anthonydunn87

Reaction score
I have created a narrow diamond tactic for my new crystal palace save an have decided upon roles for every position except the two central midfielders, my AMC is a trequartista and my DMC is an anchorman, could anybody suggest a good partnership of roles I could use, I am using short passing with a slow tempo if that helps.

I have created a narrow diamond tactic for my new crystal palace save an have decided upon roles for every position except the two central midfielders, my AMC is a trequartista and my DMC is an anchorman, could anybody suggest a good partnership of roles I could use, I am using short passing with a slow tempo if that helps.

Of what build are your players? Because their main attributes will dictate what roles they would suit best. Anyway, an idea is to set them both as box to box players marking the opposition CMs, and this will give you freedom for the CDM who you can change from anchor man to DLP (and maybe move the person playing anchor man originally into a CM slot). This will give him freedom and time on the ball to orchestrate the attacks for your team. Then, if you happen to come up against a 4-2-3-1 or another 4-1-2-1-2 for example (anything which utilises a CAM really) you can put the CDM back into an anchor man and stick him on tight man marking for their CAM.

You could also use a double pivot like the one shown in my guide ( http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...e-articles-tacticalterrier-3.html#post1540821 ) or a passer/creator/destroyer combination, the CDM being the destroyer who breaks up attacks. One CM can be on CM (or B2B) - support as the passer, just playing simple passes to keep possession and the creator, on DLP - Support to make long passes and open up defences. This makes your midfield very versatile and is suited to you as you play possession football and this partnership makes it easy to keep hold of the ball.

Hope this was helpful :)

Your post was of great help thank you, Crystal Palace have only 300k to start with so I just transferred that into my wage budget.

I brought in Ross Barkley, Abdul Razak and Rory Delap all on loan do currently my first choice diamond is:

DMC: Kagisho Dikgacoi - Anchorman
MCL: Rory Delap - BWM/Defend
MCR: Ross Barkley - AP/Support
AMC: Darren Ambrose - Trequarista

So what would you do with that? I'm obviously limited due to funds and wages so the players I have are all
I can go with.

I have played two proper games so far beating Coventry 2-0 in the league and Torquay 3-2 in the league cup with my back up players.

I'm glad it was pal! In terms of signings, I wouldn't make anymore...

That seems fine mate, although you could change Delap to BWM/Defend or making him a B2B midfielder but change his mentality to a slightly more defensive one. This will mean he plays the ball around more than he would do on defend and to be honest, I doubt you'd need him on defend as you already have an anchor man sitting behind him, since you're playing possession football this would also be helpful with ball retention.

After listening to your advice I changed Rory Delap to BWM-Support and Ross Barkley to DLP-Support, after 14 games I sit in 2nd place behind Southampton and am exceeding all expectations.

I think I have made a very good tactic and am scouting round for a good cheap deep lying forward to improve it as Jose Baxter has been my weak link.