HBQ

Reaction score
Initially I was trying to replicate barcelona's real life play style/tactics (not like anyone ever does that) High possession, short passing, closing down etc etc

The results however were not like barcelona, I didnt get the high possession but loads of goals scored, very few conceeded and Messi has been unreal.
(Make sure to look at the messi print screen)
Barcastats.jpg

Formation/ Tactics
Formation.jpg

Tactics.jpg

As some of you may notice I play with alot of width. This is because in real life barcelona's FBs create the width for the team and their forwards come infield this is why I play with three strikers.

Now on to the reason I made this thread... :)

Messi
MessiGoals.jpg

MessiPi.jpg

David Villa

DavidVilla.jpg

Some noticable results
Barca6-1madrid.jpg

Barca5-0AtleticoMadrid.jpg

Barca6-0Sevilla.jpg

Tactid Download Link
http://www.zshare.net/download/884762170433cae5/

Looks good.. and thats a quality goal tally with messi! well done

He tends to drop of the frontline to create a diamond formation. sometimes he ends up on the right/left.

I'm glad its not just another tactic trying to imitate Barcelona, but just something you had some great success with. Those really are some intense numbers with Messi, props to ya.

hi i try with real madrid in 4 season and ronaldo was a bad boy :) scores 70 goals total 110 golas scored 22 conceded... amazing man!!!

37 played 38 goals league 22 assist
10 palyed 12 goals cup
12 played 19 goals champs cup
reach to the semi final and the rest i won everything also the individual players :) :)
one of the best tactics hi used...but one thing i don`t no is the pitch size...prep match???

In my opinion this tactic is the best ive seen on FM11, at first when i seen the Formation and i'd say it was quite defensive, but when you think about it you have 2 Attacking Wing Backs and 3 Strikers, Ive tried this with Everton and Barcelona and in this tactic has produced great results, Im currently playing with Barca and have scored 24 goals and conceded 2 in 8 matches, cant wait to see the end of season stats.

So? Why does it matter that the tactic doesn't give you 80% possession or something? If I can win every game 5-0 with 40%, I'm happy. Also, this tactic wasn't made to get you shitloads of possession.

Beautiful formation. It works with the majority of teams but if you want to do it with teams such as spurs where you have top wingers such as Bale, Lennon and Pienaar, you dont have space for them. Overall though an amazing formation and very attacking with defensive areas too. :) Cheers!

So? Why does it matter that the tactic doesn't give you 80% possession or something? If I can win every game 5-0 with 40%, I'm happy. Also, this tactic wasn't made to get you shitloads of possession.

Well, he tried to make high possession tactic, as he tried something like IRL Barcelona, but failed miserably and made super tactic =D

I think that you can add some possession with lowering mentalities of right and left strikers and make Xavi as playmaker. That results to Xavi having more ball, which probaply just leads to Messi getting the ball more rearly and scoring less. Maybe Messi as target man and supply to feet could help. Anyway seems decision between possession and scoring, and we know which one wins games.

thanks for the nice comments guys.

I used barca current pitch size and match prep was just team blend set to high in pre season and normal/low during the competitive season.

Well, he tried to make high possession tactic, as he tried something like IRL Barcelona, but failed miserably and made super tactic =D

I think that you can add some possession with lowering mentalities of right and left strikers and make Xavi as playmaker. That results to Xavi having more ball, which probaply just leads to Messi getting the ball more rearly and scoring less. Maybe Messi as target man and supply to feet could help. Anyway seems decision between possession and scoring, and we know which one wins games.

although I didnt get the posession everything else turned out like I wanted it to. Messi is unreal, runs through the defence like theyre not even there.

anyone want to post some screenshots?

Last edited: