howardrocket

Reaction score
Hi guys I am starting a new save with a National Team, I was wondering if anyone has any insights as to the purpose of having coach's? I obviously realise the need and benefits of having a coach/s for club teams, but when managing a national team there is no training screen or anything like that, so I am not sure if there is need for them and if there is, how do they affect my team?

Thanks for any help, Will.

At least i always use them... And it's pretty easy to get them , if you manage a big/average nation, everyone is likely to accept :)

Yeah I have just managed to get in a high profile Assistant Manager, but I am just struggling to see the benefits or need for having a coach/s.

In reality they don't train to improve stats, they train tactics. Maybe it helps your match prep.

they offer **** all... (besides during International tournaments like WC or Euro or Copa etc) I would assume the coaches would train during these times, the physio's would work on fitness/injuries etc...

the only staff you REALLY need is a good Assistant Manager..

Okay thanks, I am taking up the San Marino job and just thought I would get any extra help I could (if coaches were pivotal or not) managed to sign up Mauro Tassotti as my Assistant Manager, so I will get in a few physios and not bother with any coaches.

you MUST bring them in, the better they are the better you feel about your team... but as I said, I really have not come across anyone or anything that thinks/warrants them being useful....

get coaches that aren't just good at coaching but have high JP/JA as they can be useful for compiling match reports to decide your squad