andysean

Reaction score

Having recently read an artical posted online it has inspired me to try a new FM game with Pescara, in which i am trying to emulate the tactics used by their former coach Zdenek Zeman who now manages Roma. Pescara in the 2011-2012 season gained promotion from Seria B, mainly through playing attractive all out attacking football with little apparent consideration to the defensive phase of play. Indeed it’s when we take a closer look at the system employed by Pescara last term, it becomes obvious that something special happened on the Adriatic coast.
When you watch Pescara play it’s easy to describe their setup as a relatively conventional 4-3-3 with fluid movement from back to front. In truth though this categorising is simply an act of convenience for the watching public and those attempting to describe what they are watching for an interested public. Zdenek Zeman has developed his style of play over the years and if I was forced to describe this sytem in a word that word would be anarchy.
Whilst conventional coaching dictates that sides play with a strong side/weak side rule, meaning that when the ball is on one flank that side is the strong side where the fullback and midfielders will push on to support the attack. The opposite side meanwhile is the weak side where the fullback and supporting players will hold more of a defensive duty to give the side balance. Pescara ignore any sense of balance as their players pour forwards in waves creating overloads all the way across the pitch but leaving the team exposed defensively.

Zdenek Zeman has also come to believe wholeheartedly in the vibrancy of youth. Loan signings such as Ciro Immobile, from Juventus, and Lorenzo Insigne, from Napoli, have showed that they have real ability to go alongside their apparent potential. It’s a homegrown player that perhaps provided the key to the side though with 19 year old playmaker Marco Verratti (who now plays at PSG) dictating the waves of attacking pressure and perhaps showing himself to be the perfect embodiment of Zdenek Zeman’s attacking philosophy. With Marco Verratti pulling the strings the irrepressible Lorenzo Insigne has been given free reign to move as he pleases causing havoc amongst opposition defences and showing just why he is so highly rated in Naples.
The goals meanwhile are shared throughout the side although striker Ciro Immobile has the lions share with 17 goals so far this term. This goal threat along with the probing passing of Marco Verratti and the creative spark provided by Lorenzo Insigne truly shined within Zdenek Zeman’s anarchic system of play with players being encouraged to be expressive and to attempt things that more tactically disciplined coaches would reproach them for.
Now i know that the current team in 2012-2013 is maybe not as strong as the one last year but i am trying to copy this formation as best as possible with little success, thus i am writing on here to see if anyone else could maybe give this all out attact style of play a try?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Andy

View attachment 305714View attachment 305715I have now developed my tactic 'anarchy' which takes Zeman's style of all out attacking football and it seems to be working well :D however it is still early days....will update once i am further into the season i will update and give a detailed review of the 'anarchy' tactic.....watch this space!

Zeman livens up Serie A like no other.
"Yes i did get spanked a few times" so do Zeman teams in real life so this is normal!