Will the chairman take his money with him?

Gibballo

Reaction score
Hello there, I've looked around and couldn't really find a solid answer to this question. I'm playing as Newcastle and after some great success, the club's finances are at an all time high, including £62m being made available to me to spend (Note: When Newcastle are given £62m to spend, you know it's FM.) However, now Mr Ashley has piped up and said that he wants to sell the club.

What will this mean for my clubs finances? Will they be completely reset as a new owner will be putting his money in the club, while the old chairman will be taking his with him? Is the money part of the club and therefore cannot be taken?

Thank you very much in advance.

bump.... i'm interested in this too.....

I would imagine that at worse your finances will stay the same

Nope, Take all his money :p

I had the very same thing happen to me two seasons ago... I spent all of Mike Ashleys money on players and when the new chairman came in I got given another 40mill :D take advantage of sports direct!!!

If anyone is curious as to how this turned out, the new chairman matched all the current finances in place and then put in a **** of a lot more. Sadly I couldn't find out for sure if I could have gotten away with spending Mr Ashley's money just before he left, but it doesn't matter I suppose, lancefield14's case seems to make it seem as if you can do ;)

(Only posting this so that if people search for the answer to this question they can find a resolved thread with an answer. I've had a lot of past experiences when I've searched the forum, getting excited because someone has asked the exact question I was curious about only to see the thread never got an answer!)

I would assume that they wouldn't be able to take any money out of the club when selling it.
When buying a football club you are paying for it's assets which includes the contracts to playing and coaching staff, facilities and it's money, as money would be counted as one of those assets then i don't think it could be taken out before it was sold.