My Manchester United Story 12.2.0 Patch

simoo88

Reaction score
First of all please let me begin by explaining this is the first time I have ever made a thread on a forum. I am not exactly the worlds greatest on the computer. However after avidly playing FM for many years I feel I would like to share some of my experiences. Now I shall begin the thread.

I am a Manchester United fan and as such enjoy managing them on FM. Here is my go at implementing a new successful era after the ending of Sir Alex Ferguson's illustrious career.

Manchester United

View attachment 231456

Manchester United Squad 2012:

View attachment 231455

Season Expectations
I decided to go for "title challenge" as I realise that it is going to be a tough challenge with the oil rich Manchester City having spent millions, as well as the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham being able to potentially challenge for a league title.

This gave me a transfer budget of £15m, which I intended to invest in young promising players for the future.

Board Requests

I requested a feeder club that would make it easier for me to send my players too on loan.

The options I received were:

Sheffield United - League 1 with good training facilities
Preston North End - League 1 with good training facilities
Rochdale - League 1 with average facilities

I decided to go for Preston North End as I believe that my young signings (see below) will have ample opportunities here as well as the fact that they have good training facilities which is obviously highly important with nurturing young players.

Manchester United Squad

GK's

David De Gea
Anders Lindegaard
Tomasz Kuszchzak
Sam Johnstone
Ben Amos

Fullbacks

Rafael
Patrice Evra
Fabio
Zeki Fryers

Centrebacks

Rio Ferdinand
Nemanja Vidic
Chris Smalling
Jonny Evans
Phil Jones
Ritchie de Laet (sent on loan to Twente)

Centre Midfield

Darren Fletcher
Anderson
Thomas Cleverley
Paul Scholes
Ryan Giggs
Davide Petrucci
Michael Carrick
Paul Pogba - I sent on loan to Preston North End

Wingers

Nani
Ashley Young
Antonio Valencia

Strikers

Wayne Rooney
Javier Hernandez
Danny Welbeck
Federico Macheda - on loan at QPR
Michael Owen
Dimitar Berbatov

Youngsters of note

Adnan Januzaj
Kenji Gorre
Jack Barmby

Manchester United transfer dealings:

View attachment 231501

In

As you can see I have bought a fair few youngsters.

Hervin Ongenda - 16yr old striker from PSG
Joel Valencia - 16yr old winger/amc from Zaragoza
James Ward-Prowse - 16yr old midfielder from Southampton
Jake Sinclair - 16yr old striker from Southampton
Luke Shaw - 16yr old fullback from Southampton
Enzo Zidane - 16yr old attacking midfielder from Real Madrid
Andile Jali - 21yr old midfielder from Orlando Pirates
Jean-Marie Dongou - 16yr old striker from Barcelona
Ivan Saez - 16yr old centre back from Real Madrid
Sergio Cabalenas - 15yr old goalkeeper from Real Madrid
Bruma - 16yr old winger from Sporting Lisbon
Gael Andonian - 16yr old centre back from Marseille
Massimo Margiotta - free transfer to help nurture youth players
Guti - free transfer to help nurture youth players
Sol Campbell - free transfer to help nurture youth players

Also signed the legend in a making Carlos Fierro for 1.2m.
Out

Joe Coll - free transfer
Ritchie De Laet - FC Twente loan
Zeki Fryers - Sheffield Wednesday loan
Will Keane - Coventry loan
Tom Thorpe - Rochdale loan
Ben Amos - Sheffield United loan
Larnell Cole - Swindon loan
Jesse Lingard - Bury loan
Michael Keane - Colchester loan
Sam Johnstone - Bristol Rovers loan
Reece Brown - Wycombe loan
Marnick Vermijl - Yeovil loan
Paul Pogba - Preston North End loan

All of these loans were for 0% wages in order for the youngsters to get some experience, or for players I am unsure about to see how they do and if they dont develop I will try and shift them on at the end of the season.

Tactics

Full credit needs to go to Raikan007 as I saw his tactic:
Brand new tactic: 433! 12.2.0 (latest patch) Serious testers only!

Once reading through it I decided I liked the idea of testing it as I have used many of Raikan's tactics in the past which have been amazing to say the least.

I have decided to change it slightly and incorporate an AMC so as to effectively make it a 4-2-3-1, which Raikan himself suggested was an option in this thread.

This is how I use Raikans tactic at home or against easier opposition:

View attachment 231551

Against stronger opposition and away from home I have decided to use a

View attachment 231561

Here are my results so far:

View attachment 231564

So far I would say that this tactic developed by Raikan is extremely effective.

Manchester United Training:

I use Raver's training schedules for both my senior and youth training and find them to be very effective at developing my players, some of the results can be seen on various websites posting future screenshots of some young players.

I am looking forward to seeing some of my key youngsters such as Januzaj, Andonian, Ongenda and Valencia develop, my plan is to give them some substitute appearances this season, before perhaps looking to loan them out to teams with good facilities that offers them first team football.

Staff Ins and Outs:

View attachment 231567

As we all know Manchester United have fantastic facilities and therefore I have attempted to bring in the best possible coaches to get the best out of my players. Here is a picture of my coaches highlighting just how good they are presently, not a bad foundation to start upon for the upcoming seasons (I wouldnt say so anyhow).

View attachment 231571

Thats about all for now people, I plan to update this as my season goes on. Again this is the first time I have made a thread so any mistakes please forgive me. Also I want to ensure that the tactic is fully accredited to Raikan007. If anyone has any questions please feel free to fire away.​

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/88278-how-take-screenshot-guide.html

also, when linking pictures, just copy the link of the pic and click the insert image button on the toolbar above (next to the two globes) and click the from URL tab (untick the button below) and insert the cut address for the pic itself :)

Manchester%20United%20Fridge%20Magnet-7455.jpg

ok thanks a lot raikan, having some major successes, just beaten valencia 6-0 in champions league, and then Napoli the following week 2-0 (had so many chances, just seemed to hit the bar a lot, and annoyingly hernandez missed a penalty)... Have signed ze roberto on a free for january so looking forward to see how good the "machine" is... So far though my favourite signing is andile jali, he just bosses the midfield so well, and has chipped in with a good few assists and occassional goal, he breaks down play very well as a ball winner should do...

just about to get to begin the boxing day and new year fixture rush, had some good results, although do seem to hit the woodwork a fair few times and from time to time get 2-3 games in a row where Hernandez seems to have goals disallowed... However, I remain unbeaten and have a great defence and attacking record... I shall post screenshots soon, have to say andile jali is my favourite signing, davide petrucci is developing well also (despite just 3/4 substitute appearances, he benefited hugely from paul scholes' tutoring). Hervin Ongenda is doing well in the under 18's, banging in goals and his attributes are increasing... Joel Valencia has 4* potential and I have moved him to the senior squad to give him the occasional substitute appearances, hes learning well from ashley young and his attributes are increasing (got him on a heavy individual training programme to develop his speed)... I shall post some more screenshots when I get a chance...

Hey

Hey folks, i currently run FM 12 on a macbook, is there any chance you could upload the tactics in a mac friendly format? thanks