My Sunderland FM10 story

Grixy

Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought id say how happy i am with the new game. At first its a bit weird but once you get the menu system its spot on. I particularly like the way your staff ineract moe with you and the way injuries are not as bad as 09. However i have noticed that goals are scored from long range a lot more than last year, or it might just be my tactics haha.

Anyway im Sundeland (predicted 16th). I have made soem signings with my 10mil budget and Ruud is the best of them all. I have managed to get to 7th and I am definitely in with a chance of Europe. Into December now and just been beat 1-2 off Arsenal. Dunno when the demo ends but i think ill have to leave it as i have the bug !!!

Feel free to comment or ask questions

Regards

Grixy

Wow Van Nistelrooy is doing well. Good luck

ended jan 2nd for me, was top of league with liverpool!!!

how did you manage to sign ruud? in terms of salary requirements??

He asked for 88k and thats what i gave him.

This won't last long seeing as it ends at January 2nd and your in December lol. Unless your going to continue this when the full game comes out?

Yeah, he'll probably continue. Are you going to post when the game is released because I'll follow if you are?

I tried signing Ruud for Fulham, could only offer 45k a week and he threw it back in my face

I tried signing Ruud for Fulham, could only offer 45k a week and he threw it back in my face
Lol I done exactly the same thing and it worked xD. I just offered him like £10k goal bonus and full wages and he agreed ^^)

I have also started with Sunderland, thought it would be a bit of a challenge but gone on a 6 match unbeaten run after losing 3-1 to Fulham and losing 1-0 to Man United, I beat Liverpool 1-0 and they absolutely dominated me, I only had the 1 shot on target and scored it lol :D, only in October but can't wait to carry on with it.
I will post screenshots soon to show you all.

View attachment 13887

View attachment 13888

View attachment 13889

The 3-2 win against Stoke was a good result for me because we were 2-0 down at one point.

Last edited:
Sunderland Woop Woop

Ive also started with Sunderland since its the team I support and the demo's going great for me, 2nd in the league with great wins over Liverpool 3-0 (Yes no beach ball included), Spurs 4-0 and Aston Villa 5-1.

The demo seems way too easy to score long range shots and also u have 5 or 6 1-on-1's per match, dont know if this is a common bug that u have soo many chances by booting the ball up the field to let Cambell, Bent or Jones to even sprint after the ball while the defenders are left chasing them. Out of the league cup by arsenal but still in FA Cup.

Bought some nice youths since 10mil wont buy the best players and also forgot that we have soo many transfer clauses, Bent, CamPbell, Cattlemole and Reid takes some of ur transfer budget from these clauses so watch out. Currently playing 4-1-3-2 with Cana in defensive midfielder providing suitable defence to play the "Overload" tactic with using hassle team and retain possession for the touchline tactics. I also play "Counter" tactic if im away from home against the top 4.

Last edited:
ohh p.s. anyone tell me where I can get the info such as league id, team id, player id to make a signature?

ohh p.s. anyone tell me where I can get the info such as league id, team id, player id to make a signature?

you should use the help thread but ill tell you.
You go into editor and search team, club, league and look at 'unique id'.

ahh right so i'll have to wait for the full game to be posted through my letterbox before I can use the editor :mad:

and thx btw |)

Go to, prefrences, show unique Id's then bob's your uncle, fannys your aunt

frankie i know you know the website well but why cant i see my own signature, can you guys see it?

Nice to see its started something..

I will be continuing, as I only manage Sunderland in these games (boring i know), but I love me club hahaha.

The long shot thing seems true but with it only being a demo maybe its set like that so we enjoy it more and buy the new game. I just hope the injuries arent as severe as last year as I found the larger your squad the more injuries you got. No such problems in the demo but even so I would rather play the demo than buy Champ Man !!!