My Germany Tactics

Elliot Hirst

Reaction score
I'll start by saying that this isn't an exact emulation of Germany's tactics. The fundamentals are the same, the team play a fast and fluid attacking game. Using this tactic with Germany I won the European Championships with relative ease. The only match I was worried that I wasn't going to win was against Romania as I was trying to rest my starting XI. I have only tested it with Germany so any feedback would be appreciated. Anyway, here's the tactic.

Formation & Instructions:
View attachment 257694
The formation is a wide 4-2-3-1 formation. I'll start from the back. The backline is pretty standard. I kept the backlines instructions as default. I have the left back as WB-Support as you usually see Lahm getting forward more often. Originally I had the CMR as a deep-lying playmaker-Support, but as the Schweinsteiger role, it performed a bit closer as CM-Attack, but I suppose it's a matter of opinion. The two centre mids switch positions to emulate Khedira and Schweinsteiger's alternating between getting forward and covering back. Further forward in midfield you will see three playmakers, left to right there is AP-Attack, Trequartista-Attack and AP-Support. I have the AML as AP-Attack to accomidate the precocious talent of Mario Gotze. Ozil is a trequartista because I feel he drifts around behind the striker being the main creative force of the team. I have Gotze and Ozil switching positions to keep the oposition defence on their toes.

Results:
View attachment 257686View attachment 257687View attachment 257688View attachment 257689View attachment 257690View attachment 257691View attachment 257693View attachment 257696View attachment 257697View attachment 257698

Starting XI:

GK: Manuel Neuer
RB: Christian Trasch
CBL: Mats Hummels
CBR: Benedikt Howedes
LB: Philip Lahm
CML: Sami Khedira
CMR: Bastian Schewinsteiger
AMR: Thomas Muller
AMC: Mesut Ozil
AML: Mario Gotze
STC: Miroslav Klose/Mario Gomez

Additional Information:
-OI's given to assistant manager
-Team Prep is Teamwork and no specific focus. For club teams I would advise very high in preseason and average during the season.
-To use Podolski on the left, I would take away switching with the AMC, untick the creative freedom box and change wing play to cut inside and change the role to winger-attack or inside forward-attack. Same if you want to use Marco Reus on the right wing. I would use Reus more but he's always injured.

Link: Germany emulation tactics.tac

I am going to give this a go with my Arsenal. I love Germany's tactics.

So far so good. 4 wins in a row. 18 goals scored, 5 conceded. Scored 5 against Man City on their home. 5-2 was the final result.

So far so good. 4 wins in a row. 18 goals scored, 5 conceded. Scored 5 against Man City on their home. 5-2 was the final result.
Wow, this is brilliant. Keep me posted on how it's working out for you. Beat France 6-1 away last night. 5 first half goals, maybe could have been more but for my half time team talk. I feel I let them get complacent.

what are your backup tactics?

If you are refering to the ones on the tactical overview screen, then they are just older versions of the tactic. If you are wondering what I use when this tactic goes wrong then I just try to use shouts to react to how the match is unfolding.

Hi!

I'd like to try this tactic with FC Bayern.

I was thinking using Neuer as Sweeper Keeper (More fun and he does like to come out of his goal quite a lot afterall, even tho his attributes aren't very good for Sweeper Keeper according to the FM itself.), just not sure if it should be attacking, supporting or defensive SK. Then defensive line would be (from left to right) Lahm, Badstuber, Van Buyten/Tymoshchuk, Boateng. Luiz Gustavo as BWM and Schweinsteiger as CM. Robben or Ribery on the left wing (Hard to decide which one would be better to be honest. I'm leaning more towards Ribery myself). Müller on the right side (Rather than Robben imho because Robben has pretty much 0 teamwork). Toni Kroos as Trequartista and Mario Gomez up in front. Does this setup sound like it would suit this tactic or should i move some players around?

Are there any other tweakings i should do, ticking and unticking some boxes or such? :p And what size stadium should i use?

Thanks!

Last edited:
so cool.but i also have some questions .can you answa me ?
g.gif

how have you got proper german players into the national team? as its been bugging me how to do it

Hi!

I'd like to try this tactic with FC Bayern.

I was thinking using Neuer as Sweeper Keeper (More fun and he does like to come out of his goal quite a lot afterall, even tho his attributes aren't very good for Sweeper Keeper according to the FM itself.), just not sure if it should be attacking, supporting or defensive SK. Then defensive line would be (from left to right) Lahm, Badstuber, Van Buyten/Tymoshchuk, Boateng. Luiz Gustavo as BWM and Schweinsteiger as CM. Robben or Ribery on the left wing (Hard to decide which one would be better to be honest. I'm leaning more towards Ribery myself). Müller on the right side (Rather than Robben imho because Robben has pretty much 0 teamwork). Toni Kroos as Trequartista and Mario Gomez up in front. Does this setup sound like it would suit this tactic or should i move some players around?

Are there any other tweakings i should do, ticking and unticking some boxes or such? :p And what size stadium should i use?

Thanks!

In my personal opinion, I would use Kroos and Schweinsteiger in the two midfield positions. They switch so both have a chance to get forward and attack. I would try find a different player for the treq role if I am honest. Hamsik does a very good job there, amongst others. If you decide to play Robben on the right wing I would change him to winger or inside forward - attack and run with ball to often.

Any and all questions welcome.

how have you got proper german players into the national team? as its been bugging me how to do it

Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\1220\lnc\all

delete the file called fake.lnc

cheers mate now just to get the *** national team in my game

have got the germans but i need the japanese team now

have got the germans but i need the japanese team now

In the same place where you had the fake.lnc file you will also find 2 files named lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc and nleague.lnc. Delete those and this will unlock Japan aswell (+ some other features that are restricted while these files are there).

Back