 3 - 0 Heerenveen - As there were only 2 wins this month it wasn't hard to pick. Good win from a second string team in the Europa League.

View attachment 22752

Just 4 matches next month, but boy are they tricky !! Heerenveen away, Arsenal away, Everton at home and then a trip to Chelsea. Will be more than happy to take a point from either of the away premier league games, and will need to beat Everton to take anything decent out of this month...

NOVEMBER

Heerenveen 1 - 2 Fulham (Booth, Johnson)

Hangeland ruled out for 6-8 weeks - massive blow for the team but Booth is eager to prove he can step up to the plate and try secure a first team place for the future.

Arsenal 1 - 2 Fulham (Milevskyi, Murphy)
Fulham 0 - 0 Everton
Chelsea 3 - 0 Fulham
Roma 2 - 0 Fulham

Was pleased with the away victory in the Europa league and resting the first team worked a treat, going on to beat Arsenal at the Emirates after an absolutely superb display. The players were all on 60% fitness by the end of the game because of how hard they worked, very proud of them. The effort took its toll with a lacklustre 0-0 draw against Everton, but a 4 point return from those 3 tough games pleased me. Unlucky against Chelsea to give away a penalty for them to open the scoring, as until then we had held our own. Had to attack after this goal and got exposed at the back. Not too bothered by the Roma result as having already qualified, rested a majority of the first team players for the next months fixtures.

Have another £6m coming into the club in January from the sales of Dikgacoi and Riise for £2.5m each and Elm for £1m.

Next month looks like being a lot easier with games against Hull, Bolton, Birmingham, West Ham, Burnley, Portsmouth and Aberdeen, as well as a tricky game against Man City. Will be looking to win at least 4 of these games. A home match against Aberdeen will provide the first team with a good rest in what is a very busy month.

Player of the month :- Mark Schwarzer - Fantastic performance against Arsenal and a clean sheet against Everton has meant Schwarzer is this months top player.

View attachment 22771

Performance of the month :- Arsenal 1 - 2 Fulham - Undoubtebly the result of the season so far pulling off a massive shock, especially after going 1-0 down.

View attachment 22776

Thanks for reading, update tomorrow probably.

regarding the transfers, i guess we're on a different patch/version lol. anyway, nice result against arsenal and glad to see that milevskyi's doing well for you :)