My retainers hurt like ****

Roonaldo

Club Captain
Reaction score
I've just visited my orthodontist and he's given me my retainers. I have some questions:
First question: Are you supposed to wear them because i haven't had my braces yet?
Second question: How long do i have to wear them?
Third question: Do they hurt all the time?:mad:

1. I only had them for about 9 months but i didnt have the proper fit in one.
3. Only hurt for the first day or two.

1. I wore mine all the time
2. I had them for 4 months
3. Mine only hurt for a couple of days, take a couple of painkillers if it gets too much

I've just visited my orthodontist and he's given me my retainers. I have some questions:
First question: Are you supposed to wear them because i haven't had my braces yet?
Second question: How long do i have to wear them?
Third question: Do they hurt all the time?:mad:

Really you should have asked your dentist these questions, but from what i remember when i used a retainer, i only ever wore them on a morning and on a night (particularly when sleeping) You'll wear them until you need braces (if necessary) and they don't hurt all the time, but it'll take a while to get used to them. Oh also don't forget to brush and keep your retainers clean! Very important.

What Miss Becky said about keeping them clean. People at my school don't and it isn't... pleasant, to say the least. oO)

i call them twin blocks but they only hurt after a day or 2

all he told me is that it's only my front two teeth that need to be straightened

I had braces from like 12-13 then didnt wear the gum sheild thing at night once u get them taken off so the went back they way they were so had to get them agen, musta got them off when i was 14-15, now ive got a perma retainer thingy on the back of my teeth as i cant be trusted :p

Disgraceful Gregor. Can we trust you as a moderator? :p